Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 reasons why Durant will be a Raptor next summer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna see Drake and KD cuttin' up verses wit' the weeknd hookin up those angelic vocals on a record, shit would go immediately to #1 on the billboards. Word up

KD is already showing his colours of what city he is reppin'

dat blue and white mannnnnn
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
      Washington has 44 million tied up in:
      Wall
      Beal's Qualifying offer
      Gortat
      Oubre
      Porter

6 guys....

plus
      Non guarantees of:
      Martell Webster 5,845,250
      Kris Humphries 4,630,000
      Drew Gooden 3,547,000
      DeJuan Blair 2,000,000
      For 16 million

Draft pick of 1.5 million ish.

They could easily offer him the max, but they are really lacking.......everything.....

They got a no shoot pg(doesnt work with KD imo)
      The got a great shooting sg. but he cannot guard the best offensive player(doesnt work with KD
      They have no pf
      They have Gortat(old, doesnt work with a young KD)

Our Depth is far superior.
      Thanks for the breakdown, can't get it done at work.

Yea I think we have the better fit by far, and i think the big game changer is DC. Like you said they can't slap Beal on an opposing SF, where DC can cover either position.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
        Washington has 44 million tied up in:
        Wall
        Beal's Qualifying offer
        Gortat
        Oubre
        Porter

6 guys....

plus
        Non guarantees of:
        Martell Webster 5,845,250
        Kris Humphries 4,630,000
        Drew Gooden 3,547,000
        DeJuan Blair 2,000,000
        For 16 million

Draft pick of 1.5 million ish.

They could easily offer him the max, but they are really lacking.......everything.....

They got a no shoot pg(doesnt work with KD imo)
        The got a great shooting sg. but he cannot guard the best offensive player(doesnt work with KD
        They have no pf
        They have Gortat(old, doesnt work with a young KD)

Our Depth is far superior.
        If Durant is ok playing PF, a Wall/Beal/Porter/Durant lineup would be fantastic. I think Wall's playmaking ability is underrated, and Porter could turn into a lock-down perimeter defender. They could also add a solid young PF (draft, trade or free agency, since they'd around $70M with Durant) to allow Durant to slide back into the SF spot, with Porter (or Beal if Porter continues to develop) coming off the bench and for a small-ball lineup.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          If Durant is ok playing PF, a Wall/Beal/Porter/Durant lineup would be fantastic. I think Wall's playmaking ability is underrated, and Porter could turn into a lock-down perimeter defender. They could also add a solid young PF (draft, trade or free agency, since they'd around $70M with Durant) to allow Durant to slide back into the SF spot, with Porter (or Beal if Porter continues to develop) coming off the bench and for a small-ball lineup.
          That a couple of big coulds.

Wall is a fantastic playmaker, I really like him, but I dont think he is a great fit next to Durant. but Lowry is a good playmaker and a far superior off the ball player than Wall, imo. which is a better fit next to Durant.

Wall doesnt do a whole lot outside of handling the ball, he is a terrible shooter, with terrible mechanics.

Porter is FAR worse. Porter will give NO spacing to Durant at all and constantly allow an easy double on KD.

Beal is a good fit offensively, absolutely, but defensively he is bad. Porter is a good fit defensively, but bad offensively.

Carrol is a good fit on both sides of the court.

Lowry and Carrol fit better.

And that is completely ignoring that we can add a damn good PF ourselves thorugh trade, draft or FA.

Comment

Any lineup with Durant is probably going to be fantastic, but I dont see that lineup as a contender.

I think the pitch of Lowry/DC with (Oh god how i hope) a dominant JV in the paint is a lot closer to contention, and relies a lot less on what players could turn into. (Which really is a moot point because Stormin Normin is the next coming of Wade, plus we got the Brazilian KD himself. Don't even get me started on wright/JKidd /s)

We also have a probable Lottery pick to use this year, with cap space to add a strong pf down the road.

I'm really selling myself on KD to toronto. Success this year should be measured on how we finish compared to Washington.

Comment

Wall is a very good playmaker, but he does it off his drive and kick game which collapses the defense and finds open shooters. It doesn't make much sense for a guy like Durant to play off him - half the time Durant would be driving into a collapsed D, the rest of the time he'd be spot up shooting. Lowry's better perimeter shooting would be a much better fit.

Also, I don't agree at all that DD has to be here to recruit Durant. Besides the cap space problem, why would Durant join a team that's set at all three perimeter starting spots? You'd also have immediate usage problems. Durant would fit GREAT between Carroll and Lowry, no DD needed.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
                Any lineup with Durant is probably going to be fantastic, but I dont see that lineup as a contender.

I think the pitch of Lowry/DC with (Oh god how i hope) a dominant JV in the paint is a lot closer to contention, and relies a lot less on what players could turn into. (Which really is a moot point because Stormin Normin is the next coming of Wade, plus we got the Brazilian KD himself. Don't even get me started on wright/JKidd /s)

We also have a probable Lottery pick to use this year, with cap space to add a strong pf down the road.

I'm really selling myself on KD to toronto. Success this year should be measured on how we finish compared to Washington.
                Lowry/Durant/Carroll/?/JV would absolutely give the Cavs a hell of a series.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The team to really fear is Houston. They'd need to trade either Ariza or Brewer for cap space; drop Lawson; and drop either Jones/Donatus.

That's enough for about $25.1M.

Howard/Jones/KD/Harden//Beverley is a pretty rocking core. I'm sure they'll be able to get ring chasers to join them as well.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    The team to really fear is Houston. They'd need to trade either Ariza or Brewer for cap space; drop Lawson; and drop either Jones/Donatus.

That's enough for about $25.1M.

Howard/Jones/KD/Harden//Beverley is a pretty rocking core. I'm sure they'll be able to get ring chasers to join them as well.
                    Only if Howard is healthy, otherwise that's not a group I'd say is better off than OKC. Fairly lateral move while staying in the West.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Sounds like a plan!

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Only if Howard is healthy, otherwise that's not a group I'd say is better off than OKC. Fairly lateral move while staying in the West.
                        True.. but Houston has star power (and one of his closest friends) and that might be enough to entice KD. Howard could also opt out and look for a long term deal. They'd then be able to go after someone like Horford or Noah if they wanted to.

I'm more scared of Houston than Washington.

Comment

Beal is super streaky and a bit over-rated, IMO. Never had a PER or ORTG above league average in 3 seasons. What Beal has had is a couple of nice playoff series and he shoots a decent 3P% - which has built up his reputation. You think people pick apart Derozan around here, I can only imagine the eventual discussions on Beal: inefficient, undersized SG, average wingspan, poor defender, etc...., which would all be supported by some pretty solid numbers.

Comment

Not sure why wall would not be a good fit, because he creates so many easy looks for one of the best shooters in the game. he is also a great defender. Wall/beal/kd would be potent, and if beal makes a leap like most expect him to, that team could be really good. They do lack the depth and big men tho, so to me that option is no better than staying in OKC

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Not sure why wall would not be a good fit, because he creates so many easy looks for one of the best shooters in the game. he is also a great defender. Wall/beal/kd would be potent, and if beal makes a leap like most expect him to, that team could be really good. They do lack the depth and big men tho, so to me that option is no better than staying in OKC
                              Because kd is going to want the ball, and whoever is guarding Wall will play off of him a lot. I'm sure he isn't gonna want to spot up for three all game either while watching wall handle the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                1) NO ONE THINKS IT WILL HAPPEN!
                                ....well, besides a few (or one) obsessed and insane RR poster(s).
                                Check all the stories of Durant to Toronto and read the comments. Even posters here don't believe it. Leiweke and Ujiri aren't effing around here people. Think BIG!

Comment

Working...
                                X