LS 25
    JV 30

CJ 23
    TR 23
    2Pat 25
    JJ 20
    BB 15
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Sadly there are not 52 minutes in a game.
    Lmaooo

Comment

My bad

KL 33
      DD 33
      DC 30
      LS 25
      JV 30

2pat 24
      TR 23
      CJ 22
      BB 20
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

You have to think that it will be PF by committee until Masai can consolidate. Casey really liked having Patterson off the bench last year, so it's possible he keeps him in that role. That really would depend on James Johnson making a monumental leap in his approach coming up to his contract season. Stranger things have happened.

The thing is, were that to actually happen, you'd have Patterson and Scola coming off the bench together, kicking Biyombo out of the rotation, and suddenly the rotation is pretty gross.

One thing I could see happening is Patterson starting but JJ as one of your first off the bench. He comes in to try to achieve GS-style positionless basketball - sometimes between Ross and Carroll, sometimes between DeMar and Jonas, sometimes between sometimes between Carroll and Biyombo. If Casey can have Johnson playing like a savvy veteran utility-man (ie Draymond Green), this season could become very special indeed. Much stranger things have happened.

Say what you want, but Casey respects the work. If JJ wants those many millions that lie within his grasp, he'll bring what the coach is asking for. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Comment

I think PP still is coming off the bench but will pretty much have near starter minutes.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Well after Scola said he's going to be a big part of the rotation that is making me think he's going to start. We shall see.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Casey said that before the Scola signing.

Comment

I will be surprised if JJ starts at the 4. Shocked really.
                Me too. For whatever reason DC seems to have something against JJ. He always talks about 'being professional ' --he should take his own advice. It is in the best interest of the team for DC to utilize JJ more frequently.

Comment

The more I think about it, could we not use Scola in a starter role, but with limited minutes? Like, we go ahead give both Scola and Patt around 20 minutes each on the floor each game.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    The more I think about it, could we not use Scola in a starter role, but with limited minutes? Like, we go ahead give both Scola and Patt around 20 minutes each on the floor each game.
                    They'll pretty certainly be splitting the PF minutes fairly evenly. But I think Patterson fits better with the starters and Scola with the bench, so they should be playing the bulk of their minutes in those respective lineups, even though the lower minutes will mean some Scola with the starters at various points.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

They'll pretty certainly be splitting the PF minutes fairly evenly. But I think Patterson fits better with the starters and Scola with the bench, so they should be playing the bulk of their minutes in those respective lineups, even though the lower minutes will mean some Scola with the starters at various points.
                      dont know if Scola is better than JJ at PF

Comment

I don't like JV/Patterson as a defensive duo. That's my concern with 2Pat starting. Scola isn't a great defensive player but he's a smart one. I don't like him chasing down stretch 4's on the perimeter, but I've seen JV/Patterson together last year and it wasn't very good.

If Biyombo can play the 4, then he and JV together may be a really good combo actually.. we don't need offense from the 4.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I don't like JV/Patterson as a defensive duo. That's my concern with 2Pat starting. Scola isn't a great defensive player but he's a smart one. I don't like him chasing down stretch 4's on the perimeter, but I've seen JV/Patterson together last year and it wasn't very good.

If Biyombo can play the 4, then he and JV together may be a really good combo actually.. we don't need offense from the 4.
                          We at least need off-the-ball offense from a 4. According to what others have said, Bismack doesn't even provide that.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

JV and Patterson played poorly together when they had pylons on the perimeter (specifically when Ross was playing the 3 or Vasquez the 2). Their 4 worst lineups defensively all had one of those two pylons there.

But their single most used lineup (JV-PP-DD-LW-KL) had a DRTG of 99.2 in 81 minutes played. And having a competent player at the 3 basically makes those two useable together - put JJ out there and their average DRTG drops to 104.5 together, and to 98 when Vasquez isn't out there with them. Carroll defending and rebounding at the 3 should have the same effect, and Vasquez is no longer an issue. 44% of PP and JV's time together came with Vasquez playing with them. That's going to drag on any interior defence.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

JV and Patterson played poorly together when they had pylons on the perimeter (specifically when Ross was playing the 3 or Vasquez the 2). Their 4 worst lineups defensively all had one of those two pylons there.

But their single most used lineup (JV-PP-DD-LW-KL) had a DRTG of 99.2 in 81 minutes played. And having a competent player at the 3 basically makes those two useable together - put JJ out there and their average DRTG drops to 104.5 together, and to 98 when Vasquez isn't out there with them. Carroll defending and rebounding at the 3 should have the same effect, and Vasquez is no longer an issue. 44% of PP and JV's time together came with Vasquez playing with them. That's going to drag on any interior defence.
                              Another way to look at this. Why did Casey use 2Pats and JV together with GV?

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Another way to look at this. Why did Casey use 2Pats and JV together with GV?
                                Why did Casey play GV as a SF?

Why did Casey not play JJ?

Why did Casey use GV and Lou together?

If you look at all the questions, you'll realize that's why Casey is a idiot.
                                Axel wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X