• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    Murray will he a shooting guard

He is a reincarnated brandon roy

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    He's not going to be a shooting guard in the NBA.

First of all he's too small to play the position. A generous 6'4 with a mediocre wingspan (6'6-7 depending on who measured). The other guys that play the 2 spot at that height have very long wingspans (Wade 6'11 for example). Also he has point guard instincts and played point guard in high school and for team Canada. Part of the reason his stock has been dropping is because he's playing out of position at the 2 for Kentucky which isn't allowing him to showcase his PG skills effectively.

He's a 1 in the NBA, a big PG as opposed to being an undersized 2 in the mold of Monta Ellis or Randy Foye.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      He's not going to be a shooting guard in the NBA.

First of all he's too small to play the position. A generous 6'4 with a mediocre wingspan (6'6-7 depending on who measured). The other guys that play the 2 spot at that height have very long wingspans (Wade 6'11 for example). Also he has point guard instincts and played point guard in high school and for team Canada. Part of the reason his stock has been dropping is because he's playing out of position at the 2 for Kentucky which isn't allowing him to showcase his PG skills effectively.

He's a 1 in the NBA, a big PG as opposed to being an undersized 2 in the mold of Monta Ellis or Randy Foye.
      you have managed again to be 100% incorrect.

he is being played in a system that has 2 other similar players.

his wingspan is 6'7-6'8 according to most measurments and shares an almost identical measurements to Brandon Roy

His biggest critiques right now in college is his lack of playmaking ability.....and you figure him to be a point guard in the nba....smh

Comment

• Just don't think Murray is a 2-guard in the NBA, screams PG to me.

Comment

• I think his comparison is more Brandon Knight who was not a typical point guard initially in the league, then developed into one and then kind of moved back into a combo guard role.

Comment

• i think murray makes better decisions then knight did in uni. my guess is whatever nba team drafts murray slots him into the 1 until he proves he can't do that. the shooting, dribbling, size and bball iq would be most beneficial there

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              you have managed again to be 100% incorrect.

he is being played in a system that has 2 other similar players.

his wingspan is 6'7-6'8 according to most measurments and shares an almost identical measurements to Brandon Roy

His biggest critiques right now in college is his lack of playmaking ability
              .....and you figure him to be a point guard in the nba....smh
              Which is mostly because he's not being allowed to be a playmaker as much as he could be. He's actually a tremendous playmaker for a player his age and size. You won't find many guys his age who can run the p'n'r so well as he can. It's all kind of funny because while he's playing well at Kentucky, it's clear to people who followed him before college that he's not being given the chance to always play in his comfort zone.

I don't really think it matters where you slot him in the NBA. I think ideally you slot him in at SG. Yes, he could probably play PG and be a unique matchup with his size, but he can also give you a playmaker of tremendous ability at SG, like a Harden, Roy or even Ginobili in his prime. Either way you can potentially cause matchup problems.

I lean more toward SG because I think that's where he'll probably fit better defensively. I feel like that angle gets forgotten. He's not a terrible athlete, but I don't know that he can keep up with PGs in the NBA full time, and he actually could have more than enough size to play SG and not struggle defending those guys. On offence it doesn't matter what you call him....He could play SG next to a playmaking PG, probably even a high caliber one like Lowry or Wall, and they'd probably figure out how to be effective together. And if you want a role player beside him, like a 3&D guy, ideally who can guard either backcourt spot (even if he guards one better than the other), that should work just fine too.
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Feb 7, 2016, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• Jamal Murray can play the PG. He has for basketball Canada and he did a great job scoring AND passing. Not only passing, but in a variety of ways. So the assertion that he's a weak play-maker is wrong. If it doesn't appear he's making a lot of plays in Kentucky, it's because of Kentucky's offensive structure. They have a tenacious PG there who dominates the ball a lot too.

Comment

• Jamal is a PG. That's the position where he has the most upside.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• According to DraftExpress, skal labissiere's stock is slipping (They have him at 10). To me, he seems like a great pickup, what do you guys think?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      According to DraftExpress, skal labissiere's stock is slipping (They have him at 10). To me, he seems like a great pickup, what do you guys think?
                      Reminds me too much of Hasheem Thabeet and that ain't a good thing.

Comment

• porzingis is looking pretty damn good though. to the point where i look at JV's play and start feeling, sadly, unimpressed.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          porzingis is looking pretty damn good though. to the point where i look at JV's play and start feeling, sadly, unimpressed.
                          JV could put up Porzingis' numbers pretty easily if he got as many touches.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            porzingis is looking pretty damn good though. to the point where i look at JV's play and start feeling, sadly, unimpressed.
                            For me it's Porzingis and KAT both are already better than him.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Reminds me too much of Hasheem Thabeet and that ain't a good thing.
                              Reminds me best case Lamarcus Aldridge and wost case Channing Frye.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JV and KP are two very different breeds of Centres

Comment

Working...
                                X