Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I agree. Bad hypothetical to prove my point. Let's say the Raptors drafted and stashed a guy overseas, who will come over next season. Should all trades not be put on hold until we see if guys fit with him?
    Well for the most part yeah, unless you have a great deal in place.

Like if someone comes calling with a great deal, you obviously listen to that, but I don't think you actively seek to ship guys out before even being able to properly evaluate how they play together. To me that doesn't make sense.

Comment

I agree. Bad hypothetical to prove my point. Let's say the Raptors drafted and stashed a guy overseas, who will come over next season. Should all trades not be put on hold until we see if guys fit with him?
      I'm not sure what other player you're alluding to but if there is a possible trade that would somehow improve our team, i'm for it. However, because of all the offseason additions to our roster, i'd like to see how our new team looks on the court as well as focusing in on if our existing players have changed their ways or will continue their bad habits. I'm a trial and error person.

It doesn't make sense to gut the roster and rid of half the team with all the moves that have been recently done. You're basically admitting as a GM that all those previous moves were pointless compared to this new move that you're hoping to cash out on.

I'm not against exploring possible trade opportunities but if the trade involves dealing half our team, at this moment in time, I wouldn't feel compelled to make the deal. Maybe if it happened at the beginning of the offseason, i'd be more willing but it would undermine everything thats been worked on this summer.
      Last edited by BS10; Sun Aug 9, 2015, 11:24 PM.
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        The plan next season is to get an interview with Durant and sign Horford.
        MLSE should just buy the Hawks. Grabbing them one at a time is taking a long time. Plus they get Millsap and Budenhozer

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
          I'm not sure what other player you're alluding to but if there is a possible trade that would somehow improve our team, i'm for it. However, because of all the offseason additions to our roster, i'd like to see how our new team looks on the court as well as focusing in on if our existing players have changed their ways or will continue their bad habits. I'm a trial and error person.

It doesn't make sense to gut the roster and rid of half the team with all the moves that have been recently done. You're basically admitting as a GM that all those previous moves were pointless compared to this new move that you're hoping to cash out on.

I'm not against exploring possible trade opportunities but if the trade involves dealing half our team, at this moment in time, I wouldn't feel compelled to make the deal. Maybe if it happened at the beginning of the offseason, i'd be more willing but it would undermine everything thats been worked on this summer.
          I imagine if a trade was made this summer, then Ujiri made those moves not to fit with the players he has but to fit with the vision he has for the team, which is smarter anyway.

How do you know it would undermine anything? Could be part of the plan. Ujiri's a patient guy, I could see him making a move he thinks makes us better in the long term even if we take a bit of a hit on fit and chemistry in the short term.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            Well for the most part yeah, unless you have a great deal in place.

Like if someone comes calling with a great deal, you obviously listen to that, but I don't think you actively seek to ship guys out before even being able to properly evaluate how they play together. To me that doesn't make sense.
            I think you actively look to ship out guys you don't want long term. And always listen to calls on everyone. And I think how they fit with the role players you signed should have no impact on that.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I imagine if a trade was made this summer, then Ujiri made those moves not to fit with the players he has but to fit with the vision he has for the team, which is smarter anyway.

How do you know it would undermine anything? Could be part of the plan. Ujiri's a patient guy, I could see him making a move he thinks makes us better in the long term even if we take a bit of a hit on fit and chemistry in the short term.
              I agree that vision is important but equally important is how players fit with the roster. Rudy Gay was a good player but he didn't fit with our roster. Him being dealt was the reason for our end of the season success in 2013-14.

Its hard to predict chemistry without ever watching the players play together and I don't see why you would trade someone, you recently signed, before they even touch the hardwood of your court and show you how they mesh with the team. Unless, there is some unforeseen deal that has already been agreed upon prior to the signings then I could see how that makes sense. But I don't know what Masai has up his sleeve and i'm sure no one on this board does either.
              Last edited by BS10; Mon Aug 10, 2015, 08:06 PM.
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• You can't trade anyone recently signed until December anyways. Although I think you can trade the rookies after 30 days.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  no, not true, I debate the value of what he brings.

He scores 20ppg, that is without argue, that is value in and of itself.

I merely point out that his scoring is inefficient, and a large amount of that is due to our system and his opportunity.
                  So what your saying is that his deficiencies or inefficiencies or whatever you wanna call it, are NOT Derozan's faults, but the faults of the coaching staff and management for a poorly designed system that puts players in a position to fail?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                    So what your saying is that his deficiencies or inefficiencies or whatever you wanna call it, are NOT Derozan's faults, but the faults of the coaching staff and management for a poorly designed system that puts players in a position to fail?
                    YES, and they're deficient and/or inefficient. /s

Comment

• Tristan Thompson?🙏🏾

Comment

• "....NOT entirely his faults."
                        When DD was shooting 50%;taking less shots and passing more (7apg). Some of us thought that he was turning the corner and reaching the "next level" in his game.
                        But then, instead of encouraging him, Our Wile E. Coyote coach came out and said that he wanted Demar to be our scorer and that's what's he wants from him.

Shortly after, Demar went back to be Demar again.

JawsGT wrote: View Post

Comment

• LOL...
                          that actually could work out.
                          Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          The plan next season is to get an interview with Durant and sign Horford.

Comment

• Given that James is widely expected to re-sign in Cleveland on a series of short-term deals, a lion’s share of the ongoing rumor mill discussion is likely to fall to Durant. The Wizards, Nets, Knicks, Heat and Warriors have already popped up as possible Durant suitors. Durant said that the only people who would be privy to his free agency decision-making and licensed to speak publicly are himself, Kleiman, and Charlie Bell, his manager and best friend.

“I trust them with my life,” Durant said of Kleiman and Bell. “If you hear ‘sources’ or anything, don’t believe if it didn’t come from them. I tell them everything. We bounce ideas off of each other, we collaborate on a lot of different things. They give me advice. If you hear ‘sources’ or anything, it’s not true. … I am looking forward to [the scrutiny]. I can’t wait. Boo me. Call me any type of name in the book. Talk about my family. I’m ready for it.”

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/08/11/kev...a-city-thunder

KD so coming to toronto. 😛

Comment

• I'd say if KD wanted to come here, get rid of Lowry and let him run the point
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                                I'd say if KD wanted to come here, get rid of Lowry and let him run the point
                                why would we get rid of our best player, who is on a very reasonable contract, who would fit very well beside KD?

Comment

Working...
                                X