Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
    Might as well swing for the fences instead of drafting a role player
    We're in the lottery, a lot of above average starters have been drafted at 9th, I think we'll be fine, no need to swing for the fences.

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
      Call this reactive, but... after seeing Warriors just decimating the Cavs, I don't really like us using the picks as assets to land us a Paul Millsap. If the move isn't for a Durant, it's not worth making. Maybe I'm underestimating the resulting team chemistry, but if we add a guy like Millsap or Al Horford, we at most manage to get on Cavaliers' level. That's nice, a fighting chance for an ECF win, and anything can happen then. But man... We still, most likely, come up way short against Warriors if logic dictates the most likely scenario. I'm not saying blow it up. But I definitely do not see a pressing need to trade picks. If we managed to land a mid-first rounder moving up with Ross as DanH suggested, while keeping #9... I like that. Cap space and talented rookies who may become more in time. Now that would be a possible recipe to get closer to a title in a title scene that contains an historic team and probably perennial contender for years to come.
      Yeah I mean I think ECF is realistically the peak of the team, and thats fine. I don't really like the idea of over reacting to one year to give up assets which help a few years from now. I don't expect that to happen, considering we got swept last year and the core came back, but with DD a free agent and KL next year it seems more likely to give up more future pieces.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
        Gonzaga and Kentucky did not play this past season but did share a common opponent in Tennessee. Sabonis scored his career high 36 plus 16 rebounds against the Vols while UK played Tennessee twice and Skal had 2 points and 2 rebounds in the first game and 4 points and 4 boards in the second game.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...meId=400830686
        http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...meId=400830428
        http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...meId=400830459
        Was at the Tennesse/Gonzaga game and I came away incredibly impressed with Sabonis. Not only did he have it going the whole game, from either block, out to the midrange, but also he had so much energy. After plays he was so into the game, and was totally HYPED, which reminds me a lot of Biz or JV when they are on. I also think he will develop into a good passer, cause he clearly had good vision, but passing is a bit harder in college, with less spacing and overall worse team mates than in the NBA.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• if you guys wanna see Thon Maker. He's number 27
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I could definitely see us trading up in the draft if there is someone there Masai really likes. But it would have to be someone MU really likes the way Pop wanted Leonard and gave up Hill for him.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

if you guys wanna see Thon Maker. He's number 27
                Not impressed. He gets pushed around far too easy on both ends. His jump shot is inconsistent. Handles are pretty loose. He even misses an open layup and dunk attempt in a simple drill. A complete non-factor in the 3-on-3 setting. I feel like he's going to drop completely out of the 1st round if he keeps doing workouts for teams.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Draftexpress moved Ellenson back up, ahead of Skal for now. Chad Ford with Ellenson at #9 (as of 3 days ago).
                  This is now reaching "let's analyze the Eastern conference standings daily for 4 straight months" levels of silliness.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• But Chad Ford's accuracy is... Uncanny.

Comment

• I remember Chad Ford's articles in early 2000s when he wasn't a draft-only guy, really good writer, passionate. Back then, if he liked a player, he wrote passionate articles and wasn't afraid to get it wrong.

His articles about Jasikevicius for example come to mind, very wrong, and very passionate.

Kind of stupid and a waste that Ford became a draft writer who goes back to change his predictions.
                      Last edited by BobLoblaw; Wed Jun 8, 2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• This Draft is such a crapshot

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          This Draft is such a crapshot

Interesting that he specifically mentioned no.9.

It's about Taurean Prince btw.

I like him.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                            Interesting that he specifically mentioned no.9.

It's about Taurean Prince btw.

I like him.
                            I know its about Taurean Prince. I'm a fan too. Masai did say he wanted to get a back up 3. Prince will fit that role pretty well.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• General managers and NBA scouts alike travel the world looking for long, athletic wings who can shoot and defend. The value of the “3 and D” wing has skyrocketed in recent years, and although he may not be a knockdown shooter or an elite NBA athlete, Taurean Prince most certainly has the tools to fill that role. The Baylor small forward passed the eye test at Nike Academy, measuring 6' 7.5” with a 6' 11” wingspan and a frame that can easily carry at least 10-15 more pounds. His physical profile is ideal for an NBA wing, and Prince has the defensive prowess and potential as a shooter to rise up draft boards sooner rather than later.

One of the youngest soon-to-be-seniors in the country (he'll still be 21 when the 2016 NBA Draft rolls around), Prince has flown somewhat under the radar through three years despite scoring over 18 points per 40 pace adjusted and grabbing over 8.0 rebounds per 40 pace adjusted ever year he's been at Baylor.

Prince stood out at Nike Academy thanks to his defensive toughness, rebounding and shot making ability. Prince is a gritty defender who takes on the challenge of defending multiple positions, using his quickness to stay in front and his length to contest. Although it was in a camp setting, the San Antonio, TX native locked down DeMar Derozan on multiple occasions, and rarely got scored by the rest of the perimeter players throughout the course of the camp.

Prince crashes the glass, plays with toughness and does a little bit of everything on both ends. His jumper has a bit of movement at the top and isn't in the knockdown category quite yet, but he's nevertheless a very good spot up shooter who is comfortable pulling the trigger with a hand in his face (1.34 PPP when “guarded” which is in the 94th percentile according to Synergy Sports Technology) and gets great rotation on the ball. Prince also knocked down a couple of pull up jumpers, which gives him some hope in an area where he really struggled last year.

Prince isn't much of a shot creator, but he's able to use his size and strides to attack in a straight line and his length to finish around the rim. He's more quick than he is vertically explosive, but Prince certainly has enough juice to finish above the rim and he does a nice job of attacking the body of the weak side defender ot get to the line.

Prince does, however, have room to improve as a passer and decision maker – very important qualities for a 3 and D, role player type of wing. Prince showed some flashes as a playmaker by driving and kicking or dropping it off to the big, but he also struggles executing the simple play at times and isn't immune to making a wild pass in traffic. Improving his overall feel and becoming a more consistent jump shooter are two of the biggest keys for Prince's development.

But even with his current skill set combined with his physical tools (and the fact that he hasn't even turned 21 yet) he most definitely has enough intrigue to slide into the draft conversation in time.
                              http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Prince-65231/

Perfect replacement for Terrence Ross
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                I know its about Taurean Prince. I'm a fan too. Masai did say he wanted to get a back up 3. Prince will fit that role pretty well.
                                Well I guessed you knew. I said it so people would know.

Comment

Working...
                                X