Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Sure, signatures? I'd also be happy to ban myself if I'm wrong. Do I get to keep the exception that we could sign Lou if we trade DeMar?
    Sigs sounds good. No need to ban yourself lol, thats a little extreme. And yes you can get that exception because I don't think (unfortunately) Demar is going anywhere..
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      For what it's worth, I agree with SkywalkerAC that Lou shouldn't be back, but I actually think Masai will attempt to keep him.
      It just doesn't make any sense though. His cap hold is about 9 mill (and he's going to get about that, I'd think) so instead of having 23 mill to work your magic with, you have 14, which is enough to make a decent offer to a 2nd/3rd tier guy, and that's it. I really don't see the rationale.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        For what it's worth, I agree with SkywalkerAC that Lou shouldn't be back, but I actually think Masai will attempt to keep him.
        Why shouldn't Lou be back though? He is perfect for the bench once you get greasy YOLO out and an offensively challenged stopper in his place. Our offense took a hit replacing vasquez with Wright, and bench scoring is still very important when your best scorer is Demar Deficiency or Kyle Lowtotheground. That is unless you got 2Pat developing his crossover fadeway this summer (hint: 2Pat is not developing a crossover fadeaway this summer)

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          What does that have to do with this?
          team has glaring weakness yet Casey went 3-4 small shooters on the perimeter. unless Wright can shoot, his permeter D is a non-issue whether Casey plays him or not.

Comment

Sigs sounds good. No need to ban yourself lol, thats a little extreme. And yes you can get that exception because I don't think (unfortunately) Demar is going anywhere..
            Deal. Should happen pretty quick when Masai renounces his cap hold as free agency opens up.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              It just doesn't make any sense though. His cap hold is about 9 mill (and he's going to get about that, I'd think) so instead of having 23 mill to work your magic with, you have 14, which is enough to make a decent offer to a 2nd/3rd tier guy, and that's it. I really don't see the rationale.
              ?? 14 mil is enough for a Paul Millsap or Khris Middleton, likely. Definitely not 3rd tier guys. 14 is lower level all star

Comment

Why shouldn't Lou be back though? He is perfect for the bench once you get greasy YOLO out and an offensively challenged stopper in his place. Our offense took a hit replacing vasquez with Wright, and bench scoring is still very important when your best scorer is Demar Deficiency or Kyle Lowtotheground. That is unless you got 2Pat developing his crossover fadeway this summer (hint: 2Pat is not developing a crossover fadeaway this summer)
                Because we want to overhaul the mentality and style of the team? Ross gives you better spot-up ability and defense at the backup 2 spot and is more of a system player. And Lou was beyond dreadful in the playoffs.
                Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Fri Jun 26, 2015, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  team has glaring weakness yet Casey went 3-4 small shooters on the perimeter. unless Wright can shoot, his permeter D is a non-issue whether Casey plays him or not.
                  Delon's 3P% was .351 his senior season. JJ's career avg is .258 (which is why I think Casey glued him on the bench) - there are different degrees to the "can't shoot" label people are tossing out.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

?? 14 mil is enough for a Paul Millsap or Khris Middleton, likely. Definitely not 3rd tier guys. 14 is lower level all star
                    Millsapp is going to want more than that. I've been told that Bucks will match a 15 mill offer for Middleton. I'm hoping we can get Carroll for 12.5 or so. It's a sellers' market.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      When was the last time a big name FA signed with NYK or LAL though? No one wants to go to those teams and they're our main competition.
                      Every city has advantages and disadvantages.

Winning is the real factor.

Did anybody want to go to the Knicks during Isiah's tenure?
                      Did anybody want to go to the Lakers when they had a front-court of Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm, with Smush running the point?
                      Did anybody want to go to Portland during the "Jail Blazers" era?
                      Did anybody want to go to Detroit after the Iverson fiasco?
                      Does anybody want to go to Philly right now?
                      Did anybody want to go to Boston before they traded for their big 3?
                      Did anybody want to go to Cleveland during the "Post-LeBron" era?
                      Did anybody want to go to Chicago during the "Post-Jordan" era?

Comment

It seems to me that Lou's future is tied to what the Raps can do in free agency. If they can land a stud then I think Lou is gone. Ujiri will need to find scoring off the bench elsewhere. Unlike some, I wouldn't mind having Lou back but they have huge, gaping, blackholes at the SF and PF positions that need to be addressed first. They can't keep running out Ross, Amir/Hansbrough and expect to win games, especially in the playoffs.

Comment

• Reminds me of alvin williams. Herky jerky handles, mature, and makes smart plays. Will be a solid pro

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            It seems to me that Lou's future is tied to what the Raps can do in free agency. If they can land a stud then I think Lou is gone. Ujiri will need to find scoring off the bench elsewhere. Unlike some, I wouldn't mind having Lou back but they have huge, gaping, blackholes at the SF and PF positions that need to be addressed first. They can't keep running out Ross, Amir/Hansbrough and expect to win games, especially in the playoffs.
                            Agreed. I don't think bringing back Lou is the priority for MU. Having a great bench squad is good for the regular season, but less effective in the playoffs. Also, it's better to have flexibility and options on the bench rather than simply just scoring.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• So when is he gonna be introduced? Today?

Also it's mildly interesting to see a PG wear #55, that's usually a big man number.
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X