The Lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    If Cavs win the final argument could be made they don't need Kevin Love.
    Which would really show that management wasted assets to acquire him. Should have kept Wiggins (glad they didn't). Another PF option could have been found for much less. Cavs let LeBron be the GM (and now the Coach) but he really isn't qualified to be.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Which would really show that management wasted assets to acquire him. Should have kept Wiggins (glad they didn't). Another PF option could have been found for much less. Cavs let LeBron be the GM (and now the Coach) but he really isn't qualified to be.
      I feel like the Cavs have to give Love a max offer to justify trading Wiggins. Of course it's up to Love to take it or not, but I'd lean towards him taking the more money on a true contender over rebuilding in LA for less money.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        I feel like the Cavs have to give Love a max offer to justify trading Wiggins. Of course it's up to Love to take it or not, but I'd lean towards him taking the more money on a true contender over rebuilding in LA for less money.
        Yeah Cavs absolutely have to give Love the Max, how else can they justify trading away a future Star in Wiggins. At least they dumped Bennett on the Timberwolves
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Yeah, except getting Lebron back is worth almost any sacrifice, especially in the East. He basically guarantees you a shot at a championship. Lebron trumps all. If that means you let him play part-time GM and/or coach then so be it, as long as he's getting you to the Finals. If he stops doing that then you don't care what he wants/says.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Yeah, except getting Lebron back is worth almost any sacrifice, especially in the East. He basically guarantees you a shot at a championship. Lebron trumps all. If that means you let him play part-time GM and/or coach then so be it, as long as he's getting you to the Finals. If he stops doing that then you don't care what he wants/says.
            But LeBron had already signed. You had him locked in. If you really aren't confident enough in your talent evaluation (for draft and trades) to be able to build a successful team around him, then perhaps you need a new GM.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

But LeBron had already signed. You had him locked in. If you really aren't confident enough in your talent evaluation (for draft and trades) to be able to build a successful team around him, then perhaps you need a new GM.
              Locked in for one season, Lebron has an opt out every year. You do what he wants or he goes wherever the fuck he feels like.

Comment

• What is it with everyone buying the media hype on the Lakers ?
                I can't remember the last time they signed someone significant.
                Shaq in 98' ? everyone else they trade for or drafted, yet every year "Sources say half the league wants to sign with the Lakers" Kevin love even said when he was with the Wolves "They're worst then us why would i go there"

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                  What is it with everyone buying the media hype on the Lakers ?
                  I can't remember the last time they signed someone significant.
                  Shaq in 98' ? everyone else they trade for or drafted, yet every year "Sources say half the league wants to sign with the Lakers" Kevin love even said when he was with the Wolves "They're worst then us why would i go there"
                  Because they were able to sign marquee free agent Carlos Boozer!

It's just the media, which is based out of LA and NY, pushing their local teams. You're correct that the reality is far more bleak.

Comment

• Players love la. Even if it doesnt translate to basketball success. There is a reason that okafor and towns both are trying to go second to la. More endorsments and fame and history etc.

I dont think the cavs should look at it like, "we have to sign love to justify the wiggins trade" if he isnt the best for the team. They may be better off getting thompson back and then signing another good 3&d guy. Keep in mind, wiggins wouldnt look nearly as good on the cavs as he does on the timberwolves. Little room for error plus limited opportunity to produce.

Comment

I'm 95% certain LeBron's return was based on a handshake deal to acquire Love (or a similar third star). The fact that he excluded Wiggins from his announcement letter basically said it all. I think if Gilbert had reneged on that there would have been hell to pay. LeBron would have left after one season and probably told everyone in the league what went down, which would ruin Cleveland's credibility.

I mean it's a shame for Cleveland that they couldn't retain Wiggins, but the window for them is 100% right now. I'm also pretty sure Love is going to bounce back next season; Bosh had a tough first season adjusting to being a third wheel too, but eventually figured it out.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        Players love la. Even if it doesnt translate to basketball success. There is a reason that okafor and towns both are trying to go second to la. More endorsments and fame and history etc.

I dont think the cavs should look at it like, "we have to sign love to justify the wiggins trade" if he isnt the best for the team. They may be better off getting thompson back and then signing another good 3&d guy. Keep in mind, wiggins wouldnt look nearly as good on the cavs as he does on the timberwolves. Little room for error plus limited opportunity to produce.
                        Okafor and Towns don't want to go to Minnesota, the least desirable destination in the entire NBA. If you're going to play for a terrible team, being set up as the future franchise player in LA is much better than being set up as Wiggins sidekick in Minnesota. If LA can manage to sign any big time free agents then that shows players love LA. When shaq went there it was to play with Kobe (the star), the city itself doesn't have that kind of pull without the shot at titles attached.

Cleveland has no cap space whether they keep Love or not, so they're better off keeping love and Thompson as signing their own guys is all they can do since you're allowed to go over the cap to retain your own players. There is no good 3&D guy they could sign with the minimum exception. Retaining Love at all costs is the way to go, and trade him down the line if need be to bring in that 3&D guy or whatever Lebron wants.
                        Last edited by Primer; Thu May 28, 2015, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          Okafor and Towns don't want to go to Minnesota, the least desirable destination in the entire NBA. If you're going to play for a terrible team, being set up as the future franchise player in LA is much better than being set up as Wiggins sidekick in Minnesota. If LA can manage to sign any big time free agents
                          Gotta admit its far more desirable to be able to hit the beach after practice in LA rather than having to shovel your driveway in Minny. Not that these guys would actually shovel the driveway but you get the drift... Do think that Minny is going to be relevant faster than LA is going to be and that might be the reason that Okafor or Towns in the end won't mind all that much going there. They have some cap room and a couple of players in Pekovic and Rubio that they can trade (Pek) for younger players or they can resign Rubio to keep a top rate ballhandler and assist guy to feed whichever C gets selected and Wiggins.

Re LA: Kobe has a earned a solid reputation as being a bit.. well maybe a lot .. of dick to play with for younger players. He is going to be there for a while longer and that works into the decision making on free agency. We will find out in 45 days or so who LA can get to sign on as a free agent for the coming years because they haven't got much to trade with.

Money matters and winning matters.. if your drafted first overall the money is going to be the same for the 1st overall pick regardless whether your in Minny or LA . Just me but I think Minny is relevant faster than LA is going to be.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• No argument that it is more desirable to live in LA but I was wondering just how much it snows in Minnesota. The average yearly snowfall in Minneapolis is 45 inches, which is less than in Toronto (47 inches). Where I live, it's 87 inches annually.

Comment

Working...
                            X