Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Murray could also play PG in the NBA, and DD could play SF. DD would actually thrive playing next to an automatic 3pt scorer like Murray. It would be easy to make them work together. I think DD would be excited, and not take it as a sign he should leave the team.
    DD can not guard that position. That will never happen. We already tried that experiment with Ross starting.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      DD can not guard that position. That will never happen. We already tried that experiment with Ross starting.
      DD does guard that position all the time, for portions of every single game. He can do it just fine.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        DD does guard that position all the time, for portions of every single game. He can do it just fine.
        Melo/PG/Lebron....
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• At this rate we might get skal with our 25th pick.

Dropped to 14th now on draft express mock and has been awful.

That said I'm exaggerating a bit. someone will probably draft him earlier unless he returns to Kentucky. I'm fascinated by his upside though if Murray is off the board.

It's an interesting decision to make. We obviously need a PF but it's always best to draft best player available. But how do you measure best player available? Skal can play PF and might have highest upside. But he might be 2 years away from being 2 years away or be a bust.

Crazy to think a few months ago he was #1 and ahead of Simmons on mock drafts. I even remember reading stuff saying he was getting the better of KAT during a scrimmage.

Comment

• Could also see Masai drafting cheick diallo with our late first round pick if he's available. He dropped to 31 on draft express today.

Comment

• What do you guys think of Henry Ellenson?! kinda reminds me of a young Dirk stretch 4 that might be good playing alongside JV?!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Melo/PG/Lebron....
                So who in the league can guard those guys?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  What do you guys think of Henry Ellenson?! kinda reminds me of a young Dirk stretch 4 that might be good playing alongside JV?!

I really like Ellenson and would be very happy if we ended up with him. If Murray is gone, he'd be my pick. He does fit perfectly next to JV.

Comment

• If they're both available, I'd probably pick Ellenson over Murray.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                      If they're both available, I'd probably pick Ellenson over Murray.
                      Would be a very nice problem to have. I'm sure they're both guys we will work out and look at extensively.

Comment

• I'm really high on Murray i remember seeing him play as a kid, we were both in the same house league in kitchener! Obviously never thought he'd amount to being the high end of a prospect but after seeing him playing over the summer, the guy has some serious game. I think if he's on the board at 7 - 9 we go for him; especially, since he's a hometown kid. Drafting murray could really play into the the "we the north " moto. I don't think any of us see Demar leaving but i'm pretty sure 50 % or more would be happy to ship out the inconsistent terrence ross to make minutes for a guy like murray. But if he's off the board (which i think he will be) then i think we go with ellenson. I really see him being a perfect fit with Jonas! what it comes down to is do we draft for need? or highest ceiling.

Comment

• DeRozon wrote: View Post
                          I'm really high on Murray i remember seeing him play as a kid, we were both in the same house league in kitchener! Obviously never thought he'd amount to being the high end of a prospect but after seeing him playing over the summer, the guy has some serious game. I think if he's on the board at 7 - 9 we go for him; especially, since he's a hometown kid. Drafting murray could really play into the the "we the north " moto. I don't think any of us see Demar leaving but i'm pretty sure 50 % or more would be happy to ship out the inconsistent terrence ross to make minutes for a guy like murray. But if he's off the board (which i think he will be) then i think we go with ellenson. I really see him being a perfect fit with Jonas! what it comes down to is do we draft for need? or highest ceiling.
                          Welcome to the Forum!

It would definitely be difficult to pick between the two if they're both there. If we pick at 8 or 9 they may both be gone. There seems to be a consensus top 5 in this draft, and then the mocks are all over the place after that. Still lots of time to go though, the NCAA Tourney will throw all these mocks on their head I'm sure.

Comment

• The thing JV needs beside him is a PF who can defend out to the perimeter. I don't think Ellenson fits that. I really like Rabb. Way more mobile, a sophisticated post game with both hands and a legit mid range game.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              What do you guys think of Henry Ellenson?! kinda reminds me of a young Dirk stretch 4 that might be good playing alongside JV?!

Looks slow-footed and lacking explosiveness to me. Has some nice skills and good size/bulk, which is an advantage at the college level, but quickly disappears at the NBA level. Doesn't look like a great defender either. Seems like a guy who would excel at just below the NBA level, e.g. Euro league. With the NBA moving towards mobile bigs, not sure if you want to waste a top 10 pick on a guy with obvious major weaknesses, like athleticism.

Comment

• If Murray is available on our pick, I think we draft him, if not, go for one of the PFs.

Comment

Working...
                                X