Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I know, I was being facetious.

But the point remains. If someone were to ask me what basketball skills Siakam has, I don't have an answer. High motor?
    Good hands, can finish with either hand, decent shot, decent passer. Oh and high motor, fast and agile.

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      Good hands, can finish with either hand, decent shot, decent passer. Oh and high motor, fast and agile.

Apparently he's the next Kevin Garnett folks. No holes in his game!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Apparently he's the next Kevin Garnett folks. No holes in his game!

lol ok so apparently "good" and "decent" are superlatives to you.

Comment

lol ok so apparently "good" and "decent" are superlatives to you.

Well apparently he's "good" or "decent" at everything, so yeah, clearly he's on his way to being a superstar PF. Which is news to me from a guy whose only tangible skill for most of his career has been his speed and transition D sleeping on him so he can get freebie layups.

Comment

• ^^That's a ridiculous statement

I don't think any superstar would only be described as "decent" at most things lol

In almost all cases they are very good or ELITE at least one thing.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Well apparently he's "good" or "decent" at everything, so yeah, clearly he's on his way to being a superstar PF. Which is news to me from a guy whose only tangible skill for most of his career has been his speed and transition D sleeping on him so he can get freebie layups.

Facetious too?

Comment

Good hands, can finish with either hand, decent shot, decent passer.
                Can probably say this about most guys on the roster, no?

Edit: I would say decent hands (but nothing special). Mediocre handles, mediocre shot, mediocre passing ability. High motor. Maybe a ceiling of 7th-8th man on a championship calibre club?
                Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Oct 27, 2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Siakam needs to work on his shot.. then he'll have a career. A Tony Snell type of career where he could start for some team but would really just be a role player.

Comment

I know, I was being facetious.

But the point remains. If someone were to ask me what basketball skills Siakam has, I don't have an answer. High motor?
                    white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Can probably say this about most guys on the roster, no?

Edit: I would say decent hands (but nothing special). Mediocre handles, mediocre shot, mediocre passing ability. High motor. Maybe a ceiling of 7th-8th man on a championship calibre club?
                    I really enjoyed the journey this page has taken.

"has no NBA skills" > "I think he has some" > "Oh you think he's a superstar PF do you?" > "most NBA players have NBA skills, no?"

The full spectrum on display.

I mean, mediocre skills are still skills. Catching and finishing quickly in one smooth motion (by KD - a "fat", tired, championship hangover KD sure, but still) is skill. Driving by Zaza (meh) with an off-foot finish is skill. Finishing in transition over and through Draymond (a "fat", tired, championship hangover Draymond sure, but still) is skill. They're in no way Hall of Fame calibre, but they're not nothing. And running the floor hard is also a skill, and it's the only one he's above average at. He's a role player drafted in the 20's.

Comment

I really enjoyed the journey this page has taken.

"has no NBA skills" > "I think he has some" > "Oh you think he's a superstar PF do you?" > "most NBA players have NBA skills, no?"

The full spectrum on display.

I mean, mediocre skills are still skills. Catching and finishing quickly in one smooth motion (by KD - a "fat", tired, championship hangover KD sure, but still) is skill. Driving by Zaza (meh) with an off-foot finish is skill. Finishing in transition over and through Draymond (a "fat", tired, championship hangover Draymond sure, but still) is skill. They're in no way Hall of Fame calibre, but they're not nothing. And running the floor hard is also a skill, and it's the only one he's above average at. He's a role player drafted in the 20's.
                      The bold is what I was trying to highlight all along. I don't see anything to be excited about. He's a role player.

Edit: And for the record, I wouldn't consider running fast a "basketball skill". Does he have post game? Is he a marksman from deep? Does he have court-vision? A cross-over dribble? Is he a great rebounder? Great footwork? etc.
                      Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Oct 27, 2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

The bold is what I was trying to highlight all along. I don't see anything to be excited about. He's a role player.

Edit: And for the record, I wouldn't consider running fast a "basketball skill". Does he have post game? Is he a marksman from deep? Does he have court-vision? A cross-over dribble? Is he a great rebounder? Great footwork? etc.
                        I said running hard, which is the same as having a high motor to me. And that is considered a skill by some people.

There's flashes of potential to be better. I think people appreciate solid role players. Maybe the excitement is overdoing it a little bit, but he just scored 20 points (in a game devoid of garbage time against the defending champs), so yeah people were excited.
                        Last edited by Mess; Fri Oct 27, 2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• With OG/P/Yak our frontcourt is set for years to come.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            With OG/P/Yak our frontcourt is set for years to come.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            You forgot our best front court player
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              You forgot our best front court player
                              Yeah, how can he forget Bruno?
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Did Masai knock this draft out of the park or what?!

Comment

Working...
                                X