Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    According to DraftExpress, skal labissiere's stock is slipping (They have him at 10). To me, he seems like a great pickup, what do you guys think?
    I would pick up him up at 10. He still has the top 5 potential. Its just going to take longer than people excepted. Masai type of pick. Send him down to the 905 for a year.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Porzingis isn't a center guys. He's a 4.

Also want to point out that JV is much better than Porzingis right now, but looking at ceiling and potential it looks like Porz will eclipse him in a few years. However it's not like Valanciunas has really peaked either. I feel like he's at the point where Marc Gasol was a few years in, very solid center but not quite a true star yet with a reputation for being slow-footed defensively. Well Marc eventually figured things out and became DPOY and once he got more trusting in his perimeter game, also became a pretty dangerous offensive weapon.

Let's give JV some time, dude's 23 years old, he's not done yet.
      Last edited by JWash; Mon Feb 8, 2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• This is a silly comparison. So are we going to be disappointed everytime another European big enters the league and looks better than JV? JV is a damn good player, and there is no shame if he's not at the same level as the next big import.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          JV and KP are two very different breeds of Centres
          That's my point KP's breed is trending and JV's is endangered.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• And it's stupid since they literally play different positions and obviously roles.

Porzingis isn't "what's next" though. It's not like scouts wouldn't have been looking for very athletic 7'3'' guys who can shoot. He's a unique freakish player. Sort of the same for Towns though more because of skill set....not every true C is going to have limitless range and a fully rounded game....shit most of the ones coming out you're lucky if they can hit free throws. None of this is an indictment of JV and has nothing to do with whether he's a good and potentially great player. Just Chr1s1an trolling. You know, because he's the only one who watches games.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              And it's stupid since they literally play different positions and obviously roles.

Porzingis isn't "what's next" though. It's not like scouts wouldn't have been looking for very athletic 7'3'' guys who can shoot. He's a unique freakish player. Sort of the same for Towns though more because of skill set....not every true C is going to have limitless range and a fully rounded game....shit most of the ones coming out you're lucky if they can hit free throws. None of this is an indictment of JV and has nothing to do with whether he's a good and potentially great player. Just Chr1s1an trolling. You know, because he's the only one who watches games.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The two bold words summarize this thread right now.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                JV and KP are two very different breeds of Centres
                Correct.

One is a centre and the other isn't.

I really don't get the comparison other than that they're both Europeans.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  Don't forget White. Gotta have the generic white player comp.

Anyone see Buddy Heild the other night? Would love to add him with our own pick but he might end up in the Knicks pick range.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                    Correct.

One is a centre and the other isn't.

the basis for comparison is: Christian needs a way to shit on JV.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    That's my point KP's breed is trending and JV's is endangered.
                    Please, tell me more about how every team will soon be starting a 7-foot-3 do-everything player at the 4 and 5. give me a break.

Why can't Porzingis be what he is, a freakish, unusual player, without it spelling the end of an era for traditional bigs. The "big men are outdated" mantra is so overblown it's ridiculous.
                    Last edited by KHD; Wed Feb 10, 2016, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Don't forget White. Gotta have the generic white player comp.

Anyone see Buddy Heild the other night? Would love to add him with our own pick but he might end up in the Knicks pick range.
                      I dunno.. Hield's doing awesome, but I see him turning into a Randy Foye type player. Though, he could be a good selection anyway if he's not taken too early.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        I dunno.. Hield's doing awesome, but I see him turning into a Randy Foye type player. Though, he could be a good selection anyway if he's not taken too early.
                        Foye with our pick would be great value; DraftExpress has Hield going 11th currently, DraftNet has him 6th. Plus I see Hield as a much better shooter than Foye. CJ McCollum might be a better comp.

Both senior SGs of questionable size (6'4) and handles (neither are really equipped to play PG), but with ridiculous 3P%s.

McCollum's Senior season - 51.6% on 5.3 3PA per game (or 6.9 per 40).
                        Hield's Senior season - 50.0% on 8.3 3PA per game (or 9.7 per 40).

Both had high Usage (30%+) and low assists (2-3 APG).

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I don't know what to make of Hield. I'm always skeptical of guys who seem to "get it" as seniors. *Not that he was bad before, but he's taken a huge leap in production this year.

I suppose if you're drafting him you're setting a floor as a shooter for him, and hoping that's valuable enough that it'll be worth any pick. And if it's our own pick, like Axel is ok with, that seems like good value....unless we manage to nab Murray with the DEN/NYK pick. Then there wouldn't be much point.
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Feb 10, 2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I don't know what to make of Hield. I'm always skeptical of guys who seem to "get it" as seniors. *Not that he was bad before, but he's taken a huge leap in production this year.

I suppose if you're drafting him you're setting a floor as a shooter for him, and hoping that's valuable enough that it'll be worth any pick. And if it's our own pick, like Axel is ok with, that seems like good value....unless we manage to nab Murray with the DEN/NYK pick. Then there wouldn't be much point.
                            If we draft Murray, then I wouldn't draft Hield unless there was no other prospect close in tier. BPA tiered approach.

Having Murray and Hield gives us a ton of shooting options that could allow us moves on the trade market to address that PF spot (moving Ross would be much more palatable if Murray and Hield are in the fold).

Hield has been shooting comparable to McCollum as a senior but on a better team with tougher opponents.

Comment

• Hield will be an NBA starter, of that I have no doubt. He's better than Reddick, and Reddick was a damn near All Star this year. Deadly scorers like that are too damn valuable.

Comment

I don't know what to make of Hield. I'm always skeptical of guys who seem to "get it" as seniors. *Not that he was bad before, but he's taken a huge leap in production this year.
                                i like seniors more than juniors. i wouldn't take a senior in the lottery unless there was a drastic improvement. i like seniors at the end of first round 20+ and anywhere in the 2nd. they come mature and knowledgeable. freshmen are where the stars are and maybe some softmores.

Comment

Working...
                                X