No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least his shot mechanics are pretty decent. Far better than Demar's.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Why would we want a JV clone, especially at 9-15 in this draft? Maybe because a JV clone would be tremendous value? IF (and yeah a big if) Poeltl becomes as good as JV, he's probably the steal of the draft.

Fuck need, if there is a player clearly in a tier higher than everyone else, you pick him.
      Yep, if we do get Polllt at 9, it means that we clearly saw him as a significantly bigger talent than anyone else there.

I don't see it, but got to give benefit of the doubt in that case.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        At least his shot mechanics are pretty decent. Far better than Demar's.
        He also played alongside 2 seven footers at cal I believe, which really constricts an already small court. JB seems like a college four but had to play alongside two bigs. Id gamble on a guy that can realistically play three positions, with not a broken shooting stroke.

Comment

• As i said earlier in this thread, if you can get a "JV" at 9, you take it and run.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            Yep, if we do get Polllt at 9, it means that we clearly saw him as a significantly bigger talent than anyone else there.

We get pretty caught up in this stuff pretty good.. ... but in the cold light of day on Friday morning... whomever we get with that 9th pick isn't going to contribute in a material way for a couple of years.. Its concievable they get less than 300 minutes total next year.

I am in the camp of the future is now so I hope there is a trade for the 9th pick for an upgrade over what we had at the end of the year at the PF spot. Can live with a tag team of Ppat and Player X.

I also hope that the Spanish kid Hernangomez is still on the board at 27. We can either stash him for a year or hedge our bets up front with another big wing who can play the 3 or 4.

9 or 10 hours till the Raps pick or trade is in..
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              We get pretty caught up in this stuff pretty good.. ... but in the cold light of day on Friday morning... whomever we get with that 9th pick isn't going to contribute in a material way for a couple of years.. Its concievable they get less than 300 minutes total next year.

I am in the camp of the future is now so I hope there is a trade for the 9th pick for an upgrade over what we had at the end of the year at the PF spot. Can live with a tag team of Ppat and Player X.

I also hope that the Spanish kid Hernangomez is still on the board at 27. We can either stash him for a year or hedge our bets up front with another big wing who can play the 3 or 4.

Is the draft that late?

Comment

• PS I agree the pick not playing/starting. A few of these guys could be in the rotation though - Poeltl, Sabonis...

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Is the draft that late?
                  I believe the broadcast starts at 8pm. Who knows when the 1st pick is actually announced though.

Comment

• What I think Masai will do: Davis

What I hope he does: 1. Try like hell to get Murray. 2. If Sacremento pick Sabonis and Brown Drops to 9 - take him. 3. Draft Davis.

(I'm really torn between wanting Sabonis or Davis - but I think Davis might have higher upside, and I think his D and shot blocking would enable Casey to give him minutes. That PT will enable him to improve quicker)

For what it's worth... NBATV were very high on Davis' athleticism, NBA body, defence and upside too.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      http://www.theplayerstribune.com/201...t-draft-class/

Basically, Kobe could've been a Raptor

#WhatCould'veBeen
                      No he couldn't have, I don't know why people completely omit the fact that Kobe basically said he wanted only the Lakers to take him and that's why Charlotte made the trade. Lots of teams wanted Kobe, 18-year old Kobe didn't want them.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post

Not necessarily. He's one of the better trade chips that would be available for after July 1.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

300 minutes? If Masai gets a guard I imagine they'll have trouble cracking the rotation. But a 3-4-5 is another story. Look at Jason Thompson, he wasn't in town that long but he ended up with 292 minutes. Even Powell got more than 2.5x that amount and the last few Raptors top 10 picks (though you can't really base anything on this) got 3x to 5x as many minutes in their rookie season. Not saying they'll just give a player minutes without earning them, but if a player is drafted at 9 I imagine he'll be ready to contribute in a more than immaterial way.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            http://www.theplayerstribune.com/201...t-draft-class/

Basically, Kobe could've been a Raptor

#WhatCould'veBeen
                            Who cares. We already have Kobe on our team
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              Not necessarily. He's one of the better trade chips that would be available for after July 1.
                              Kinda the same thing. Talent usually equates to trade value.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                                What I think Masai will do: Davis

What I hope he does: 1. Try like hell to get Murray. 2. If Sacremento pick Sabonis and Brown Drops to 9 - take him. 3. Draft Davis.

(I'm really torn between wanting Sabonis or Davis - but I think Davis might have higher upside, and I think his D and shot blocking would enable Casey to give him minutes. That PT will enable him to improve quicker)

For what it's worth... NBATV were very high on Davis' athleticism, NBA body, defence and upside too.
                                This is exactly how I feel. But the drop off from option 1 to 2 is huge. 2-3 not so far apart.

Comment

Working...
                                X