No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Masai waits until Houston is desperate to get rid of a player and steals T.Jones for a 2nd round pick.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
      I think Masai waits until Houston is desperate to get rid of a player and steals T.Jones for a 2nd round pick.
      That would be an amazing pickup.

Comment

I think Masai waits until Houston is desperate to get rid of a player and steals T.Jones for a 2nd round pick.
        Why would they get desperate? They have the players, the Raps are the ones who need a PF who can at worst backup, preferably start. If they're interested they better not play games and let another team sweep in and get one of these guys. Offer the Ridnour contract and a first rounder (preferably the Clippers pick) and negotiate properly.

For a second rounder Houston is better off waiting.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Why would they get desperate? They have the players, the Raps are the ones who need a PF who can at worst backup, preferably start. If they're interested they better not play games and let another team sweep in and get one of these guys. Offer the Ridnour contract and a first rounder (preferably the Clippers pick) and negotiate properly.

For a second rounder Houston is better off waiting.
          Well how do you properly delegate minutes to 4 PFS during the season and maintain the value of each individual player? Someone is likely not to get the enough playing time and their numbers will likely take a hit.

However, I'm not against giving up the Clippers 2017 pick + Ridnour contract for Jones. I'm all for that deal, if its an option.
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• This is interesting stuff... Not a huge fan so far but still can't judge how it all fits together until Masai's done.

Comment

Well how do you properly delegate minutes to 4 PFS during the season and maintain the value of each individual player? Someone is likely not to get the enough playing time and their numbers will likely take a hit.

However, I'm not against giving up the Clippers 2017 pick + Ridnour contract for Jones. I'm all for that deal, if its an option.
              This is easy. You like one and don't play him. You play the one you don't want a lot beside harden and Howard. Give them every chance to succeed and then trade them.

Your scenario is exactly the drafts, bpa, argument. Fill your team up with talent and then make the moves. Just filling up your team with talent and the firesaling it away is the same as drafting for need only.

Our only chance for desperation there was Aldridge. Tjones looks better beside Howard than anything we have

Comment

I see your point, they could send Clint down to the D league for a bit but that isn't ideal...But the Raps can't be the only team with picks and who need a PF/big.

Comment

• McBob's salary fits Toronto cap space almost perfectly. its about a couple mil difference but manageable, if the Heat are serious about dumping him

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                    It definitely could. I just think/hope they will avoid putting Ross at SF again, even in bench lineups. It's not a small-ball thing, I like small-ball. It's just that Ross isn't suited to that particular position. I would much rather see him playing as an SG most of his time on the court.
                    Ross does not have the handle necessary to operate effectively as a 2

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                      Ross does not have the handle necessary to operate effectively as a 2
                      too bad dribbling without looking at the ball isnt a skill that guys can pick up.

Comment

• do we have enough 3 point shooting without Ross? It'll be just Lowry, Carroll and Patterson.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          This is interesting stuff... Not a huge fan so far but still can't judge how it all fits together until Masai's done.
                          Speculating based on the short amount of time it took for the raps to go after carroll and cojo and the slight overpay i would say mu expects the two to take up bigger roles in toronto than they did last year. I think we should wait until part way through the season to judge this offseason.

Unless we go into next season with ppat as our only pf, then its a questionable pffseason.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            do we have enough 3 point shooting without Ross? It'll be just Lowry, Carroll and Patterson.
                            Id say it depends on If you think cojo can continue his efficiency at a higher volume. I wouldnt move ross either way tho. i think ross' shooting is more important this year than it was last year. A pick n role with ross, carroll and ppat spacing the floor could be pretty deadly.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Id say it depends on If you think cojo can continue his efficiency at a higher volume. I wouldnt move ross either way tho. i think ross' shooting is more important this year than it was last year. A pick n role with ross, carroll and ppat spacing the floor could be pretty deadly.
                              Think Demar would be driving with KL, Carroll and 2Pats outside and JV inside and the second unit would have CoJo with Ross. The bench needs shooters maybe Dorell Wright

Comment

• If 2 Pat is the definite starter how about Ryan Kelly as the backup 4? He's a mobile stretch 4 with okay defensive skills. More importantly, he can be had for practically nothing because the Lakers need to clear cap space:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...ly/2015/07/05/

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X