Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I would not give up a pick for Gibson.
    even if it was lottery protected?

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
      even if it was lottery protected?
      Nope.

You start trading picks when you're a contender or getting the final piece to push you over the top.

Raps are nowhere near that and Gibson barely moves the needle

Comment

Nope.

You start trading picks when you're a contender or getting the final piece to push you over the top.

Raps are nowhere near that and Gibson barely moves the needle
        That's a fair point. Picks need to land a serious talent. Picks for Vonleh!
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          That's a fair point. Picks need to land a serious talent. Picks for Vonleh!
          I could handle picks for a very young, 2-3 years left on rookie contract.

Comment

makes sense...you are basically trading a known pick for an unknown pick that early in a rookie deal
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I agree, actually. Just searching for a match for Vasquez (who I want off the team ASAP) and had a hard time seeing Chicago give Taj up without the pick.

There's probably a better match out there somewhere.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                I agree, actually. Just searching for a match for Vasquez (who I want off the team ASAP) and had a hard time seeing Chicago give Taj up without the pick.

There's probably a better match out there somewhere.
                I like this train of thought... how do we get rid of GV without giving up a pick?

How about GV to OKC for Augustin and Adams? This seems lopsided, but if GV is KD's best friend, perhaps Presti would consider making a desperation move like this to try to keep KD around.. and landing GV could be a hail mary move to make that happen.

Nothing better then trading with a desperate GM.

Comment

• I honestly don't know if there is a possible trade for GV that is good value. His contract is big, and his play is awful. Since he is expiring, not sure it's worth giving up picks to get rid of him.

I've kinda accepted that GV will be on this team next year. If I'm giving up a pick, it needs to be for a long term asset in return.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I honestly don't know if there is a possible trade for GV that is good value. His contract is big, and his play is awful. Since he is expiring, not sure it's worth giving up picks to get rid of him.

I've kinda accepted that GV will be on this team next year. If I'm giving up a pick, it needs to be for a long term asset in return.
                    Yeah, that's the trick. But I refuse to accept GV as an inevitability. He may well stick around, since apparently Ujiri is looking to play in the 2016 madness (and GV expires that summer). Unfortunately that's his greatest value in a trade as well, taking on a longer contract and letting a team free up max cap space in 2016.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It is funny how MU had 3 major signing in Toronto: G.V, K.L and 2Pat and people want two of the three out of the town ASAP.

God Help us all.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                        It is funny how MU had 3 major signing in Toronto: G.V, K.L and 2Pat and people want two of the three out of the town ASAP.
                        That would be one major signing and two minor ones. Bench guys are, by definition, not major signings.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                          It is funny how MU had 3 major signing in Toronto: G.V, K.L and 2Pat and people want two of the three out of the town ASAP.

God Help us all.
                          Why is that funny? Even if I didn't want them back, I'd have wanted them signed so they could in theory be turned into assets via trade rather than walk for nothing.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Al Farouq Aminu

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Tobias Harris and Al Horford are the two players I would love to see Masai making moves to get.
                              Would be down with Horford - love his game. Don't know enough about Harris to comment.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Al Farouq Aminu
                                We've already got James Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                                X