Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Hope teh Lakers win the lottery. Don't want Simmons in our division.
    Hope Knicks win the lottery and Denver wins #2. Why would we hope for anything else?

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      Hope Knicks win the lottery and Denver wins #2. Why would we hope for anything else?
      hahaha.

Comment

• Do you guys think that any of the top guys would be worth making a big move for? Aside from Simmons, is anyone worth say, trading JV and a pick for? Ingram to me is the only other one with star potential, but its early and I don't know much.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          Do you guys think that any of the top guys would be worth making a big move for? Aside from Simmons, is anyone worth say, trading JV and a pick for? Ingram to me is the only other one with star potential, but its early and I don't know much.

until the picks are locked in we would be trading for a chance at them and with the knicks/nuggets pick we already have our chance. i doubt once slots are allocated that number 1 would make a trade and i don't see any superstar potential beside simmons, if he learns to shoot, in this draft. i see a couple nice bigs and wings but i like JV.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            until the picks are locked in we would be trading for a chance at them and with the knicks/nuggets pick we already have our chance. i doubt once slots are allocated that number 1 would make a trade and i don't see any superstar potential beside simmons, if he learns to shoot, in this draft. i see a couple nice bigs and wings but i like JV.
            It could be a pretty mediocre draft. Knicks pick too low to get a really good prospect and too few great prospects to move up for. Hopefully a few more college guys emerge soon

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              It could be a pretty mediocre draft. Knicks pick too low to get a really good prospect and too few great prospects to move up for. Hopefully a few more college guys emerge soon
              i think it has been said but a top 10 pick would be great and a top 5 magical. i think if masai feels he can't get murray he will package the pick. i think with the d-league team now 2nd rounders are more valuable to us than 20-30s because of the guaranteed money and roster spot. 2nd rounders can play and develop in the d-league without penalty.

Comment

• Looking back on 2011 draft. Was Kenneth Faried the right pick by Masai?

24. Reggie Jackson
                29. Cory Joseph
                30. Jimmy Butler
                38. Chandler Parsons.

I'm kind of nervous about Masai's drafting.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• http://www.nba.com/draft/2011/

meh. lots of picks all over the place there in hindsight

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Looking back on 2011 draft. Was Kenneth Faried the right pick by Masai?

24. Reggie Jackson
                    29. Cory Joseph
                    30. Jimmy Butler
                    38. Chandler Parsons.

Well obviously when you look at it now Faried wasn't the best pick, especially over Butler, but remember Leonard was picked 15th. 14 teams passed on him. By no means was Faried a bad pick, especially at 22.

Looking at that link and I laughed where it says Derrick Williams could be the most NBA ready player in the draft lol.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Looking back on 2011 draft. Was Kenneth Faried the right pick by Masai?

24. Reggie Jackson
                      29. Cory Joseph
                      30. Jimmy Butler
                      38. Chandler Parsons.

Faried was drafted #22. He is 4th in WS and 7th in VORP in his draft class.

Also, Faried has been worth more every year than both Joseph and Jackson.

Edit Kawhi and Butler are #1 and #2 in WS from that draft. #3 is Isaiah Thomas who was pick #60.
                      Last edited by 3inthekeon; Fri Dec 25, 2015, 01:54 AM.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Quincy Miller who Masai drafted in the 2nd round a few years back has turned into a superstar in Europe, wonder if anyone will give him a chance in the NBA again.

Evan Fournier's been great for Orlando this year. Cooled off since his hot start but still getting 14-3-3 on 56 TS% with a +5 netRTG and .125 WS/48 on 20% usage. Not bad at all for a 20th pick

Ujiri also was desperately trying to trade into the 2013 draft for Giannis, who ended up being the best player in the class so far by far.

I think he has a great eye for talent in the draft, just want to see what he can do with a top 10 pick now.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of his drafting to be honest.

Last year's draft(2014) was one of the deepest in years. He took Bruno 20th overall a guy that i doubt would ever play meaningful mins in the NBA. Now look at all the players that he passed up on:

McGary
                          Hood
                          Capela
                          Hairston
                          Kyle Anderson
                          Grant
                          Jokic
                          Clarkson
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            I'm not a fan of his drafting to be honest.

Last year's draft(2014) was one of the deepest in years. He took Bruno 20th overall a guy that i doubt would ever play meaningful mins in the NBA. Now look at all the players that he passed up on:

McGary
                            Hood
                            Capela
                            Hairston
                            Kyle Anderson
                            Grant
                            Jokic
                            Clarkson
                            It's a long game with Bruno, verdict is still out on him. Gotta remember he just recently turned 20.

McGary, Hood, Clarkson and Hairston are 23. Kyle Anderson is 22.

Jerami Grant isn't doing much of anything in the NBA and he's on Philly that's why he gets PT. The only guy you could really call a miss here is Capela. Clarkson and Jokic were drafted more than 20 picks after Bruno.

This grass is greener attitude towards everything is getting kind of frustrating. Give Bruno some time to develop, he was meant to be a long-term project. It's not like the guys you listed have star potential or something (except maybe Capela).

NBA fans really don't have much patience for prospects I've noticed. A lot of people want to throw away Jonas even though the guy demonstrated starting center capabilities as early as like 21. My first sport was soccer where you can wait years for a highly touted guy to even get out of academy.
                            Last edited by JWash; Fri Dec 25, 2015, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• I like Henry Ellenson. Draftexpress lists him at #8. Maybe we can trade up for him.

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                                I like Henry Ellenson. Draftexpress lists him at #8. Maybe we can trade up for him.
                                I like him a lot.

Ivan Rabb too.

I wonder about Ellenson playing D and athleticism at next level.

With Rabb I am concerned about strength and running style (not as bad as Turner last season but he is awkward running - shirt strides).

Comment

Working...
                                X