No announcement yet.

There has never been a better time to rebuild than right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It makes it even worse if neither big can pass. I know JV is not great at that or even passable yet. I'm not sure about Faried but I'm going to guess hell no.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Don't see why 2pat can't start at the 4. I know faried off the bench is an expensive bench player but I think it works better and is off set with a cheap starter.

Comment

• Really we don't have a top 5 player at any position. Consensus is keep JV because he's young and shows promise. Other than that, I see no point falling in love with any of our players if none are stars. I think trading them for top 10 picks is the way to go, I think that's a realistic trade scenario.

Comment

• IwishIwasZachLowe wrote: View Post
          Really we don't have a top 5 player at any position. Consensus is keep JV because he's young and shows promise. Other than that, I see no point falling in love with any of our players if none are stars. I think trading them for top 10 picks is the way to go, I think that's a realistic trade scenario.
          I'm sorry bro but Jonas is trash he'd be the second player I would trade (after Demar) he provides no rim protection and he is slow

Comment

• Was gonna post this in the trade section but it gets no action.

Ross, Patterson, 2nd rounder
            For
            Green, carter, 25th pick maybe.

WHY MEMPHIS DOES IT:
            they get shooters which they desperately need. A young 2 guard who can probably play great defence if he puts his mind to it. And a bench big who can shoot the three really well and is an all around team guy. And they rid themselves of Carter's contract, since he's like 40 next year.

WHY TORONTO DOES IT:
            they get a true 3 with length and shooting. A first so maybe they could trade up. And they get carter for a kinda vet presence. So we take a step back but also a huge step forward with green and another first.

It depends on gasol whough. If he stays this trade makes sense, but if not, they are probably looking to blow it up
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              Was gonna post this in the trade section but it gets no action.

Ross, Patterson, 2nd rounder
              For
              Green, carter, 25th pick maybe.

WHY MEMPHIS DOES IT:
              they get shooters which they desperately need. A young 2 guard who can probably play great defence if he puts his mind to it. And a bench big who can shoot the three really well and is an all around team guy. And they rid themselves of Carter's contract, since he's like 40 next year.

WHY TORONTO DOES IT:
              they get a true 3 with length and shooting. A first so maybe they could trade up. And they get carter for a kinda vet presence. So we take a step back but also a huge step forward with green and another first.

It depends on gasol whough. If he stays this trade makes sense, but if not, they are probably looking to blow it up
              I think MEM does it, but I'm not sure Masai would pull the trigger on that one.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                I think MEM does it, but I'm not sure Masai would pull the trigger on that one.
                Agreed. That's too much. Besides, Green would be just as frustrating as Ross.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  I do not understand the intrigue that still surrounds Jeff Green. Couldn't produce much despite every opportunity in Boston, and underperformed greatly when asked to play a supporting role in Memphis. What has he brought to his teams over the years that shows he can be a significant/important player moving forward?

With all that said, Green has a player option for next season at $9.2M which means he can't be traded until it is picked up. If it is I'm not comfortable paying him that much.
                  http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                    I do not understand the intrigue that still surrounds Jeff Green. Couldn't produce much despite every opportunity in Boston, and underperformed greatly when asked to play a supporting role in Memphis. What has he brought to his teams over the years that shows he can be a significant/important player moving forward?

With all that said, Green has a player option for next season at $9.2M which means he can't be traded until it is picked up. If it is I'm not comfortable paying him that much.
                    Green's days of potential are over.

He never really did live up to that potential.

Like most NBA players, he showed glimpses, but his consistency was never there.

I hate ragging on a guy like that who has overcome so much with his heart issues.

But the Green ship has sailed.

Memphis acquired him as a means to push them over the top.

The Raptors would be acquiring them to help them get to the top.

Like the Grizz, the outcome for the Raptors would be just as disappointing.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                      I think you guys are super overrating the roster. Ross's value right now is a late first round pick. And Patterson for green and carter is a steal IMO. Patterson is a bench big/fringe starter. Green is a proven starter and is paid as one.

I would do that trade In a heartbeat if it were on the table

Comment

I think you guys are super overrating the roster. Ross's value right now is a late first round pick. And Patterson for green and carter is a steal IMO. Patterson is a bench big/fringe starter. Green is a proven starter and is paid as one.

I think you're overrating Green.

Comment

How is that a steal? Carter is a horrible player at this stage of his career and Green has been a disappointment in Memphis.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            How is that a steal? Carter is a horrible player at this stage of his career and Green has been a disappointment in Memphis.
                            Still an upgrade at a position at a position that needs upgrading. I think Green is better than JJ and Ross.

However I still don't think he is a long term solution for the SF spot.
                            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Your getting a starter caliber player and a raptors legend that can still kinda play for a bench big. I don't know man, you tell me

Comment

• Jeff green is such a colangelo move, ask Memphis fans who they'd rather have and I'm pretty sure they would all choose jj

Comment

Working...
                                X