X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Hence Murray.
    It's okay DanH, Ceez just wants us to draft Kobe Bryant with the 9th pick
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      It's okay DanH, Ceez just wants us to draft Kobe Bryant with the 9th pick
      no i want Deyonta Davis. Kobe retired this year, silly.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Is it weird? The more I see Skal drop, the more I think he'll reach his potential.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Is it weird? The more I see Skal drop, the more I think he'll reach his potential.
          Not at all.

The lower a pick would be; the less pressure there is in terms of whether it'll be a good pick or not.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            Not at all.

The lower a pick would be; the less pressure there is in terms of whether it'll be a good pick or not.
            And, in theory, the better the organization to go to in terms of developing good habits and playing within a structure rather than being stuck on a team where the minutes flow freely but the culture and accountability is shot. In theory.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If they do want a guy like Ross, and I don't think they do, but if they do, I'd be looking to trade up to them, not down.

My target for a trade up into the middle of the draft is the Grizzlies. I really think they could use a guy like Ross, and I'd do a Ross+27+LAC for 17 trade to grab Sabonis.
              ...I really really like this prospect. If we can walk out of this draft with Murray and Sabonis; it really does allow for some nice options later.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• If Suns draft Bender and Deyonta Davis. One of them for sure will be bust.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

If you are going to take Sabonis, it is almost definitely a better idea to trade down and grab extra assets.

But I'd be looking to trade Ross/27/LAC to move up to a mid-first to take Sabonis rather than trying to move down. Need to shoot for the moon with probably the last top 10 pick we'll have for a long time.
                  I like it but I don't think he'll be still on the board then.

Comment

I hope your high hopes don't extend above the 15th pick in the draft sometime in the next few years or a couple second rounders, or I have bad news for you.
                    no. our pick this year is 27 and our pick next year is probably around the same. clips are 26 this year but I'm betting they slip more than we do. a lot could change with the clips this summer and even if they stay the same i think there will be growth in the west, combined with the locker room stuff for the clips. clips will make the playoffs but the pick will be a lot better than 26/27. also the draft next year will be better so a player at 17th pick this year (Sabonis) might go in the 20's next year. our 27th this year isnt worth much, our pick next year worth a little more and the LAC pick even more.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I think if Sabonis is gone earlier than that; one of at least Davis and Skal are still on the board (given positions).

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        You think Sabonis goes before 15-17?

The NBA consensus mock draft aggregate has him outside the lotto. Of the 12 mocks they look at, Sporting News has him at 14th, NBADraft has him at 9, NetScouts has him at 9, BR has him at 9, and the other 8 have him outside the lottery.

I think it's possible he goes earlier than mid-first but I don't think it's likely.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Murray/Sabonis Cap SPACE is the ultimate draft day outcome for us
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            I get your point. But teams move down to collect extra assets more often than I think you realize. For example, Chicago used their 15 & 19 pick from a couple of years ago to move up to 10th to draft Doug McDermott. Denver wanted more assets cuz they were rebuilding and Chicago didn't want too many rookies cuz they were contending. They were very high on McDermott and thought the Suns were really high on him and didn't want to take the chance of him falling to them.

If teams fall in love with that one guy and he seems to be a pick or two out of their slot they would want to use up their extra assets to move up. It just comes down to what kinds of scenarios are being presented.
                            I should have been clearer: my initial general comment was more in response to the idea of moving down to grab a specific guy. Yeah, I'm sure Toronto could find plenty of teams who want to move up but if they want to get a specific guy out of it (i.e. Sabonis) then the equation becomes far more complicated and to a degree I don't think you can rely on it in making decisions. You go from a pool of 29 other teams to a pool of 4-5 teams. That makes it much more difficult.

Comment

• I'll probably be ok with Sabonis if he drops to 27.

Comment

You think Sabonis goes before 15-17?

The NBA consensus mock draft aggregate has him outside the lotto. Of the 12 mocks they look at, Sporting News has him at 14th, NBADraft has him at 9, NetScouts has him at 9, BR has him at 9, and the other 8 have him outside the lottery.

I think it's possible he goes earlier than mid-first but I don't think it's likely.
                                I don't care what the consensus is. They get it wrong and dude has game. I see him going before 17. He's a steal at 17.

Comment

Working...
                                X