Woj: Casey will be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Actually, the Raptors have a very solid corporate sponsorship revenue stream. I believe they are top 10 in the NBA for sponsorship revenues.

Also, from what I have been told by a reliable source (i.e. someone who was involved in the MLSE sale to Rogers/Bell) the Raptors generate a profit of anywhere from $20-$30 million a year for MLSE.

There is no issue with the Raptors generating dollars or having a big budget. The team is more than self-sustaining.
    Forbes has them at 7th for sponsorship revenue, 14th most valuable franchise overall (http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45emhdf/9-miami-heat/). Not bad for a one-and-done team without a superstar player. The highest ranked teams have either huge markets, future hall of fame players, or a ton of fairly recent team success.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      When I can, I stream too. But I will admit I like Jones/Smith more than Armstrong/Devlin.

I once tried using a stream muted with the radio on.... and it was nearly perfect.
      Pay for Ballstreams and watch the opposing teams broadcast, that's what I did for the vast majority of games. Ballstreams is under $100, or maybe exactly $100, for the entire season. You get every game in HD, with all the broadcast options, plus access to all the games after they happen in a DVR type setup. I've used it for two straight seasons and it's pretty damn awesome.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Pay for Ballstreams and watch the opposing teams broadcast, that's what I did for the vast majority of games. Ballstreams is under $100, or maybe exactly $100, for the entire season. You get every game in HD, with all the broadcast options, plus access to all the games after they happen in a DVR type setup. I've used it for two straight seasons and it's pretty damn awesome.
        Here's the thing:

My house situation isn't the greatest.... I live with 2 parents. One has net, the other does not. So paying for soemthing like BallStreams is kinda not worth it when I'd still have to listen via radio (I change houses every 2 weeks) more than half the time.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Here's the thing:

My house situation isn't the greatest.... I live with 2 parents. One has net, the other does not. So paying for soemthing like BallStreams is kinda not worth it when I'd still have to listen via radio (I change houses every 2 weeks) more than half the time.
          Does ballstreams have an app or work on mobile? NBA League Pass is more expensive, but I know you can watch it on a phone or tablet - free wi-fi everywhere

Otherwise, amazing dedication tuning in to radio broadcasts all the time. I only do that while I'm driving.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Does ballstreams have an app or work on mobile? NBA League Pass is more expensive, but I know you can watch it on a phone or tablet - free wi-fi everywhere

Otherwise, amazing dedication tuning in to radio broadcasts all the time. I only do that while I'm driving.
            It does have a phone app, but if you don't have wifi it will cost you an arm and a leg on your data plan, the stream is 3.2MB/s. Even if you can only catch half the games live Ballstreams might still be worth it since you can go back and watch the game you had to listen to on the radio in their archive. I also use it to watch a bunch of other teams, typically I would just pick the best prime time game to watch each night.

Or just use the free streams when you can. They are lower quality, but it's still watchable. Basically looks like regular definition television, if anyone can remember what that looked like. Just ask for a stream in the game thread and a nice poster will hook you up.

Comment

It does have a phone app, but if you don't have wifi it will cost you an arm and a leg on your data plan, the stream is 3.2MB/s. Even if you can only catch half the games live Ballstreams might still be worth it since you can go back and watch the game you had to listen to on the radio in their archive. I also use it to watch a bunch of other teams, typically I would just pick the best prime time game to watch each night.

Or just use the free streams when you can. They are lower quality, but it's still watchable. Basically looks like regular definition television, if anyone can remember what that looked like. Just ask for a stream in the game thread and a nice poster will hook you up.
              When I can, I do.

But I will admit that BallStreams sounds like a solid option for what it is.

By the way, I might watch more D-League games than raptor games if we tank and DO get our team. Gotta see Bruno thrive, right?
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                When I can, I do.

But I will admit that BallStreams sounds like a solid option for what it is.

By the way, I might watch more D-League games than raptor games if we tank and DO get our team. Gotta see Bruno thrive, right?
                They usually carry some international tournaments on Ballstreams, would be nice if they added DLeague, although DLeague might be free online already. I've never tried to watch it before.

Comment

They usually carry some international tournaments on Ballstreams, would be nice if they added DLeague, although DLeague might be free online already. I've never tried to watch it before.
                  D-League games are all streamed via Youtube. So I've watched a lot of it... some really good unsigned talent down there if you look. Games are okay, but the comments section... man is that ever terrible, especially when Bruno was playing.
                  Axel wrote:
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Everybody here loves Coach Bud right? thoughts on Jeff Teague's final shot to end reg time? if that was the Raptors and Teague was DeRozan or Lowry, all the "experts" here would probably go bananas w/ their "Fire Casey" crap lol.

The point is, that's how its ALWAYS been. Late in the game, you give the ball to your best player and you get out of the way.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Everybody here loves Coach Bud right? thoughts on Jeff Teague's final shot to end reg time? if that was the Raptors and Teague was DeRozan or Lowry, all the "experts" here would probably go bananas w/ their "Fire Casey" crap lol.

The point is, that's how its ALWAYS been. Late in the game, you give the ball to your best player and you get out of the way.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• More! more! more!

1993 NBA Finals eh lol. Can't think of a more current one?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

More! more! more!

1993 NBA Finals eh lol. Can't think of a more current one?
                          Well, considering you said that's how it always was, I thought going back a little bit was fitting.
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• ONE play? and we're talking about a broken play here lol. That play was designed for Pippen who you know is an all time great. The Suns player did a great job of rotating to the ball, Pippen made the right pass to Grant, and Grant made a great pass to a wide open Paxson.

Show me more.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

ONE play? and we're talking about a broken play here lol. That play was designed for Pippen who you know is an all time great. The Suns player did a great job of rotating to the ball, Pippen made the right pass to Grant, and Grant made a great pass to a wide open Paxson.

Show me more.
                              Lol you gotta be kidding. 'Give the ball to your best player', that's what you said. Pippen was, um, not their best player.

And a broken play, eh? Did you miss the part where the announcer said the Bulls had run that very same action, ending with a three, multiple times already that game? But nah, that couldn't have been what they were looking for.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Lol you gotta be kidding. 'Give the ball to your best player', that's what you said. Pippen was, um, not their best player.

And a broken play, eh? Did you miss the part where the announcer said the Bulls had run that very same action, ending with a three, multiple times already that game? But nah, that couldn't have been what they were looking for.
                                Well, Pippen obviously was not their best player. But you know..... ...he's Scottie Pippen.

And i didn't need to listen to the audio because i remember that game very well. That play was designed for Pippen lol. The Suns player did a great job of rotating to the ball, if not that would've been an easy dunk.

I'm still waiting for more clips btw. Just one?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X