Game #71 Raptors-esque at Wizards Saturday March 23rd 8:00pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #71 Raptors-esque at Wizards Saturday March 23rd 8:00pm on SN1

I'm sure everyone in this battle had their own reasons for fighting as they did.
    I'm just not sure if they knew it would then lead go on to represent a deeper battle,
    the fight for ping pong balls.

This is where we are
    (and where we might have been for a while)

You may have heard me say earlier in the season that tanking was a lost cause,
    because if the players we had led to that bad a result, one draft pick wasn't going to fix things.

But these aren't those players.

Perhaps you've seen some variation of this tweet lately

Not a single player in our starting lineup last night was a real starter for us this year.

And yeah, you might say that's misleading
    because we made so many trades, so of course people are new

But even after we made all the trades,
    last night's starters were all bench players
    (or 905)!

So, to quote an old friend

Yes it would be fun to see the kids win.
    Gradey had some spectacular plays last night.

But it's not a little of column A and a little of column B tonight

If we lose our first round draft pick strengthens,
    and
    our second round draft pick strengthens

And just to add some sexiness to this matchup,
    we're on a back to back.

That's about all I've got.

Go Raps

This is gonna be our toughest game of the season. Both teams want to lose with a passion. Can we out lose the Wizards? I think the lineup we played last night has a great shot.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      This is gonna be our toughest game of the season. Both teams want to lose with a passion. Can we out lose the Wizards? I think the lineup we played last night has a great shot.
      Vegas agrees. Wiz are 6 1/2 point favourites tonight. I don't gamble and don't follow the Wiz (who does?), but I am curious. When was the last time the Wiz have been favoured by that much? Took a quick look and even the home game with the Pistons, who had lost 35 of 36, only had the WIz at -5 1/2.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Just came to me. Tonight's game actually features 2 Washington teams - the Wizards and the Generals.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

Go Raps
          'Go Raps'

ahh you are confusing us Claw.
          What does that really mean?

Comment

Pretty big game as it can help that Pistons' pick too with a Raptor loss. Need a full 40 minutes from McDaniels in this one Darko. He's the captain now.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

'Go Raps'

ahh you are confusing us Claw.
              What does that really mean?
              Rain or shine…..it’s always “Go Raps”

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Vegas agrees. Wiz are 6 1/2 point favourites tonight. I don't gamble and don't follow the Wiz (who does?), but I am curious. When was the last time the Wiz have been favoured by that much? Took a quick look and even the home game with the Pistons, who had lost 35 of 36, only had the WIz at -5 1/2.
                Word is out Raps want to lose games.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                  Not sure of the intricacies of the lottery but the bottom three teams have the same odds. The Wiz could win out and it would be tough to get out of the bottom three. So they would have to reason to lose. They actually beat the Kings the other day (I’m pretty sure we didn’t).
                  Now, if coming third last in record means you are dropped to 4th if another team jumps up, then I guess they would want to lose as much as they can

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

Not sure of the intricacies of the lottery but the bottom three teams have the same odds. The Wiz could win out and it would be tough to get out of the bottom three. So they would have to reason to lose. They actually beat the Kings the other day (I’m pretty sure we didn’t).
                    Now, if coming third last in record means you are dropped to 4th if another team jumps up, then I guess they would want to lose as much as they can
                    There is also the 2nd round picks to think of. Not sure if Washington has theirs or not.

Comment

Thank goodness hockey is heading to the playoffs and baseball is starting....

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Ramsey. All he need is a jump shot and he's an NBA rotation player.

The other guys - Nwora, Porter, Liberty, McDaniels. Absolutely not. All four are absolute garbage.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

3 years gradey will be like a austin reeves for this team

Comment

Liberty made that shot but does he really think that kind of decision making is going to impress any NBA executive? good luck with that. A pass there to Gradey was the right play.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Avdija got shut down by Dick lol
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                              X