Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charged and prosecuted are different things.

JV was thrown out.

JJ was domestic and apparently bogus hence charges dropped.

Lowry? What happened there? That was total dick if I recall he threw ball at female red during lockout, right? Was he prosecuted after?

Comment

• So cause he got away with it makes it better? Which is worse DUI or punching a guy in his face for being a douche to your mother?
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Here's everything people know about their charges, best I can gather:

Nothing about that makes me think he is a BAD guy. The victim got punched in the nose. Probably wouldn't have even been reported if they weren't Basketball players.
        I dunno. "Group attacks single victim" does tend to get some media coverage.

Felony assault also carries larger sentencing than regular assault charges. The minimum sentence varies by state but I don't know Arizona state law on this. Felony assault charges are worse crimes than the ones mentioned for JV, JJ and KL (at least in a legal sense - no moral judgment being made).
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          So cause he got away with it makes it better? Which is worse DUI or punching a guy in his face for being a douche to your mother?
          Legally, felony assault is worse.

JV didn't cause any damage or injuries which is why the charges were dropped.

Morris doesn't sound like the charges are being dropped, so obviously experts with more knowledge of the situation (lawyers) feel that it is more serious.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So cause he got away with it makes it better? Which is worse DUI or punching a guy in his face for being a douche to your mother?
            both show a lack of self control

the difference is JV was already our problem...and apparently his character is thought highly of in the organization. This is importing a potential problem
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Not sure why people keep harping on this DUI. The charges were dropped because he wasn't drunk. If he'd been drunk, he would have been charged. Pretty simple.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I'm not sure people understand words have meanings.

What you think happened and what actually happened are likely 2 different things.

Also, is everyone here of the opinion police never make mistakes?

Comment

What exactly makes him toxic? His run in with the law? If that's the case than Lowry/JJ/JV should be considered toxic as well.
                  It's all hearsay, but assuming media reports are true, then Morris forcing a trade by telling the media he's not going to co-operate with the Suns is toxic enough. Why? Because that attitude in itself lowers his trade value and handcuffs the Suns ability to grant him what he wants at a fair price. Even if you want out of your existing team, just be professional, keep your mouth shut and quietly work together with the organization on a fair trade. It helps both you and them to get a deal done.

Otherwise, he come across as acting like a selfish, whiny little butt-hurt b****, which has toxic consequences to the franchises as a trade asset.

Comment

• Phoenix Gets: PF Patrick Patterson and SG/SF Terrence Ross

Toronto Gets: SG Archie Goodwin, PF Markieff Morris and Cleveland's top-10 protected 2016 first-rounder

This trade article from Bleacher Report is a good one IMHO. MM is a good 4 and surrounding him with the vets in this team will be good for both parties.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Maybe it'd be good for the raps to infuse this team with some more bad asses. Why not have the record for most convictions in a raptors team and most wins in franchise history?
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

• While we're at it, someone get Mike Scott on the phone.
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                          While we're at it, someone get Mike Scott on the phone.
                          Lmao I think he's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            Phoenix Gets: PF Patrick Patterson and SG/SF Terrence Ross

Toronto Gets: SG Archie Goodwin, PF Markieff Morris and Cleveland's top-10 protected 2016 first-rounder

This trade article from Bleacher Report is a good one IMHO. MM is a good 4 and surrounding him with the vets in this team will be good for both parties.
                            I'd switch Goodwin for Suns 2020 1st round pick unprotected.
                            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              While we're at it, someone get Mike Scott on the phone.
                              We can be the detroit pistons of the north
                              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                that is not going to turn into who demar is better than, but i am not underselling demar at all. batum is a better talent than Demar, better shooter, passer, reboounder and defender. he takes alot less shots though.

Even though last season was not a good one for him, he has higher talent level in all areas than DD.

And like I posted at the start, I Was at other things and didnt overly think it through, and it was a just a basis of an idea.

Sipping on my tea this morning thinking about it, I think a DD for Batum move is more than fine, especially when you consider it isnt just for Batum, that is just one part of the deal because Batum cannot be traded in combination with any other players.

So it is really
                                Demar, Ppat and LAC 2017 first

for
                                Batum and Kief

With raps 2016 first and Zeller to Phoenix for Kief

That was my original thought, would prefer to remove Ppat from the deal altogether, but cannot see hoe that can work salarywise
                                yo man, the demar trade is a bad deal
                                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Working...
                                X