Will Lou leaving Sportsnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Lou leaving Sportsnet

Another reason why the media in Toronto doesn't serve the NBA fans well in this city .. Will Lou is leaving Sportsnet .. With Raptor season coming to close but NBA playoffs starting .. Sportsnet decides to cut the show to one hour and change it's time slot .. Hockey playoffs starting and so trust me they will increase hockey coverage and go nuts on a 500 Blue Jay team ..

Will Lou and his buddy Alex brought NBA coverage to the next level when they were put on the air at Sportsnet .. Them leaving says
    a lot about how the media still feels about the NBA . They both have decided to leave Sportsnet and go on their own cause I bet
    they grew fustrated with Sportsnet .. The good news is with them going on their own it will allow them to still give us podcasts
    and we will get the NBA coverage that Toronto fans deserve ..

While I appreciated the content that the show had the presentation was very unprofessional. Sportsnet has this issue with all of its talk shows that it airs on tv (outside of Tim & SId) but it is particularly noticeable with this one and that FAN Pregame show, which both look like they are thrown together on the fly by a college multimedia class. It was marginally better appearance-wise than the former pro-wrestling radio guy who broadcasts from his basement (Jeff Marek) but not by much.

From their perspective, I imagine the pay was shit. Probably financially better off to sell their own content.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      While I appreciated the content that the show had the presentation was very unprofessional. Sportsnet has this issue with all of its talk shows that it airs on tv (outside of Tim & SId) but it is particularly noticeable with this one and that FAN Pregame show, which both look like they are thrown together on the fly by a college multimedia class. It was marginally better appearance-wise than the former pro-wrestling radio guy who broadcasts from his basement (Jeff Marek) but not by much.

From their perspective, I imagine the pay was shit. Probably financially better off to sell their own content.
      I do agree that my 1st impression of Lou and Alex wasn't great .. Two guys with hoodies and wearing baseball caps .. Although
      I have to admit that at my age group I am not part of their demographics .. But what I like about them is they were
      critical when required and did act like fans of the team .. I grew to appreciate them and they served us NBA fans very well ..You
      see it's frustrating to put on the radio and all you hear is Jays Jays Jays and Leafs Leafs Leafs all the time .. Heck when
      ever a Leaf sneezes it seems to be covered ..

It seems guys like Smith and Jones were the opposite .. Never really ever critical ..

Comment

I just wouldn't depend on any of the major networks to give you good sports coverage. It's the same in USA. Most of the sports coverage on ESPN is garbage.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          I just wouldn't depend on any of the major networks to give you good sports coverage. It's the same in USA. Most of the sports coverage on ESPN is garbage.
          I think ESPN has a pretty solid group. Zach Lowe is terrific. Pelton offers up far better insights than most. Bobby Marks is their DanH for CBA material.. And Givony is one of the best for draft insight, thank goodness they got rid Chad Ford.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

I think ESPN has a pretty solid group. Zach Lowe is terrific. Pelton offers up far better insights than most. Bobby Marks is their DanH for CBA material.. And Givony is one of the best for draft insight, thank goodness they got rid Chad Ford.
            I was referring to the stuff ESPN puts on TV. They do have some decent writers who also do good podcast stuff, but I don't think any of these guys get shown much on the TV.

Comment

He lost me this year with some of his takes and approach tbh
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

This really deserve its own thread?

I mean, if someone like Jack Armstrong or Matt Devlin got fired then yeah that deserve its own thread......but this?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

This might come off as mean which I apologize in advance for as I know they're alumni of this site, but both of these guys are immensely irritating to me. I don't like their takes, I don't like the way their show is presented, and I don't think they have anything meaningful to say. Not a great loss.

Comment

I would say Sportsnet in general is a complete fucking joke in terms of presentation quality compared to TSN. The only good broadcaster in that bunch outside of Devlin is Brad Fay. The rest, from Alvin, to Savannah Hamilton, Danielle Michaud, and even Sherman Hamilton etc., it is complete bush league and insulting, knowing there are probably hundreds of people in Toronto alone that could step in and do a better job immediately. Add this to the mickey mouse "Raptors Show" with Will Lou and co. and it becomes even more obvious that TSN, which is not great at all, is doing so much better in terms of quality of presentation and coverage.
                    Last edited by Maury; Mon Apr 15, 2024, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Honestly, I think a few RR posters could do a better job than Will Lou and the other guy, who has a smug personality for no good reason.

Perfect example of how badly served the Toronto market is for basketball talk when people actually care about these guys leaving their show. Low standards, man.

Edit: what Maury said.
                      Last edited by golden; Mon Apr 15, 2024, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I've stated my piece about them several times before so no need to really pile on here. You hire amateurs with a podcast in their basement and you get what you got. That's before the mumbling issue....

Comment

I liked will lous post game breakdown. It was thorough and accurate. Its all good he’ll still be available watch something else if you dont like it but its good to have choices

Comment

blake murphy and our guy samson even if i dont agree i dont mind listening. nbachev when i want that story time feel. lou for me just doesnt know enough about basketball. one of the reasons i was happy fred and OG were gone is so they would stop shoving these bad players down our throat like they were difference makers.

but blake is a really good listen

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              blake murphy and our guy samson even if i dont agree i dont mind listening. nbachev when i want that story time feel. lou for me just doesnt know enough about basketball. one of the reasons i was happy fred and OG were gone is so they would stop shoving these bad players down our throat like they were difference makers.

but blake is a really good listen
                              I wish NBAchev would cut his videos down to like 5 minutes tops. We don't need a 30 minute discussion for each game. Have to sit through a lot of nonsense to get his takes which I do enjoy sometimes when he finally gets there.

Comment

Working...
                              X