Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks and Denver loss tracker for 2016 Lottery Pick surprise (thanks, Masai)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    No. The guy has bust written all over him.
    Why do you think that
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Why do you think that
      I just don't see an NBA player there.

And let's be honest here, who was the last successful NBA player from China? that would be Yao Ming. He was also the first.

I remember just a few years ago, there was a guy that the Milwaukee Bucks took in the lottery(i forgot his name). There was a lot of hype, the Chinese Dirk Nowitzki they say lol. I remember a story before the draft where this guy said that he wanted to play/hoped he get drafted by a big market team like the Knicks, Celtics etc and i think he was upset that the Bucks drafted him.

He played 1 year in Milwaukee, traded to New Jersey the following year. I don't even know what happened since. He was terrible.
      Last edited by The Great One; Thu Nov 26, 2015, 10:22 PM.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Yi Jianlian.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And let's be honest here, who was the last successful NBA player from China? that would be Yao Ming. He was also the first.

I remember just a few years ago, there was a guy that the Milwaukee Bucks took in the lottery(i forgot his name). There was a lot of hype, the Chinese Dirk Nowitzki they say lol. I remember a story before the draft where this guy said that he wanted to play/hoped he get drafted by a big market team like the Knicks, Celtics etc and i think he was upset that the Bucks drafted him.

He played 1 year in Milwaukee, traded to New Jersey the following year. I don't even know what happened since. He was terrible.
          Yeah, your talking about Yi. I just think China is due for a good player.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Zhou looks like a solid C prospect, but there's no point comparing him to Porzingis unless he's a natural 4 which I'm pretty confident he's not.

Comment

yi was his name. he still lives off of the draft. his commercials here splatter his chinese team with his nba teams highlights.

Comment

• Thinks are settling in nicely after the Knicks and heat were basically tied at the half (Knicks are now down by 20). Come on Spurs!

Comment

• Another NYK loss, now 3 in a row, and back under .500.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    Another NYK loss, now 3 in a row, and back under .500.
                    HEAT destroyed em
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Denver is playing the Spurs tonight, should be another loss for them as well.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Keep the L's coming Denver and NYK
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• SA resting Duncan. They are deploying Boban Marjanovicas as C. WTF is up with his ears? They must of dug him up from Eisengard

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                            Who do they knock off?

That's what I find hard to find. 5 of last year's 8 teams are pretty much locks to make the playoffs (assuming no major injuries): Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago, Toronto, Washington. That leaves 3 spots open. At this point, two out of those three spots look to be locked for Miami and Indiana. That leaves one spot open right now and I don't think I would put New York ahead of Boston, Milwaukee, Detroit and maybe Orlando or even Charlotte for that last spot. I retract the Charlotte one (even if they have a nice record right now).

Huh, just realized how strong the East looks this year. Good.
                            Indianna won't keep this up. Paul George is playing like a freak, but once he goes down again (Which I can see happening)...... Indy's done like dinner.

Miami also needs to stay healthy.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Zhou looks like a solid C prospect, but there's no point comparing him to Porzingis unless he's a natural 4 which I'm pretty confident he's not.
                              ESPN has him ranked as a PF. Kristaps was ranked as a Center just cause he grew to 7'2 in the last year but, ended up a PF. I think the same thing will happen to Qi.

If his only problem is his frame than I think he'll be a steal in the late lottery. 7'-7" wingspan, extremely agile for 7-2 and shooting touch out to the 3. Its hard to find that in one player.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                ESPN has him ranked as a PF. Kristaps was ranked as a Center just cause he grew to 7'2 in the last year but, ended up a PF. I think the same thing will happen to Qi.

If his only problem is his frame than I think he'll be a steal in the late lottery. 7'-7" wingspan, extremely agile for 7-2 and shooting touch out to the 3. Its hard to find that in one player.
                                This right here makes it 50/50 at least that Ujiri finds a way to pick him.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X