This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Difference is, Dragic still played reasonably well for them until the day he was traded. Again, it's all hearsay, but Morris is talking about never playing for the Suns again, and being a jerk when he's there. IF this report is true, then this is clearly toxic. Dragic never did anything even close to this....

http://arizonasports.com/2015/08/12/...-phoenix-suns/
    If anything Dragic ensured Phoenix received something for him.

Brandon Knight and 2 unprotected picks in 2019 and 2021 when most of their current roster is retired or in last legs is a pretty good get for a guy who only made clear he wouldn't resign....oh, and that was his right as an UFA.

Morris has a multi year contract.

Apples and oranges.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      I do agree with that.

If we get morris, it is to move Ppat to the bench role he had last year, and excelled in imo.

It would have to be a bigger deal, and most likely would need to involve Demar as the only logical other piece on our end.

Unless MM has dropped so far in value that a deal centered around JJ would work.
      Pretty sure PP is coming off the bench behind Scola already. PP will get starters minutes likely, but fairly certain the team has already said that Scola will start.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Pretty sure PP is coming off the bench behind Scola already. PP will get starters minutes likely, but fairly certain the team has already said that Scola will start.
        oh boy...

Comment

wow, really?

I havent seen anything about that. lol...thats fucking nuts...

Thought I read reports implying Ppat was starting....

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            oh boy...
            Snooch wrote: View Post
            wow, really?

We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

wow, really?

It is something you could expect from DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
                Casey you cheeky bastard

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, FG% is just one piece of a larger puzzle. When all other pieces point in the other direction, not sure you can claim FG% trumps.

I see the players as very close. MM is slightly better but slightly isn't worth the cost. Stick with PP/Scola until a better option comes along (trade/draft).
                  And this is the key.

What would PP look like if he had 13.4 FGA per game and nearly 32mins?

To add to that, while MM is locked up longer, PP is still $2m less per season for this year and next.

Then we always come back to the intangibles. It is known PP fits the team, culture, and locker room.

And finally, if Masai is going to put together a trade package, in the next 5-6 of months, who is likely to have more trade value? Due to Morris' actions on and off the court and especially the unknown off the court with felony assault charges, I would say PP (just my opinion, I really don't know).

Comment

• I don't think most people were suggesting trading PP for Morris. I think the idea was to get MM for some package of guys like JJ, Bebe and Ross which would make the team better.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                      I don't think most people were suggesting trading PP for Morris. I think the idea was to get MM for some package of guys like JJ, Bebe and Ross which would make the team better.
                      Trading Ross is a bad Idea imo, He is still very young, was hurt last season, and should fill that bench role nicely.

Comment

Trading Ross is a bad Idea imo, He is still very young, was hurt last season, and should fill that bench role nicely.
                        I actually like Ross and have hope for him to become a good bench scorer. But the fact is he's not really that young. He's 24 and it's not like he's been glued to the bench like most later bloomers (like Carroll for example), he's getting awfully close to that 6000 minute mark that people like to talk about (don't really agree with that but whatever) and hasn't shown much other than he can get streaky with the 3.

Not saying I wouldn't like to see how he develops (I've even advocated for extending him if we can get him for cheap), but if all it takes to get MM (per DanH's suggestion) is Ross and Bebe, I'm pulling the trigger on that because it's a huge talent upgrade. PP moves to the bench and replaces Ross' shooting and it would just mean more minutes for CoJo and Delon.

Comment

Raps have to send out at least ~$5.3m in salary. Would take more than Ross anyways.

Rockets are in ever tougher bind up against the luxury threshold and need to work with 125%+100k. Only options are to trade Ariza or 3 of 4 of Jones/Montiejunas/Capela/Dekkar. So no, he isn't going to Houston before December 15th.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Raps have to send out at least ~$5.3m in salary. Would take more than Ross anyways.

Rockets are in ever tougher bind up against the luxury threshold and need to work with 125%+100k. Only options are to trade Ariza or 3 of 4 of Jones/Montiejunas/Capela/Dekkar. So no, he isn't going to Houston before December 15th.
                            DanH suggested Ross+Bebe which passes that 5.3M threshold I believe.

Comment

• I'd rather pay Morris $8M a year than Ross at this point.. so I'd do the Ross+JJ trade (really like JJ but Morris and Carroll would get most of the minutes he got last year). I wouldn't trade Bebe.. still like his potential and I'm sure he'd have no problems playing in the D League if he had to.

Comment

wow, really?

Casey apparently said that "Patterson is better off the bench" - so the train of thought was that Scola will start (this comment was made after the Scola signing).
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X