Everything 2016 NBA All Star Game in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    They announced Tyrone Lue as the East ASG coach.
    Is David Blatt available to assist? Lol.

Comment

• If they wanted to do guys that make sense, I would've picked Marianas Trench.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Re: Sting being an old fart - Earth, Wind, & Fire did the halftime show just two years ago. The history of halftime acts for the NBA is a bit spotty - it's not the Superbowl, that's for sure. It's not even a major network event.

Sting is a weird pick, tho. I actually like the idea of featuring local talent each year.
        EW&F are at least fun . Sting is all slow jams. Apparently, the Grammys are the next day, so a lot of musicians are probably flying to that on Sunday. Sting might have been the only artist available. They'll have to pay serious funds to get someone the day before the grammys

Comment

• Dunk contest participants announced:
          • Zach Lavine
          • Andre Drummond
          • Will Barton
          • Aaron Gordon

Source: http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....ndre_drum.html

Andre Drummond???

Sucks that Wiggins doesn't want to do it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Dunk contest participants announced:
            • Zach Lavine
            • Andre Drummond
            • Will Barton
            • Aaron Gordon

Andre Drummond???

Sucks that derozan doesnt want to do it. Guess he figures he's "above all that"

He'll probably shoot jumpers with a wnba player and an old man
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

That's weird. Bosh said the Shooting Star was cancelled a month ago.

It's not listed on the Complete Schedule of Events: http://www.nba.com/news/2016-all-sta...ule/index.html

or shown on the dropdown menu on the website.

But if you google the event and 2016 specifically you find a link to this page ( http://www.nba.com/news/as.shooting....rs-event-page/ ) which was posted on Jan 15th saying it's the 1st event of the evening with the participants TBD. I haven't found a link to it on the main page but it may be there.

Is it just that unimportant and underwhelming that they don't feel the need to even announce it?
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                That's weird. Bosh said the Shooting Star was cancelled a month ago.

It's not listed on the Complete Schedule of Events: http://www.nba.com/news/2016-all-sta...ule/index.html

or shown on the dropdown menu on the website.

But if you google the event and 2016 specifically you find a link to this page ( http://www.nba.com/news/as.shooting....rs-event-page/ ) which was posted on Jan 15th saying it's the 1st event of the evening with the participants TBD. I haven't found a link to it on the main page but it may be there.

Is it just that unimportant and underwhelming that they don't feel the need to even announce it?
                Yeah 3 events? That's fucking lame. They should be trying to come up with new cool ideas not taking them away.

Also it's funny that they ask bosh about the shooting star...he was definitely the ambassador of that event lol

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Dunk contest participants announced:
                  • Zach Lavine
                  • Andre Drummond
                  • Will Barton
                  • Aaron Gordon

Andre Drummond???

Aaron Gordon is my prediction to take this. Dude can throw down.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                    Aaron Gordon is my prediction to take this. Dude can throw down.
                    Zach Lavine back-to-back.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I think he knows he can't beat Lavine

Comment

• Lowry. Bosh is a weird choice

+

Big men vs guards? That's interesting.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

It'll be an exciting battle for 2nd place
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Bosh is a very good 3 point shooter, plus you gotta have at least 1 big man in there (and especially Bosh since they took away his specialty contest in the shooting stars challenge).

I love the whole big man vs guards aspect of the skills challenge though, before it was just sorta boring in that no one really tried. Now I think (hope) everyone will give full effort since no guard wants to lose to a big man.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              It'll be an exciting battle for 2nd place
                              A lot of underdogs can win this thing if they get hot. Everybody wants to dismantle curry.

I hope lowry at least does average

Comment

• Also, in terms of the skills challenge, I'd like to point out that Patrick Beverley is the current champion and beat Isiah Thomas, Teague and Knight. Beverley is obviously not the most skilled player, it just comes down to who can perform on the night.

Comment

Working...
                                X