This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Down by 3 with 1:57 left, teammate gets a T then he picks up a T as it is being sorted out?

Pass.

Well I'm glad you're not in charge or we would've kept Calderon and let that bad apple Kyle Lowry go.

Comment

If 4 member of the Suns are in the top 15 than a change of location would benefit him
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
        Well I'm glad you're not in charge or we would've kept Calderon and let that bad apple Kyle Lowry go.
        Well, the ACTUAL man in charge had Lowry on his way out the door, by all accounts.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Well, the ACTUAL man in charge had Lowry on his way out the door, by all accounts.
          Touche

Comment

Morris and Powell is a fantastic name for a law firm though...I'm on board it th price is right.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Here's the leaders in techs last year, http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...technicalFouls.

It's filled with All-Stars and great pros. It's not a be-all-end-all indicator for a players personality.
              Lol @ Russ Westbrook getting 17 last year and Cousins getting 14. Pretty impressive stuff.

Edit:

I think technical fouls are more connected to a player's approach to the game and how intense their willing to play it. Quite simply, their passion. Perhaps its a bad on-court move however, at least it shows their passionate and are trying to win on their own terms.
              Last edited by BS10; Fri Aug 14, 2015, 01:36 PM.
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I'm sure there are many more who are happy I'm not in charge.

You could start a club.

Comment

i didnt really watch this guy too much ... looking at the stats, hes got good % but rebounds are lacking
                  and hell we need a rebounder

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                    I'd be on board for bringing in Morris, especially if Masai can get him at below his regular value since MM is clearly disgruntled and has already apparently leaked his list of teams. May be an opportunity where you get him for a lot less than it would have cost to acquire him when he was "happy" in Phoenix.

I think his character issues are overblown. I think his teammates in Phoenix liked him... He's just upset that he and his brother both resigned in Phoenix under the guise that they'd get to play the next few years together, only for Phoenix to ship out Marcus the first chance they got. I don't think his bitterness is really that unwarranted, even though the NBA can be a cut throat business.
                    (Felony assault charges. Yeesh). But I do think it sounds like they screwed him.

Playing with his (twin! how close are they?) brother was worth millions to them, year upon year for four years - and then the Suns just screwed him. Again, tho' I can't speak to his character, I do like that he simply, and in no uncertain terms, refuses to take a significant betrayal by management lying down. I really do.
                    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Aug 14, 2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                      I think Ross has more value than JJ and Scola and I don't want to give up value for a gut that may or may not be better than PPat. Basically, I only want Markieff for the lowest possible price, and Ross is too much.
                      This situation may have to be resolved well before December. And I don't think they are going to take his wishes into account at all. So I think the offer may have to be reasonable, at least.

So. Is Markieff a legit young starter, with four years on a great contract ... and maybe a guy we can't assume we can get in the draft ... or who'll contribute for awhile?

And ... is Ppat only a good bench guy?
                      Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Aug 14, 2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I see Markieff as a fringe starter the way Amir or Calderon were. He does some things well, but not well enough to make up for the things he doesn't do well. He's a good back up imo, and on par with PP. You're trading perimeter scoring for a better defender and toughness. I think it comes down to which fits better on your team. We can use the defense/toughness MM brings, but not at too high of a cost.

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
                          8$ mill for a starting caliber PF over the next 4 years is going to be a major steal, especially since he's only 25 and in his prime years, I hope Masai gets it done.
                          It does sound like "chump-change" in the new NBA.

Comment

1. Go to Basketball-Reference.com

2. Compare 2Pat and Markieff Morris' last two seasons, which are almost identical

3. Ask self "is Morris so much greater a player than Patterson that he qualifies as an upgrade considering the fact that he appears to be a major douche"

4. Reply "no"

5. Go get a burger because all this advanced analysis made you hungry

6. mmmm, burger

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                              It does sound like "chump-change" in the new NBA.
                              Yea, having him + lowry for under 20 mil is golden for us. 2 starting quality players for 1/5th of your salary cap over the next couple of years is an excellent move, especially if MM plays good basketball for the team.
                              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                I see Markieff as a fringe starter the way Amir or Calderon were. He does some things well, but not well enough to make up for the things he doesn't do well. He's a good back up imo, and on par with PP. You're trading perimeter scoring for a better defender and toughness. I think it comes down to which fits better on your team. We can use the defense/toughness MM brings, but not at too high of a cost.
                                I'm hoping since PHX is desperate that we're not sending them PP but rather sending Ross & JJ or something along those lines.

If the Raps are trading PP then it's all in with Kieff as our PF which would be too risky of a idea and I can't see MU doing that. If you can keep PP and get a chance to take a flyer on Kieff it's win/win, either the change in scenery works out and we get a cheap, good young player or it doesn't and we lose out on a couple of guys that probably wouldn't be here in 2 years anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X