Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://soundcloud.com/insiders-spor...ng-free-agency

Alex Kennedy Draft Analysis. They talk about Delon at 9 minute mark.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Don't get the Rondo comparison. Rondo is long with giant hands and a flashy passer. Wright is stumpy and uses his height like GV to pass over guards and see over defenses.
      Yeah, Rondo's not a great comparison IMO. Wright's game seems to be predicated on getting where he wants to with a slippery dribble; Rondo was more of a quarterback that took advantage of the pocket with his long arms and giant reach. I guess Chris Paul is the guy I think of when I think Wright's dribble-attack style.

Comment

• Anyone else a little intrigued at the possibility of Dorrell Wright joining his little brother on the Raptors? I wonder if it'd be a valuable dynamic or more of a distraction.

Obviously the older Wright brother would have to come aboard for a reasonable price, but he's a solid, veteran 3&D guy and could excel in the right team concept.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Anyone else a little intrigued at the possibility of Dorrell Wright joining his little brother on the Raptors? I wonder if it'd be a valuable dynamic or more of a distraction.

Obviously the older Wright brother would have to come aboard for a reasonable price, but he's a solid, veteran 3&D guy and could excel in the right team concept.
          they interviewed them about that. Delon said if it happens then cool but he wants to figure it out on his own.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Is ready to play right now. I think he plays around 20 minutes again. Biggest weakness' are his strength and shooting. Two weakness' NBA coaches love to hear.

D Wright/Lou Will backcourt will collect a lot of steals off second units backcourts. GV and Lou were starting to over lap. Cause Lou pretty much took GV role from the previous season and flourished in it.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Is ready to play right now. I think he plays around 20 minutes again. Biggest weakness' are his strength and shooting. Two weakness' NBA coaches love to hear.

D Wright/Lou Will backcourt will collect a lot of steals off second units backcourts. GV and Lou were starting to over lap. Cause Lou pretty much took GV role from the previous season and flourished in it.
              I'm still skeptical about Lou coming back. I'm not really a fan of the offense we ran last year, and I have a feeling that has a lot to do with Lou.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                I'm still skeptical about Lou coming back. I'm not really a fan of the offense we ran last year, and I have a feeling that has a lot to do with Lou.
                Lou has felt very confident about coming back from what I've seen on social media(twitter/IG). His mention that his free agency would very quick. I think that favours the Raptors.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Is ready to play right now. I think he plays around 20 minutes again. Biggest weakness' are his strength and shooting. Two weakness' NBA coaches love to hear.

a Wright and Lou Backcourt has the upper body strength of an elementary school girl. add Ross and its now middle school. one will actually die defending lebron

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    a Wright and Lou Backcourt has the upper body strength of an elementary school girl. add Ross and its now middle school. one will actually die defending lebron
                    Why would our backup backcourt ever be guarding Lebron?
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                      I think he is more athletic than Shaun but he is shorter by 2 inches I think. I remember when Shaun came into the league he was 6'9 or something like that. It is a good comparison and I thought this too. I think he lacks the confidence, but you look at his shooting percentage and it is quite high. This leads me to believe that the kid will make good basketball decisions to pass and also to take it to a higher percentage area around the hoop. This is a good thing.

Lastyl I think he is more athletic because of Shaun Livingston's nasty injury.
                      Shaun Livingston is 6'7 and I'm pretty sure they mean pre injury.

Comment

Why would our backup backcourt ever be guarding Lebron?
                        wing screens. every team will try to create matchups and then start backing down the defender. lou isnt a bad defender just small and weak. now there are three players who can be described the same way.

Comment

• If Lou comes back, it is essential that he sign for 7.1M starting salary. If you have to give him 5 years and max raises, so the average works up to 8.2M per year, so be it. Because that means you still have room to make a max offer on a guy like Harris.

I'd rather keep that 7M for a guy like Joseph, but IF Lou is brought back, that is the most I would be OK with giving him.

If Lou comes back and Harris is brought in, I think that opens up DeMar to be moved for a starting PF like Favors (with a few picks going their way too) or Faried (straight up trade).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Well, since the draft I've watched a lot of delon to try and understand him better.

I really like this pick and what it means for the team.

I also think delon could be a fan favorite by game 10 next year, he plays tough. Toronto will like him.

His shot isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people make it seem, and I think his numbers don't represent his game fairly. He's a smart player with a good feel for the game. He knows basketball and we need that. I think with a pro level coach he could add a consistent three with time and practice, but it's his playmaking and defense that will carry his career.

My favorite part of him (and the rumours of FA we are looking at) means we are looking at adding defense to our second unit, and IMO we will be looking at a JV lead offence for those stretches.

This could be a great offseason depending on what we land with all our capspace now. Going with tradition so far, ujiri has found a way to leave all options on the table still while improving the team ATM and down the road.

Good draft night, excited for Wednesday

Comment

• I still know very little about Wright. What are folks saying about his mental maturity, ability to perform in short clock situations? How's his drive-and-kick game?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I still know very little about Wright. What are folks saying about his mental maturity, ability to perform in short clock situations? How's his drive-and-kick game?
                                They're OK

Comment

Working...
                                X