No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During that come back run by the Raptors where Poeltl was involved there was a TV shot that had BeBe in the background. He is usually seen smiling but not in that shot he looked serious as much as saying "Dam that guy is coming up fast".
    No doubt BeBe will get a good run when his ankle is OK, as he earned it during preseason, but I'll assume his rope just got a little shorter in Casey's eyes after last night's performance.
    There was also a TV shot where Poeltl came back to the bench during a time out and Pascal was really pumping him up. I saw the Poeltl's post game interview and it was mentioned that the two practice, hang out and do their rookie obligations together. Poeltl commented how important their mutual support for each was to him. Nice to hear about as it continues to solidify the locker room camaraderie with a chance of helping them get through the inevitable rough times.

Comment

• Powell was called for bunch of rookie-fouls in the first game, but I thought he looked ok there. I think many are seeing that he's quite the athlete, even able to show some explosion off two feet (after a few softer, rushed layups in preseason). If he wasn't solid defensively he wouldn't be sniffing the court, and his screen-setting is a lot better than what I saw in summer league.

Siakam just looks like a producer. Such a great motor combined with good bounce. Once he gets that jumper down he's going to be a real weapon out there. He reminds me of someone I can't quite put my finger on...

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        To think of all the people who were all bend out of shape at the idea of these guys getting minutes just a couple days ago. Told you guys these two had what it took to contribute in the small roles we needed them to do. Which is play D, rebound and run the floor. Which our all strengths of Poeltl & Pascal.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        I'm not sure anyone questioned their potential to contribute. Poeltl had a pretty bad game in the season opener, and both of them are probably going to be up and down the whole season. It's not an ideal situation to be in but it's good to be able to see where they are at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Powell was called for bunch of rookie-fouls in the first game, but I thought he looked ok there. I think many are seeing that he's quite the athlete, even able to show some explosion off two feet (after a few softer, rushed layups in preseason). If he wasn't solid defensively he wouldn't be sniffing the court, and his screen-setting is a lot better than what I saw in summer league.

Siakam just looks like a producer. Such a great motor combined with good bounce. Once he gets that jumper down he's going to be a real weapon out there. He reminds me of someone I can't quite put my finger on...
          Siakam reminds me of a young Serge Ibaka.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            I'm not sure anyone questioned their potential to contribute. Poeltl had a pretty bad game in the season opener, and both of them are probably going to be up and down the whole season. It's not an ideal situation to be in but it's good to be able to see where they are at.

I caught a lot of slack for not being too worried about Sully being hurt because I knew Pascal could contribute. Made fun of for being a senseless optimist.

Pretty much the same reaction when I said last year early on that Powell was better than Ross.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I caught a lot of slack for not being too worried about Sully being hurt because I knew Pascal could contribute. Made fun of for being a senseless optimist.

Pretty much the same reaction when I said last year early on that Powell was better than Ross.

People were comparing Powell to D-Wade after Summer League. No joke - look it up. You weren't the only one on the Powell bandwagon, or even the first one.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                People were comparing Powell to D-Wade after Summer League. No joke - look it up. You weren't the only one on the Powell bandwagon, or even the first one.
                That was me who compared Powell to Dwade 😂. I wasn't completely serious tho.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                  That was me who compared Powell to Dwade ��. I wasn't completely serious tho.

lol. I went even further with the D-Wade on offense + Tony Allen on defense comparison, complete with height, weight and wingspan measurements.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    lol. I went even further with the D-Wade on offense + Tony Allen on defense comparison, complete with height, weight and wingspan measurements.
                    #freenorm

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Poeltl and Siakam quickly validating their own selections.
                      All hail supercomputer Watson!

Comment

• I expect Pascal Siakam to have a double double in his next game, the guy is a better version of Pape Sow

Comment

• Studs.

Comment

• Fuck I'll admit it, I was on the Skal-train and ate a load of crow when Pascal showed him up in the Summer League

Comment

• These two have been great so far. Especially at the defensive end. Great draft class so far.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Really like what I've seen from both guys, they both come to play and really fight hard...can't go wrong with that.

Reminds me how we all felt when BOTH Norm and Delon got to play. Of course Norm shinned a bit brighter but people forget the Delon was very solid himself when he did get a chance to play. Not sure how he's going to look after the injury (at least not right away) but I really do hope we can finally get him in the rotation this year as I still believe he will be better than CoJo. He has all the same strengths except he is a better passer and of course bigger, his 3pt shot also seemed to be coming along more than what Corey's was.

But back to this year's picks, it's hard for them to look bad when both are just flat out playing hard which I was totally expected from Siakam because that's his calling card but I'm kinda surprised with Yak. I totally thought of him as more of a finesse player who was just very crafty on the blocks which is what is making him more promising imo than originally thought because I knew he was skilled on the blocks but didn't think he had that level of hustle. If he continues to play that hard and eventually is blended into the offence, he's going to look really good and be very valuable to our team. Certainly has the potential to be one of the best back up Cs because really I think in a couple years or so he can be a starter in this league to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X