Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Best bet would've been to tank in a strong draft year
    My biggest fear is staying good but never being great and end up like the post VC era.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      If Kevin Garnett were to play in today's NBA he would be considered a headcase. NBA has changed a lot. And I don't really mind a competitive headcase. We are not talking abt someone who threatens players and coaches we are talking abt an uber competitive guy that hates loosing and shows that frustration on the court. Call it unprofessional/ immaturity.

You put cousins in this team and you will already see people talking about us giving the Cavs a run for their money.

And I don't put too much weight on the win total difference between 30 and 35-40. End of the day, they are both non playoff teams and Cousins have been playing in a crazy conference his entire career with bunch of Throw away pieces and 105 different coaches.
      Agreed. In fact you need your big men to have an edge and be a little crazy.
      He'll eventually get it right and big men don't peak until late, so whoever gets him when it finally clicks is gonna have a gem on their hands.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        That goes without saying. We could potentially miss out on a current window of opportunity while waiting for that guy to develop
        Well going into this series I was fairly certain that we have reached our ceiling on this 'window of opportunity' so I don't see how your statement applies.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          1. Philly - Simmons. This is a no brainer. Best player in the draft.
          2. LAL - Ingram. Again a no brainer.
          3. BOS - Bender. C's are loaded with guards. They need a 4 that can stretch the floor. This is an easy decision. I could also see them moving this pick.
          4. PHX - Poetl. PHX are loaded with guards. They need a big. I could see them reaching for Poetl here.
          5. Minnesota - Ellenson. They need a 4 that can stretch the floor.
          6. New Orleans - Murray. BPA. Steal of the draft.
          7. Denver - Jaylen Brown. Nuggets need a 2 guard.
          8. Sacramento - No idea. Maybe Dunn?
          9. Toronto - Chriss? Sabonis? Skal? Chriss would be my first choice.
          I like Chriss as well.
          I would be taking a long hard look at Skal though as well. I would want to see him in workouts and be really curious about how he does in interviews. If he grades out well in those two things I think his potential is to great to pass up.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Deyonta Davis? pass.
            This is however the exact pick I see Masai select, the unsexy pick with the right intangibles as opposed to Chriss who is more raw but has a far more upside.

Comment

• If Demar doesn't sign here, I want Valentine to pair with Powell, Joseph, Wright & Lowry. Ship Ross & 27th for a PF.

If DeMar signs, Chriss or Sabonis, maybe Ellenson or even Bender if he slips due to him being raw.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                This is however the exact pick I see Masai select, the unsexy pick with the right intangibles as opposed to Chriss who is more raw but has a far more upside.
                Maybe far more offensive upside. Davis is and will be the better defender.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Katherynne73 wrote: View Post
                  If Demar doesn't sign here, I want Valentine to pair with Powell, Joseph, Wright & Lowry. Ship Ross & 27th for a PF.

If DeMar signs, Chriss or Sabonis, maybe Ellenson or even Bender if he slips due to him being raw.
                  We have to draft before Demar signs.

Comment

• I really think we go Ellenson if hes on the board.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Draft Express Mock draft has Deyonta Davis (PF/Mich.) slated for the Raps @ 9. He is a freshman and raw but the stuff on him is quite complimentary...size, motor, rebounding and body growth as well as ceiling. Seems like an unsexy pick which I am good with. Haven't noticed him as being discussed by the GMs here though....any comment on the new DD?
                      Ive been high on Davis in this thread.

He has the ability to guard a Draymond Green type yet is a massive threat on the roll. In a league where the Pick N Pop is being overused/popular, if we roll out two deadly targets (JV + Davis) for the roll, we will gain a massive advantage over other teams.

Skal has been intriguing but I think Davis is the guy who fits the Raptors and has the most potential to produce wins in the NBA, even if he isnt as flashy

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                        I really think we go Ellenson if hes on the board.
                        There is nothing about Ellensons game that says he will be a well rounded NBA player.

It is very important ti have players who are capable of doing multiple things while playing defense.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          There is nothing about Ellensons game that says he will be a well rounded NBA player.

It is very important ti have players who are capable of doing multiple things while playing defense.
                          Couldn't agree more. Everything about Ellenson to me says defensive liability

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Yes but those players rarely exist all in one. and if you potentially looking at (best case scenario) a "Kevin Love" clone in Ellenson, a player with high BBIQ (bring your own beer) and a stretch four that can shoot anywhere from the floor (especially 3 pointer)and also rebounds well but his defense is under par, well then you just have to find other players that can compensate for that minus without totally dismissing him and throwing the baby with the bath water.

Comment

• I don't want anything to do with ellenson tbh. Don't want a slow defensive liability. Skal or Chriss. If we make a trade for a 4 then we draft jaylen brown.

Comment

• He reminds me of KLove. At 9, you aren't really gonna get an all-star. I'd rather draft Chriss, but I think MU goes Ellenson (if hes available) or Skal.

Comment

Working...
                                X