Sources: NBA eyes Raptors' Jontay Porter for betting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources: NBA eyes Raptors' Jontay Porter for betting issues

Toronto Raptors forward Jontay Porter is under investigation by the NBA following multiple instances of betting irregularities over the past several months, multiple sources told ESPN on Monday.

Porter might’ve taken the “Bet On Yourself” mantra a bit too literally.

Comment

Yikes. Hopefully this is all just a horrible coincidence but it looks fishy as fuck. What a shame.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Looks like we are drafting a big after all

Comment

Saw some stuff about him leaving early in those 2 games, one for the eye injury and the other when he was sick and how those 2 were the most profitable bets.

Comment

Man what a shame. Can't we catch a break? Also f*ck this betting bullsh*t. I was cheering for Jontay, oh my god...

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                  Man what a shame. Can't we catch a break? Also f*ck this betting bullsh*t. I was cheering for Jontay, oh my god...
                  Doesn't this kind of fit what has been going on all season .. The season did started off with a law suit ..

Comment

Interesting story.. and of course had to be a Raptor. So does Jontay have a lot of pull in social media? I would gather these individual prop bets have ceilings.. like I doubt a bookmaker would allow a million dollar bet on a 3pt under? So did Jontay get like thousands of people to bet the under since he disclosed he was out or something? That shouldn't be hard to find on twitter/instagram/etc if that was the case.

I also heard they cleared his locker room. So maybe he is guilty and now he's done. Which sucks if true because he had so much potential. Ugh. The post chip era has been rough for the Raptors.

Jalen Harris becomes a coke head. Nick interviewing for a job with the 76ers while still employed with the Raptors. Knicks ex guy "stealing" information and the Knicks suing the Raptors. Koloko getting clots and having to retire. Scottie and Jak both with finger injuries requiring surgeries. RJ and his brother. IQ and his uncle.

This team needs some witch doctor to come in and cleanse the team or something.

Comment

I prefer the whole "innocent until proven guilty" side but man, this looks guilty. Maybe his interpreter was betting out of his account *cough* Ohtani.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Interesting story.. and of course had to be a Raptor. So does Jontay have a lot of pull in social media? I would gather these individual prop bets have ceilings.. like I doubt a bookmaker would allow a million dollar bet on a 3pt under? So did Jontay get like thousands of people to bet the under since he disclosed he was out or something? That shouldn't be hard to find on twitter/instagram/etc if that was the case.

I also heard they cleared his locker room. So maybe he is guilty and now he's done. Which sucks if true because he had so much potential. Ugh. The post chip era has been rough for the Raptors.

Jalen Harris becomes a coke head. Nick interviewing for a job with the 76ers while still employed with the Raptors. Knicks ex guy "stealing" information and the Knicks suing the Raptors. Koloko getting clots and having to retire. Scottie and Jak both with finger injuries requiring surgeries. RJ and his brother. IQ and his uncle.

It will get better once this season is over. Let's stay positive!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

The BC betting scandal was a couple of guys paying off a couple of players. But those guys knew guys who knew other guys (including the characters Liotta and DeNiro played in Goodfellas). So no Jontay doesn't have to give the info to a lot of people, but his partner and partners associates will.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978%E...20(cover%20the
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              yeah...heard someone the other day say they should split them up in the batting order. Maybe Ohtani would rather be followed by Freddy Freeman

Comment

Working...
                              X