Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Not a critical loss. He would only get garbage time minutes.
    Not critical, but important if you want to see him develop into a rotation player.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Not a critical loss. He would only get garbage time minutes.
      I dunno, what if Lowry goes down to injury. Not an unlikely thing to happen with how hard he plays and the extra time on the floor this year with the Olympic team. Then you have CoJo stepping into the role of a starter which he isn't accustomed to and who behind him?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I dunno, what if Lowry goes down to injury. Not an unlikely thing to happen with how hard he plays and the extra time on the floor this year with the Olympic team. Then you have CoJo stepping into the role of a starter which he isn't accustomed to and who behind him?
        Realistically, it would be a crippling blow if Lowry went down, regardless of Wright's status.

But in terms of the rotation, we'd probably see Powell playing some backup PG minutes.

Comment

• Fred van Vleet be like.....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Realistically, it would be a crippling blow if Lowry went down, regardless of Wright's status.

But in terms of the rotation, we'd probably see Powell playing some backup PG minutes.
            I don't even want to consider this. Casey had better manage Lowry's minutes properly.

Comment

• I know Lowry played a lot last season, but does anyone have a league average for how many the best players normally play? I'm guessing Lowry plays more, but curious by how much.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                I don't even want to consider this. Casey had better manage Lowry's minutes properly.
                Lowry is not gonna be happy playing less minutes in a contract year.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                  Ugh. I hadn't considered that. Casey will literally have to drag him off the floor, given that its Kyle's last chance at a big contract. I don't trust Lowry to manage himself, given that he plays through everything no matter how banged up or hurt he is, nor do I trust Casey to manage Lowry properly.

Comment

Sinbad wrote: View Post
                    Ugh. I hadn't considered that. Casey will literally have to drag him off the floor, given that its Kyle's last chance at a big contract. I don't trust Lowry to manage himself, given that he plays through everything no matter how banged up or hurt he is, nor do I trust Casey to manage Lowry properly.
                    I think Lowry's minutes can be managed without really affecting his season numbers. I mean, he can still put up solid numbers playing 33 minutes per game, instead of the 37 he averaged last year.

Also, Casey could simply give him a game off here and there against some of the weaker teams in the league.

Lowry has a lot more to lose in free agency following a serious injury, than a slight drop in minutes/numbers.

Comment

Lowry doesn't strike me as the type of player that's going to make a big scene over 3 or 4 minutes a game. The money will be there regardless.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I expect Casey to manage mins better with his new contract.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          I expect Casey to manage mins better with his new contract.
                          lol

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Lowry doesn't strike me as the type of player that's going to make a big scene over 3 or 4 minutes a game. The money will be there regardless.
                            That's where I disagree. He'll be 31 next summer. Committing huge money and term to an older PG that's battled weight and injury/exhaustion issues could be something Masai wrestles with. "Loyalty" only goes so far.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                              That's where I disagree. He'll be 31 next summer. Committing huge money and term to an older PG that's battled weight and injury/exhaustion issues could be something Masai wrestles with. "Loyalty" only goes so far.
                              I think you misunderstood. I'm talking about Lowry isn't gonna raise a stink over a few min per game, he'll get huge offers either way.

Whether masai will the one to win his services is another topic altogether that will be beaten to death in the next 11 months
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I think you misunderstood. I'm talking about Lowry isn't gonna raise a stink over a few min per game, he'll get huge offers either way.

Whether masai will the one to win his services is another topic altogether that will be beaten to death in the next 11 months
                                Gotcha. Lowry is a pro, and he won't cause a fuss over minutes if he and Casey work something out beforehand to conserve him for later on in the season. Cojo continuing his solid play and Powell taking a step forward would help immensely.

Comment

Working...
                                X