Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball4life wrote: View Post
    Skal and Jaylen Brown working for the Lakers.

It's gotta be a deal to trade down, they are not seriously thinking of using the second pick on those guys right? rightt??? 9th+27th+Ross and Amber Rose for 2nd overall?
    amber rose not with Ross no more.. so no way LA making that deal

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
      amber rose not with Ross no more.. so no way LA making that deal
      Damn what a shocker I thought that was that forever and ever till were old and grey type of love
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        Skal and Jaylen Brown working for the Lakers.

It's gotta be a deal to trade down, they are not seriously thinking of using the second pick on those guys right? rightt??? 9th+27th+Ross and Amber Rose for 2nd overall?
        My hunch is that they are looking for more picks not necessarily trading their pick.
        But hey, what in the world can they possibly trade?
        All they have is their picks and 6 players under contract next year (Lou Williams, Nick Young, Larry Nance, Anthony Brown, Julius Randle and D'Angelo Russell).
        They are screwed.
        So maybe 9 and 27 and some of our other semi-desirable pieces might just be attractive???

Comment

• myklk wrote: View Post
          My hunch is that they are looking for more picks not necessarily trading their pick.
          All they have is their picks and 6 players under contract next year (Lou Williams, Nick Young, Larry Nance, Anthony Brown, Julius Randle and D'Angelo Russell).
          They are screwed.
          So maybe 9 and 27 and some of our other semi-desirable pieces might just be attractive???
          I hope MU can pull something off knowing there's big competition out there, all of Boston Denver Phoenix have a wealth of multiple first round picks along with assets fillers to offer for the wright price.

Comment

• myklk wrote: View Post
            They are screwed.
            Not a chance. The Lakers will never have trouble attracting mid-tier guys because they're the Lakers. They can always sign a few vets who want to play in the sunshine. What the Lakers want is a star, and they're not going to trade the #2 pick - which gets them their star, more likely than not - for non-star players.

Maybe they'd do it for Kevin Love. But that's about it.

Comment

• Korkmaz was very open discussing his current shortcomings as a prospect. “My weakness is defense,” he told The Vertical. “It is hard in the Euroleague. Everyone is quick. Everybody is fast. Sometimes it is hard to guard them. Maybe that is the reason [for my inconsistent playing time].”
              http://sports.yahoo.com/news/europea...195232103.html

does he know where he's going?
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Oh boy. If Euro guys are to quick for him wait till he gets to the NBA.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Man you guys were making a big fuss about Davis not speaking much in his interviews lol. You really can say too much (when there's no reason to) and hurt your own stock. I mean you've got Valentine calling himself Vasquez and now Furkan admitting he's shitty on D. Honesty is not the best policy pre-draft.

Comment

• Used to follow the draft religiously, but Raps draft-day disappointments have taken their toll. As such, havent looked at 16 crop much, but Sabonis looks like a Scola/Hansbrough mix so hed at least fit our system. Prince looks decent as well. In general I prefer drafting for upside and thats often found in the Freshmen. This seems like a crappy draft.

Comment

• Radojevic wrote: View Post
                      Used to follow the draft religiously, but Raps draft-day disappointments have taken their toll. As such, havent looked at 16 crop much, but Sabonis looks like a Scola/Hansbrough mix so hed at least fit our system. Prince looks decent as well. In general I prefer drafting for upside and thats often found in the Freshmen. This seems like a crappy draft.
                      Yeah this draft is much weaker compared to last year
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        Thnx. Doesn't seem like we have room for him so why keep him?
                        Room for him how? In terms of cap room? We have his early bird rights, so we can go over the cap to sign him.

In terms of the roster, that can change very quickly. Right now we have a lot of guard depth, but what happens when you have a deal for a PF on the table that has Ross and Wright outgoing? Might be nice to have a ball handler and playmaker to bring in at that point. In the meantime, it costs you nothing to hold onto his rights if you are operating over the cap anyway.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This draft class is a duplicate of the 2011 draft class. Bet one of the best players in 5 years will be a late lottery, mid teen pick.

Comment

Yeah this draft is much weaker compared to last year
                            Yeah no shit lol it was one of the best drafts easily in the last 5 years and maybe even decade....

KAT
                            Porz
                            Okafor
                            Russell
                            Mudiay
                            Turner
                            Booker
                            Lyles
                            Winslow
                            Hezonja
                            Powell
                            Johnson
                            WCS

BUT you and none of us have any clue how good or bad this draft was/is until this time next year. Wiggins draft was supposed to be some so called "super draft" yet last year's was easily better imo. KAT is better than ANY ONE that came out it and I would take last year's top 5 over theirs.

Even with that said people called the draft Kyrie came out of a one trick pony....same draft that produced Klay Thompshon, Kawhi Leonard and even our own Valanciunas and Biyombo and that was a relatively awful draft.

This draft has 2 bonafide stars on the way in Ingram and Simmons (many drafts don't have one player at their level)
                            Murray, Hield or Bender all have the potential to be multiple time all-stars
                            Then you have a grocery list worth of players that all have the upside to be all-stars to if not at minimum good role players

Literally if there was another 3-4 names that ended up as all-stars in their career, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. This draft actually looks like it can turn out to be a very deep draft not like last year's where you literally have 8+ kids that could all be all-stars but that you could have a dozen or so players that all have a fairly significant impact on the rosters they join and be really high level role players like a Biz, JV etc. Considering the fairly high potential in the top 6-8 I don't know what the heck more you can ask for, calling weak is just silly.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              Yeah no shit lol it was one of the best drafts easily in the last 5 years and maybe even decade....

KAT
                              Porz
                              Okafor
                              Russell
                              Mudiay
                              Turner
                              Booker
                              Lyles
                              Winslow
                              Hezonja
                              Powell
                              Johnson
                              WCS

BUT you and none of us have any clue how good or bad this draft was/is until this time next year. Wiggins draft was supposed to be some so called "super draft" yet last year's was easily better imo. KAT is better than ANY ONE that came out it and I would take last year's top 5 over theirs.

Even with that said people called the draft Kyrie came out of a one trick pony....same draft that produced Klay Thompshon, Kawhi Leonard and even our own Valanciunas and Biyombo and that was a relatively awful draft.

This draft has 2 bonafide stars on the way in Ingram and Simmons (many drafts don't have one player at their level)
                              Murray, Hield or Bender all have the potential to be multiple time all-stars
                              Then you have a grocery list worth of players that all have the upside to be all-stars to if not at minimum good role players

Literally if there was another 3-4 names that ended up as all-stars in their career, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. This draft actually looks like it can turn out to be a very deep draft not like last year's where you literally have 8+ kids that could all be all-stars but that you could have a dozen or so players that all have a fairly significant impact on the rosters they join and be really high level role players like a Biz, JV etc. Considering the fairly high potential in the top 6-8 I don't know what the heck more you can ask for, calling weak is just silly.
                              Yeah last year's draft was supposedly weak. Nobody knows shit except an educated guess until they start playing nba games. And I mean nobody.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Room for him how? In terms of cap room? We have his early bird rights, so we can go over the cap to sign him.

In terms of the roster, that can change very quickly. Right now we have a lot of guard depth, but what happens when you have a deal for a PF on the table that has Ross and Wright outgoing? Might be nice to have a ball handler and playmaker to bring in at that point. In the meantime, it costs you nothing to hold onto his rights if you are operating over the cap anyway.
                                That makes sense, thnx again

Comment

Working...
                                X