Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    I think it was DraftExp. who had Juan's Spanish league stats second only to (not by much) Rudi Fernandez. I think it was position. He is also a mentally tough player. AT 27 this is good enough for me. I think he a stashable candidate as well.
    sounds good to me! i seriously doubt MU even uses that pick though.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm wondering if 9, 27 and Ross don't get packaged either in a trade for a star PF or an opportunity to move up and get a guy like Bender or even Murray.

Comment

• I think NOLA would bite on a Ross+9 for their 6. NOLA needs to win now and Ross gives them a shooter.. something they'd need with Anderson leaving in free agency.

The only other team that might trade for Ross is Sacramento, but they're already at 8.

Comment

• i don't know why NOLA would trade down to 9 for Ross when they can take Hield there at 6 and be better for it

like, i like Ross more than most people here, but even i don't think one of these crappy teams is going to jump at 9 and Ross

JV or Lowry, maybe. but not Ross.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I think NOLA would bite on a Ross+9 for their 6. NOLA needs to win now and Ross gives them a shooter.. something they'd need with Anderson leaving in free agency.

The only other team that might trade for Ross is Sacramento, but they're already at 8.
            If Murray or Bender are there at 6, I'd give up Ross, 9, 27 and LAC pick to get there and take them.

If neither are there, I probably sit at 9 and take one of Chriss or Davis, then try to package Ross+27 for futures.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              If Murray or Bender are there at 6, I'd give up Ross, 9, 27 and LAC pick to get there and take them.

If neither are there, I probably sit at 9 and take one of Chriss or Davis, then try to package Ross+27 for futures.
              ya other benefit there is u then have the space to re-sign Biyombo as long as things don't get too crazy in free agency for him.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                ya other benefit there is u then have the space to re-sign Biyombo as long as things don't get too crazy in free agency for him.
                Exactly.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• i don't really get the love for Bender at all. i'd take Davis or Chriss over him.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    he struggles to create off the bounce, had the most success shooting off screens and spotting up. he needs his feet set.

he could absolutely be a starting SF down the line, as a 3 and D guy. his best comp is probably Demarre.
                    Meh agree to disagree. I think he has a lot of potential as a playmaker, especially int the pnr

Comment

• How about Malachi Richardson at 27? We could use a guy like this (courtesy DX)

His game is built heavily around taking and making contested shots, and he can be quite a ball-stopper at times, overdribbling and freezing out his teammates frequently, not really reacting to the defense, and deciding what shot he wants to take before he starts his move. This is a tough way of making a living, but when those contested jump-shots are falling, it can be extremely impressive. The problem is when they don't, he can shoot his team right out of games. The hope is he can learn how to better utilize his talent and figure out how to take advantage of his terrific scoring instincts in a more structured role under the tutelage of a strong NBA coaching staff.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Davis has the potential to be a defensive forces just like Biz but, has upside be a good offensive player too. I think Casey will be pushing for Davis.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Man.. a lot of NBA "analysts" on twitter are throwing max at Biyombo and putting him on the same sentence with Whiteside and Dwight. It gives me the feeling Biz already played himself out of our budget.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            i don't really get the love for Bender at all. i'd take Davis or Chriss over him.
                            http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-c...ck/2016/05/23/

haha. It's the Porzingis effect.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                              Man.. a lot of NBA "analysts" on twitter are throwing max at Biyombo and putting him on the same sentence with Whiteside and Dwight. It gives me the feeling Biz already played himself out of our budget.
                              I think he has, if you take JV and Biz as one then you'd basically be paying $30M+ for the C position. That's too, too much. Plus you'd have to convince him to continue being a backup. Can't see any scenario where he comes back other than if we trade JV (let's hope not).

Between Bebe and some $4M a year old backup C we'll be fine for that position though, especially if we can find/draft a good defensive PF.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                                I think he has, if you take JV and Biz as one then you'd basically be paying $30M+ for the C position. That's too, too much. Plus you'd have to convince him to continue being a backup. Can't see any scenario where he comes back other than if we trade JV (let's hope not).

Between Bebe and some $4M a year old backup C we'll be fine for that position though, especially if we can find/draft a good defensive PF.
                                Would like to hear the reasoning on why 30M on the C position is too, too much in a 100M cap. Sure, ideally it's closer to 25M, but we're hardly out of the realm of expected cost for the position.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X