Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is T Ross underappreciated by the Raptors fan base?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ross isnt 23. hes 24 and is going to turn 25 early in the new year

He is pretty much a finished product. At this point in his career, he will never reach the level of batum, parsons, and certainly not green. His best case now is a fringe starter on a mediocre team/3 & d bench wing on a good team.

But again, those 3 & d bench wings are still really important, and hes going to have a long career because of it
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Ross' cap hold is probably the amount needed to replace him. Demar on the other hand frees up enough to sign a Horford.

Comment

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        He is pretty much a finished product. At this point in his career, he will never reach the level of batum, parsons, and certainly not green.
        Why, none of them were much better at the same stages of their careers?
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

This season will determine Ross imo. He is playing his natural position and off the bench. If he disappoints like he has, then good luck with the rest of your career. Hoping he does well though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He is pretty much a finished product. At this point in his career, he will never reach the level of batum, parsons, and certainly not green. His best case now is a fringe starter on a mediocre team/3 & d bench wing on a good team.

But again, those 3 & d bench wings are still really important, and hes going to have a long career because of it
            How can someone who defends Demar as being a guy who can improve still at the age of 26 call a guy who is 24 a finished product.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              Why, none of them were much better at the same stages of their careers?
              well, the only thing similar between ross and batum was their three point shooting, everything else, batum was superior in.

when parsons was a rookie at 23 years old, his numbers were comparable to ross, but he was also still a rookie at the time still getting accustomed to the nba. And ross had already been accustomed to the nba since it was his third year
              EDIT: i just looks up the stats, and parsons was grabbing 5 boards and 2 assists, while ross grabbed a stong 3 boards and 1 assists

and green plays for the spurs man, unless ross goes to the spurs, wins a ring, sets an nba record for threes in the playoffs. i dont really know how to argue this one...

So the only thing comparable is their threepoint shooting really, everything else is not similar at all
              Last edited by yabadabayolo; Wed Oct 21, 2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                How can someone who defends Demar as being a guy who can improve still at the age of 26 call a guy who is 24 a finished product.
                i, personally, have never said demar can improve at 26.

but sure, lebron can improve at age 30, so why cant demar

Comment

well, the only thing similar between ross and batum was their three point shooting, everything else, batum was superior in.

when parsons was a rookie at 23 years old, his numbers were comparable to ross, but he was also still a rookie at the time still getting accustomed to the nba. And ross had already been accustomed to the nba since it was his third year
                  EDIT: i just looks up the stats, and parsons was grabbing 5 boards and 2 assists, while ross grabbed a stong 3 boards and 1 assists

and green plays for the spurs man, unless ross goes to the spurs, wins a ring, sets an nba record for threes in the playoffs. i dont really know how to argue this one...

So the only thing comparable is their threepoint shooting really, everything else is not similar at all
                  All the stats are in the OP. The gap between Batum and Ross isn't very much at all when you think of the factors impacting assists. Did you read the OP or are just going off the player names?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Ross was the worst, I repeat, the worst defender at SF in the entire NBA last year. He was tied with GV for worst DRTG on the entire team with an awful 110. Why the fuck do people still keep calling him a 3&D player when his defense is quite literally the worst.

Comment

Not sure underappreciated is the word but there's probably some truth in here in that the expectations for Ross have been outsized to his skill level and pedigree. He was a big reach as a mid-lotto pick and he's basically played to form in the NBA. I think Ross will be fine this year in a more limited bench role and playing in-position at the SG spot, which is where he belongs. Last year he was being asked to play out of position at the SF spot, while defending the other team's best wing on a day-to-day basis and that's simply too much to ask from him.

Comment

i, personally, have never said demar can improve at 26.

but sure, lebron can improve at age 30, so why cant demar
                        I must have confused you with someone else...but it has been said...

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                          Ross was the worst, I repeat, the worst defender at SF in the entire NBA last year. He was tied with GV for worst DRTG on the entire team with an awful 110. Why the fuck do people still keep calling him a 3&D player when his defense is quite literally the worst.
                          last year was an anomaly.

He was out of position and injured.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            All the stats are in the OP. The gap between Batum and Ross isn't very much at all when you think of the factors impacting assists. Did you read the OP or are just going off the player names?
                            either way, the gap between the two players is huge. I just didnt trust the op for a second because you said only batum played in the nba at 23, but parsons did too. so i double checked the stats. no big deal tho...

So back on topic, lets forget about assists for a second. batum can guard 1 through 4. and is near elite at guarding 1 through 3. while ross gets abused on defense.

and batum also rebounds at a much higher clip than ross. hes also bigger than ross. longer than ross. I can go on forever

and lets not forget this:

After this, the only major comparisons between the two is the fact that they can both shoot threes...
                            Last edited by yabadabayolo; Wed Oct 21, 2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

2Pats was also a terrible C for rebounds and GV a terrible end game stopper. Best solution don't use them that way

Comment

either way, the gap between the two players is huge. I just didnt trust the op for a second because you said only batum played in the nba at 23, but parsons did too. so i double checked the stats. no big deal tho...

So back on topic, lets forget about assists for a second. batum can guard 1 through 4. and is near elite at guarding 1 through 3. while ross gets abused on defense.

and batum also rebounds at a much higher clip than ross. hes also bigger than ross. longer than ross. I can go on forever

and lets not forget this:

After this, the only major comparisons between the two is the fact that they can both shoot threes...
                                Typographic error on my part. Meant that only Batum and Ross were really the same ages as rookies and thus their age 23 seasons would be more comparable. Doesn't change the stats.

Ross shouldn't play SF. Pretty sure we all knew that when he was drafted, too slender of a build.

I think you are overrating the rebounding difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X