Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Woke up still hating the draft

MU better have some trades/FA signings up his sleeve cause the east just got better and we did not.
    Danm u just woke up and im still awake lol

student life during the summer
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Playing the 4 in today's NBA means you have to guard guys like Lebron, Paul George, KD, Draymond, Melo, etc.... If JP can do THAT, then it's a brilliant pick. Otherwise one of JV or JP (or both) are on the bench when other teams to their versions of the death lineup.
      I listen to a interview with Theo Ratliff on Wednesday he said when you play small ball your going to give up just as much points inside as your getting outside because there is no rim protection and Cleveland winning the finals proves that's still true. Casey doesn't think "oh there going to play small ball ok let me make them pay. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
        I listen to a interview with Theo Ratliff on Wednesday he said when you play small ball your going to give up just as much points inside as your getting outside because there is no rim protection and Cleveland winning the finals proves that's still true. Casey doesn't think "oh there going to play small ball ok let me make them pay. "
        How does Cleveland winning prove that, they also had no rim protection?

It all comes down to Poeltl ability to defend the PF. If he can do that, then it's a fine pick. Will be interesting to see him in training camp and summer league.

With Poeltl being a traditional back to the basket scorer, I wonder if that really signals the Raps belief in JV extending that range out to the arc.

The Pascal pick is a bit odd. Very raw 22 year old - an age when most prospects are more refined. Considering the talent available at 27, this pick concerns me more than Poeltl.

Wild draft overall. Might need to Irish my coffee this morning.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          haha

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            How does Cleveland winning prove that, they also had no rim protection?

It all comes down to Poeltl ability to defend the PF. If he can do that, then it's a fine pick. Will be interesting to see him in training camp and summer league.

With Poeltl being a traditional back to the basket scorer, I wonder if that really signals the Raps belief in JV extending that range out to the arc.

The Pascal pick is a bit odd. Very raw 22 year old - an age when most prospects are more refined. Considering the talent available at 27, this pick concerns me more than Poeltl.

Poeltl can shoot too. The only real question is if he can defend PF's.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Poeltl can shoot too. The only real question is if he can defend PF's.
              I thought his range was really about 15-18 feet tops; which is great for a C but less so for a PF.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                can we change this thread title to looking back at the draft please. it is confusing me.
                Updated with something different.

Comment

• who were the 6 that said poeltl? kind of serendipitous. the 6. haha

edit add:

didn't realize i could click the number

Bongwater, highflyer, iblastoff, jacobdr4, McRealistic, Superjudge

congrats guys

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Theo Ratliff isn't exactly one of the great minds in the game of basketball. I think he forgot Cav's were playing small ball out there as well.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      Now that I've had some time to decompress I am just glad we got something stable in this draft at 9 before it absolutely spiraled vastly beyond any NBA draft I've seen in 20 years. Maybe ever?
                      Having said that, sabonis stuck out to me more the past two years. Maybe it's analytics or maybe poeltl showed more potential with shooting and switching on the perimeter or maybe he's a better trade chip? Time will tell but there's not a huge gap between them. Mostly I just preferred sabonis' heart and drive to win.
                      I've never watched new Mex state so not sure what to think yet.
                      Still maintain we should have traded up to new Orleans for murray. Even to take on asik or "overpay".
                      Hope davis' gets a contract. Did all the GMs talk about his interviews? I don't see such a huge hole in his game to drop like that.
                      It was reported he had some poor workouts as well.

I discussed Terrence Jones in the offseason thread as a low-IQ player, constantly getting lost on D. Maybe that's how Davis and Skal projected in their workouts.

That's just a guess, but there must have been a huge red flag to drop a kid with his talent as far as it did.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        who were the 6 that said poeltl? kind of serendipitous. the 6. haha

edit add:

didn't realize i could click the number

Bongwater, highflyer, iblastoff, jacobdr4, McRealistic, Superjudge

congrats guys
                        Yeah. 3.42% of us were able to nail the ninth pick. Over 40% picked people who dropped out of the first round (more or less). Crazy draft.

Comment

• here everyone, have some ö's so we can spell his name properly.

ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö ö

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            What I don't understand is how Masai justifies in selecting Pascal instead of Skal at 27 when 2 years ago he over reached and selected Bruno at 20?! I mean Skal has more skills then Bruno, and it can't hurt having 2 future stretch 4 on this team of which you double the chances of having at least 1 of then making it.

Also this draft signals that Biz is gone, there is no way to match his outrageous inflated value. This part Masai has to take the blame for not securing Biz for 2
                            years fully guaranteed, instead of 1. What is the matter?! You couldn't see that Biz would explode to the scene like that?! And I am supposed to be assured by your drafting abilities?!
                            I think it was mentioned in the post-draft articles that Pascal may have been willing to not sign a contract, which I believe would allow him to play the entire year with the 905 without taking up a roster spot with the Raptors. I doubt that Skal was willing to do the same and that just reduces Masai's roster flexibility

Comment

• I think I was more shocked at 27. I honestly never heard of Pascal...

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                I think it was mentioned in the post-draft articles that Pascal may have been willing to not sign a contract, which I believe would allow him to play the entire year with the 905 without taking up a roster spot with the Raptors. I doubt that Skal was willing to do the same and that just reduces Masai's roster flexibility
                                So in the end it boils down to Masai/MLSE cutting corners to save money? That's a tough pill to swallow, but not entirely unexpected.

Comment

Working...
                                X