No announcement yet.

Woj: Casey will be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I've still got the depth charts open, here are teams that might be interested in Lowry.

Brooklyn
    Dallas
    Houston
    Indiana
    Lakers
    New Orleans (maybe)
    Knicks
    Philly
    Sacramento

Same caveat, I probably screwed something up there.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Now that we've kept Casey, we kinda do. We can't just stick with the same team and think it will get better.
      I like our core.... what I think we need to do is upgrade the starting line-up.... our bench is fine. Also, we will be developing players with the D-League team. Also, I'm willing to give Casey another chance.... because I'm not so sure you can out all the blame on him for this year.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        "Casey staying = significant players leaving and roster overhaul."
        This is the most logical way going forward and I agree with you but am scared that MU will not do it !!!

I was almost 100% sure that MU will throw DC under the bus. It would have made a lot of sense. He would score some points with the fans and will buy another 2 years for his team under the banner of rebuild/retool.

By Keeping D.C. , MU put all the responsibilities on his shoulder. Now it is ALL on HIM. It is the summer of MU. He needs to make changes to the the players and I hope he does not give away our talents, our stars for some mediocre and questionable talents.

I hope MU does not build another Nuggets team here because those are in big trouble in West right now.

Comment

Without examining what they could send back, the following teams would probably see Demar as an upgrade at SG.

Brooklyn
          Charlotte
          Cleveland
          Dallas (maybe)
          Denver
          Indiana
          LAC
          LAL
          Memphis
          Minnesota
          NYK
          OKC
          Philly
          Phoenix
          Portland
          Sacramento
          San Antonio (if they lose green)

Could have screed up somewhere in there, I just did a quick scan of the current NBA depth charts,so some injured SG might have slipped my mind.

This is my List.

Brooklyn
          Charlotte
          Cleveland
          Dallas
          LAC
          NYK
          Sacramento

Comment

Since I've still got the depth charts open, here are teams that might be interested in Lowry.

Brooklyn
            Dallas
            Houston
            Indiana
            Lakers
            New Orleans (maybe)
            Knicks
            Philly
            Sacramento

Same caveat, I probably screwed something up there.

This is my list.

Brooklyn
            Dallas
            Indiana
            Knicks
            Sacramento

Comment

• I worry about JV and Bruno if Casey stays as the head coach. It would be nice to see Bruno get a few minutes of regular playing time each game, but I worry about him getting pulled quickly for mistakes without a chance to redeem himself. We'll see if JV gets more involvement in the offense or not, and if he continues to be benched in 4th quarters even after playing well for the previous 3.

Casey seems to enjoy players that he can trust to handle the ball and shoot. I really think Masai needs to... limit his options so that we don't have to see those dreaded 3 ISO guard lineups again. Personally I think one of Lou, GV, or Lowry needs to go. Try and replace them with a guard who plays a good team game and can adequately defend. I'm tired of backup point guards torching our defense and looking like Allen Iverson.
              OG is our king

Comment

• All that being said, I don't think neither of the guys ( Lowry or DD) can get us top 7 draft pick this year.
                Also looking at these teams :

Brooklyn, Dallas, Charlotte, CLE,LAC, NY dont have anything significant to give us back.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  I like our core.... what I think we need to do is upgrade the starting line-up.... our bench is fine. Also, we will be developing players with the D-League team. Also, I'm willing to give Casey another chance.... because I'm not so sure you can out all the blame on him for this year.
                  the starting lineup IS our core. By saying you want to upgrade the starting lineup, you're saying you don't like our core. Also, the bench really isn't fine. Who is the backup SG or backup C?

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    I don't get you guys.... we don't need to blow the ship up.
                    This
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Now that we've kept Casey, we kinda do. We can't just stick with the same team and think it will get better.
                      You don't blow it up. Its called adding more talent. After 97 wins the pass two season and the All-Star weekend coming up you guys really think Masai is going to tank?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                        All that being said, I don't think neither of the guys ( Lowry or DD) can get us top 7 draft pick this year.
                        Also looking at these teams :

Brooklyn, Dallas, Charlotte, CLE,LAC, NY dont have anything significant to give us back.

They probably can't on their own but the Raptors have some value contracts in PP and JJ.

Then the types of pieces the Raptors would be looking at (rookie deals and picks) would require money to be sent back to the Raptors so they would have the ability to eat a contract for the other team.

Sacramento is a perfect example:

Lowry, Ross for Thompson, Collison, Staukas, #6

or

Lowry, Patterson for Thompson, Collison, Staukas, #6

Patterson fits very nicely between Gay and Cousins.
                        Thompson is off the books after this season with unguaranteed deal with $2M buyout.

For the much hyped '16 free agency that adds about $5M of cap space while adding a rotational player in Collison, a prospect, and a lotto pick.

Just spit balling here. I was wrong on #FireCasey. If I'm wrong on #RosterOverhaul then I won't really care because I won't be watching this shit show again.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          You don't blow it up. Its called adding more talent. After 97 wins the pass two season and the All-Star weekend coming up you guys really think Masai is going to tank?
                          Please explain how you add more talent?

Please.

I really want to know.

How do you do that?

Because if you're not "blowing this up" (which is an awful way to put it when it really is selling high on assets) that means you're keeping Lowry, DD, JV and PP. You are also resigning Lou and Amir.

That leaves the MLE, BAE, minimum contracts, #20, and Bruno plus the trade market for GV, Ross, and JJ to get better.

SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how the Raptors are going to add talent without giving something up in return?

Comment

They probably can't on their own but the Raptors have some value contracts in PP and JJ.

Then the types of pieces the Raptors would be looking at (rookie deals and picks) would require money to be sent back to the Raptors so they would have the ability to eat a contract for the other team.

Sacramento is a perfect example:

Lowry, Ross for Thompson, Collison, Staukas, #6

or

Lowry, Patterson for Thompson, Collison, Staukas, #6

Patterson fits very nicely between Gay and Cousins.
                            Thompson is off the books after this season with unguaranteed deal with $2M buyout.

For the much hyped '16 free agency that adds about $5M of cap space while adding a rotational player in Collison, a prospect, and a lotto pick.

Just spit balling here. I was wrong on #FireCasey. If I'm wrong on #RosterOverhaul then I won't really care because I won't be watching this shit show again.
                            I hope you are right but personally if I was in charge of the king, I would not do it but we can always hope it will happen.

Comment

Please explain how you add more talent?

Please.

I really want to know.

How do you do that?

Because if you're not "blowing this up" (which is an awful way to put it when it really is selling high on assets) that means you're keeping Lowry, DD, JV and PP. You are also resigning Lou and Amir.

That leaves the MLE, BAE, minimum contracts, #20, and Bruno plus the trade market for GV, Ross, and JJ to get better.

SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how the Raptors are going to add talent without giving something up in return?
                              you just get creative
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                                I hope you are right but personally if I was in charge of the king, I would not do it but we can always hope it will happen.
                                The owner is determined to make the playoffs over anything else.

After years of brutal draft picks, I don't see him being the patient type.

What do they have to show for their years of draft picks? Cousins.

Comment

Working...
                                X