Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 reasons why Durant will be a Raptor next summer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    True but his buddy who happens to play PF, defend at elite level and shoot from midrange (all ideal traits next to JV) is even more than the average anyone. Their relationship would give us the leg up over Griffin for example (and Ibaka would be a much better fit than Griffin).
    I know Ibaka would be ideal next to JV.... I cant' bring myself to think about it though.

Griffin is never coming. He is the only one still with Meek Mill's back.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      I know Ibaka would be ideal next to JV.... I cant' bring myself to think about it though.

Lol +1, Eff Weak Millz!!
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Come on man, one step closer to KD, one step closer to Ibaka (plus the Africa connection!!!) and bam, NBA CHAMPIONS!!!!
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          Come on man, one step closer to KD, one step closer to Ibaka (plus the Africa connection!!!) and bam, NBA CHAMPIONS!!!!
          I forgot all about Africa!!

Jamal Murray
          Durant
          Carroll
          Ibaka
          JV

That is your 2017-18 starting lineup!!

Comment

I forgot all about Africa!!

Jamal Murray
            Durant
            Carroll
            Ibaka
            JV

That is your 2017-18 starting lineup!!
            This team would have a combine wingspan of about 35'5"

MY GOD!

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              This team would have a combine wingspan of about 35'5"

MY GOD!
              For reference, the wingspan of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter is also 35'.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

It's all in Drake's hands.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

#IBelieveInDrake
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    For reference, the wingspan of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter is also 35'.
                    Toronto Raptors F-35's

Comment

It will be OKC, Wizards or us.

Comment

10) Child hood dream was to play with Toronto. The Raptors can prove #DreamsCanComeTrue.

9) The Raptors payroll is set up to pay him a max contract....and someone else in 2017.

8) Dwane Casey's contract is up. KD can pick his own coach *cough*Kevin Ollie*cough* Ollie just finalized his divorce - no wife to appease, no baggage to check!

7) He has a perimeter defender in Toronto (Carroll) who will take the tougher wing check night in and night out. Decreases wear and tear plus amount of energy expended each game on defense.

6) The Raptors have the means to pay luxury tax unlike OKC and Toronto is a major international city unlike OKC. Toronto can offer a 2 year max with player option in year 3 allowing him to opt out again and take full advantage of rising salary cap. How will OKC feel about letting him opt out to sign for more? ....again with Westbrook and Ibaka looking to be paid as well.

5) Raptors fans are the best. What other team's fans stand outside the arena for a first round playoff series? And even for AWAY games?

4) Durant could end up in OKC alone as both Westbrook and Ibaka are free agents in 2017 - and all three are max players (see #6 again).

3) The West is brutal - especially relying on rookie contract players and journey men to round out the roster. The East is an easier mountain to climb - especially with a roster of established role players, promising prospects, future draft picks, and financial flexibility.

2) Drake. Raptors have their own, better version of Chandler Parsons.

....and the number 1 reason why Kevin Durant will be a Raptor:

1) NO ONE THINKS IT WILL HAPPEN!
                        ....well, besides a few (or one) obsessed and insane RR poster(s).
                        Check all the stories of Durant to Toronto and read the comments. Even posters here don't believe it. Leiweke and Ujiri aren't effing around here people. Think BIG!
                        BONUS REASON!

Toronto is likely only team with assets to facilitate a sign and trade.

Durant, for all intents and purposes, seems like a good guy. The Raptors are the only team vying for his services that are going to be able to offer a package of former all-star entering prime (DeRozan) and draft picks (rights to own 2016 pick possibly and 2017 picks) in a possible sign and trade. This also benefits Raptors for 2017 free agency as to be in position to offer another max contract, Raptors will likely not want the cap hit associated with 2 more first round picks. With Oklahoma in the West, no issue for Toronto about making a conference rival better.

So something like DeRozan and rights to Raps own 2016 pick and Raps own 2017 pick for Durant.

Comment

Not to be negative but we can't ignore the fact that OKC will probably have a great bounce back season...

To get Durant, I think we have to:

-Get 50+ wins
                          -Get JV to have a really better season than Enes Kanter
                          -Get a really good season from Lowry, Carroll and Patterson
                          -Get the Thunder to suck

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            Not to be negative but we can't ignore the fact that OKC will probably have a great bounce back season...

-Get 50+ wins
                            -Get the Thunder to suck

OKC and Thunder are only in it to win it at this point.

If they don't make Finals, dun-dun-dunnnnnnnnnnn

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post

-Get 50+ wins
                              -Get the Thunder to suck
                              OKC and Thunder are only in it to win it at this point.

If they don't make Finals, dun-dun-dunnnnnnnnnnn
                              Thunder are essentially at their ceiling.

Contract status of KD, Westbrook and Ibaka looming gives them a pretty small window before they have to start gutting the roster (if they can keep their stars) to make it work financially there.

I think the Raps don't necessarily need to be 50 wins but being competitive and big signs from JV, KL and Carroll are key.

If those three Raps perform well, then KD can see how we are on the rise (in the easier conference) while OKC might have peaked and could be in for hard times. I don't think KD would want to stay if Westbrook were gone and I think that uncertainty helps us a lot.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Sign (or S&T) Durant, draft Murray... dare to dream...

Comment

Working...
                                X