Casey: "We Have To Participate In The Trend Of Going Small At The End of Games"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distorsun wrote: View Post
    Kyle mentally checked out last year in the Poffs. Injuries or NOT, that is unacceptable. That's why Vince is not talked in the same breath as MJ and Isiah.
    heresy. vince and lowry in the same breath. everything else you wrote is pointless

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      thought last year just proved it didn't work in the playoffs to have him exhausted. if "ready for the playoffs" means trade him to you
      What killed his was Demar getting injured and Casey refusing to change things up offensively and defensively.

This resulted in an overexerted Lowry which led to injured Lowry, which led to tuning the coach out Lowry(over no doubt the stubborned refusal to change things up)

Lowry's minutes and play and minutes were fine before this change and that is where he needs to be, he is not wade that needs to be limited to 25 minutes a night, cause without the minutes Lowry will get sulky, complacent and willtune out the coach.

If a plan is to reduce his role and take away minutes then you should just trade him, cause it wont end well.

Comment

Kyle mentally checked out last year in the Poffs. Injuries or NOT, that is unacceptable. That's why Vince is not talked in the same breath as MJ and Isiah.
        LEADERS DO NOT CHECKED OUT. If they injured, they play through and modify their game, IF THEY CAN'T, THEY SIT it out and Encourage and motivate their teammates to keep fighting.
        That's what leaders do; and they do not send innuendo comments toward their coaches (even if they're incompetent).

Klow can't handle being the 1st or 2nd option. Once we get a legitimate #1 guy, he would be more effective. His body cannot handle all star minutes and usage, as we saw last year.

MU played reversed psychology on Kyle and it worked (in a contract year). But we all know what his ceiling is. His attitude has always been an issue and it still is imo. We could hope for a brand new Kyle physically speaking, but in his core he is who he is : a zebra doesn't change his stripes.

Kyle was a late bloomer as a player; I'm hoping for his sake that he is also a late bloomer from a leadership standpoint. Otherwise, his days in TO are numbered.
        Far worse things come from not giving Lowry a certain amount of opportunity. Klow feels entitled to a certain amount of the action and minutes.

Comment

• DON'T get mad at me.
          I'm not the one who faked the injury to get take out of a game.

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          heresy. vince and lowry in the same breath. everything else you wrote is pointless

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            He bailed out? WTF?

Here's a breakdown of his injuries after game 2.

I don't even know how anyone could question how much the guy wants it.

He led the entire NBA in offensive fouls drawn with 54. That is more than Greivis (18), Amir (11), TRoss (10), DeMar (9), and JJ (3) drew COMBINED.

In terms of charges drawn (4th in NBA), he had more than Greivis, Amir, DeMar, TRoss, JJ, AND PP drew combined.

You think he suddenly decided, "Welp, I don't have it, I guess I'm going to fold"??

Maybe if our coach wasn't outsmarted by Randy Wittman we might have had a chance. In the playoffs we had 9 lineups that played more than 5 minutes and had a negative rating; Lowry played on 5, but Vasquez played on SEVEN. Of our 8 players to play 100 minutes, Lowry had the second best Net Rating and Vasquez was dead last, 10.6 points worse than Lowry. In terms of on/off net, Lowry was again our second best player after Jonas, and was actually a positive 14.3 vs Vasquez's -11.9. (In this category TRoss was last with a -12.9.)

We said it here all season... Vasquez is toxic to our D. But our coach trotted him out over and over and over again.

I just don't understand how people could watch the games for the last two years and shit on a clearly-hobbled Lowry.
            I'm in agreement. Lowry didn't quit. He wasn't able to play up to the level he wanted combined with the losing and it brought out the worst of his competitive nature.

No question Lowry is the best player on this team followed by JV. JV may very well be better this season - we will find out.

With all that said, I don't think Lowry is here long term. I see Masai shifting to a faster, longer, and younger back court sooner than later with them being the analytic darlings that he clearly desires with his additions of late (Joseph, Wright, Carroll, Biyombo).

Comment

• Can't wait until this time next year when Casey is fired and Jonas gets the max

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Carroll is not a four.

Haven't we learned anything about trying to get guys to be something they are not?
                If we=Casey then no.

Comment

DON'T get mad at me.
                  I'm not the one who faked the injury to get take out of a game.
                  I'm not mad at you. People are entitled to their beliefs. However, when people make them public, the sheer ridiculousness of those beliefs will be pointed out, sometimes forcefully.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Atothe wrote: View Post
                    Can't wait until this time next year when Casey is fired and Jonas gets the max
                    Casey won't be fired unless it's mid-season. And hey, if Kanter is worth max, so is Jonas.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Casey won't be fired unless it's mid-season. And hey, if Kanter is worth max, so is Jonas.
                      Kanter's max is different from JV's max (they were in the same draft class, but JV played in Europe for a year after he was drafted). JV's max is in the $20-$25M range.

Comment

• Think this is the year we finally see DeMar at center.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Kanter's max is different from JV's max (they were in the same draft class, but JV played in Europe for a year after he was drafted). JV's max is in the $20-$25M range.
                          Yeah, the max for players with 0-6 years experience is slightly less than 25% of the cap. Since the cap is expected to jump to $90M next season, JV's max will be around $20M per year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Jonas at 25 Million per year?? No thank you!

I'd be okay with something similar to Kanter's contract extension.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              Think this is the year we finally see DeMar at center.
                              I really want to laugh at this but, given this coach has actually put Ross at the 4, it's an actual possibility.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                Jonas at 25 Million per year?? No thank you!

I'd be okay with something similar to Kanter's contract extension.
                                He's probably going to get more than Kanter considering his max is higher than Kanter's is.

I'm thinking re-signed, DeMar+JV will cost upwards of 40M per year.

Comment

Working...
                                X