Anybody still have faith in Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Is wrote: View Post
    Personally still have a lot of faith in T-Ross. Think people have talked themselves into way over hating on the guy for things that really have no substance. Like my favourite one was the repeated calls of him being lazy or having a bad work ethic. There's almost no proof of that (even moreso when there have been other coaches (like Doc Rivers last summer) talking about the work he put in). I have no problem with not liking a player's performance on the court but don't make sh*t up or just assume things and then blame them for that too.

For a guy playing out of position at the SF and having a down year, he's still put up great shooting numbers. I think he'll be fine this season (even moreso if the system changes from the ISO-bs of last year). Personally still think he has the potential to be at least a solid starter in this league and even his floor is still a pretty good role player.
    Agreead a million percent on the work ethic shit....

Just cause he doesnt post walmart videos of him dribbling online.....

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
      Ross seems too... mentally balanced.

Great for regular day life.... but not so much for basketball.

Im torn. I like that he has he shit together, but also wish he was an unbalanced competitor type.

Gotta have that chip on the shoulder.
      Need to HAVE to win.

I don't think Ross needs to win. But then I have never met this guy, and this post, is actually bullshit.

Lmao, I've never thought of it this way but I could see that being very accurate actually. Probably why a lot of us here give him such a hard time.

We aren't exactly the most "balanced" group, and tend to lean towards extremes.

Comment

Trade for Bennett and Shabazz Muhammad + Dieng for TRoss +BeBe + Ronald. This will improve your bench. Dieng is expensive too be included, but to get rid of Bennett you have to give up Lavine or Dieng.
        Raptors end up with Shabazz Muhammad who has just lost 30lbs and is 6'6 with a 6'11 inch arm reach and a 19.9 PER last year. He will contest with Powell and JJ for the 2/3 bench support. His December before injury last year as a SF was 18 pts a game and a high of 30 points. Bennett will replace Scola next year, and can spend a year learning here.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
          Trade for Bennett and Shabazz Muhammad + Dieng for TRoss +BeBe + Ronald. This will improve your bench. Dieng is expensive too be included, but to get rid of Bennett you have to give up Lavine or Dieng.
          Raptors end up with Shabazz Muhammad who has just lost 30lbs and is 6'6 with a 6'11 inch arm reach and a 19.9 PER last year. He will contest with Powell and JJ for the 2/3 bench support. His December before injury last year as a SF was 18 pts a game and a high of 30 points. Bennett will replace Scola next year, and can spend a year learning here.
          Wolves would never do that

Comment

Wolves would never do what, trade Dieng or trade Bennett and Muhammad?

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
              Wolves would never do what, trade Dieng or trade Bennett and Muhammad?
              Trade those three with for Ross and Bebe

Comment

So Ross + Bebe for Bennett plus Muhammad. That seems a reasonable deal. That works financially under the trade Guidelines of the CBA.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  If only we could meld DeMars mentality with Ross' talent. Oddly enough it still wouldn't be as good as a prime VC.
                  i would not like that at all demars mentality is horrible he just chokes and doesnt pass efficiently he is pratically another rudy gay

Comment

CA$H MONEY wrote: View Post
                    i would not like that at all demars mentality is horrible he just chokes and doesnt pass efficiently he is pratically another rudy gay
                    If either DeMar or Rudy could shoot or defend the way Ross is capable of, they would be lesser versions of Kobe Bryant. It takes a certain selfishness and confidence to be an elite level player. DD and Rudy have that partially, but are lacking in the talent/skill level. Believe me if DD was a better shooter (like Ross)...want to say nobody would complain...but maybe I should say you'd have a damn good player.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      Ross seems too... mentally balanced.

Great for regular day life.... but not so much for basketball.

Im torn. I like that he has he shit together, but also wish he was an unbalanced competitor type.

Gotta have that chip on the shoulder.
                      Need to HAVE to win.

I don't think Ross needs to win. But then I have never met this guy, and this post, is actually bullshit.

That, to me, qualifies as a (self-effacing) mensch post.

Comment

I really like Ross still. Elite shooter with potential to be a good (not great) defender

However this means turning him into a passive, catch and shoot guy, rather than a pull up jump shooter and slasher like DD

Posters here a very guilty of wanting Ross to become a slasher because he has the tools. I say screw it, let him stand on the perimeter and jack threes. He's good at it. Plenty of really good players have had successful careers with just that ability...so why should we be judging Ross by a different measuring stick?

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          I really like Ross still. Elite shooter with potential to be a good (not great) defender

However this means turning him into a passive, catch and shoot guy, rather than a pull up jump shooter and slasher like DD

Posters here a very guilty of wanting Ross to become a slasher because he has the tools. I say screw it, let him stand on the perimeter and jack threes. He's good at it. Plenty of really good players have had successful careers with just that ability...so why should we be judging Ross by a different measuring stick?
                          Agree. Ross is a VERY useful bench player he's only dissapointing for some because of the ridiculous t mac/ray allen comparisons.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Ross is fine as a backup SG playing limited minutes with a defined role (i.e. catch and shoot threes). The expectations that some fans had for him were/are outsized for his talent level.

It was never clear to me where those expectations came from because there was nothing in his pedigree that suggested stardom or anything close. Perhaps it was the fact he was taken so high or the slam dunk competition nonsense or the Raptor media folks hyping him up constantly but, whatever the case, it created expectations that were neither fair nor reasonable, which leads to all the stupid old school sports nonsense like he doesn't work hard enough or isn't mean enough.... no, he's just not, and never has been or will be, that good.

Comment

I feel he lets the media get to him, and that has hindered him along with him playing out of his natural position for a ton of the time.

Plus, he needs to figure out a way to get inside more. He has tremendous speed and dunking ability, but he never uses it unless he has a clear path.

Ross needs to be a mixture guy: A slasher with a 3 as a back-up weapon.

Who does this make you think of almost instantly in today's NBA at SG?
                              Last edited by Cody73; Thu Aug 27, 2015, 06:03 PM.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Ray Allen avg about 3 FT a game post Seatle. Ross needs to get better but nobody should be expecting anything close to Demar who can't shoot on the perimeter but can shoot from almost anywhere mid-range and handles the ball alot

Comment

Working...
                                X