Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks and Denver loss tracker for 2016 Lottery Pick surprise (thanks, Masai)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Don't forget Muscala as the backup big. He's a team option for $1M. Splitter is super expendable.
    Yeah. Basically the point is there's going to be major competition for Durant, even if the Wizards aren't looking like much of a player now.

The nuclear option is Golden State.

Klay - 16.6M
    Green - 15.5M
    Bogut - 11M
    Curry - 12.1M (BC signing DD to a 3+1 instead of flat 4 year deal coming back to bite us, Curry signed his deal the same year)
    Iggy - 11.1M
    Total: 66.3M

Now in theory. They could decide they no longer need Bogut, and ask Ezeli to chill for a bit. Trade Bogut's 11M expiring elsewhere (or as part of a S&T for Durant), sign KD, then re-up Festus.

Not sure the Warriors would be willing to sacrifice their depth to do that (they'd lose Livingston, Barbosa, Barnes and Speights), but... dear Lord... if that happens it's night night for the rest of the league.

Comment

• Dont recall anyone stating that there would not be many teams clamouring for durant

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        Dont recall anyone stating that there would not be many teams clamouring for durant

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
        Almost every team will be jumping at the chance to sign KD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, I mis - added, thank you for pointing that all out and clearing that all up

doesnt change things much though. Looking at dumoing either splitter or Teague for nothing and signing Durnat then having only 11 guys on roster and being WAY over the cap(after signing Horford)

or
          Drop drop a cobination of at least 3 probably 4 players and signing Durant and having only 8 guys on roster and being way over teh cap.

It just is not reasonable at all to think that ATL is in the running for Durant......unless they are looking to let Horford Go.
          San Antonio dumped Splitter to sign Aldridge...

Why would Atlanta not do the same to sign Durant I'm really confused now?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            San Antonio dumped Splitter to sign Aldridge...

Why would Atlanta not do the same to sign Durant I'm really confused now?
            SA was signing a bigman back.

Atl would not be.

thats one reason why it may not be the most beneficial move.

Comment

SA was signing a bigman back.

Atl would not be.

thats one reason why it may not be the most beneficial move.
              But we've already established Atlanta doesn't use Splitter very much, and have a younger better performing Muscala at the same position. I think they'll look to move Splitter to make room for an extra free agent after Horford, regardless if it's Durant or someone else.

Comment

But we've already established Atlanta doesn't use Splitter very much, and have a younger better performing Muscala at the same position. I think they'll look to move Splitter to make room for an extra free agent after Horford, regardless if it's Durant or someone else.
                splitter was injured to start season, and hasnt gotten back into form yet.

Splitter is the better player, I think most will agree with that

Comment

• Uh, no team in the league even hesitates for a second dumping Splitter if they are sure they can sign Durant. Frankly, most teams dump him just to get in the conversation.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Uh, no team in the league even hesitates for a second dumping Splitter if they are sure they can sign Durant. Frankly, most teams dump him just to get in the conversation.
                    This. San Antonio threw him away like a moldy potato and they won a title with him starting less than two years ago. And that was to sign Aldridge who is a star but just not on KD's level.

No GM in the league is gonna sit there and say, "Gee I'd love to sign KD, but we really need Tiago Splitter here. Oh well, maybe next time".

Comment

Uh, no team in the league even hesitates for a second dumping Splitter if they are sure they can sign Durant. Frankly, most teams dump him just to get in the conversation.
                      I never said they would hesitate.

Not a single time.

Just more of posters twisting what I post.

I said they would need to, which hurts their team in relation to depth.

Splitter would have to go for nothing at all coming back.

or 3 or 4 other players would have to go with nothing coming back.

that leaves a pretty depleted team imo, and one that may not seem as attractive to a guy such as Durant.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        This. San Antonio threw him away like a moldy potato and they won a title with him starting less than two years ago. And that was to sign Aldridge who is a star but just not on KD's level.

No GM in the league is gonna sit there and say, "Gee I'd love to sign KD, but we really need Tiago Splitter here. Oh well, maybe next time".
                        Holy Fuck.

I never said that at all.

talk about twisting ones words.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                          Fisher does get the team to play hard even last year they competed with a roster half full of d league talent because the team was plagued by injuries
                          I think Fischer is pretty good, even X-O as well as maximizing what he has to work with and keeping Melo happy. Someday he'll be a top coach in the NBA. Just not this year

Comment

Lol, why did they only superimpose Garnett's head?

Comment

I never said they would hesitate.

Not a single time.

Just more of posters twisting what I post.

I said they would need to, which hurts their team in relation to depth.

Splitter would have to go for nothing at all coming back.

or 3 or 4 other players would have to go with nothing coming back.

that leaves a pretty depleted team imo, and one that may not seem as attractive to a guy such as Durant.
                              Huh. Disagree. How does Tiago Splitter affect whether Durant would want to go somewhere? He's a backup C. It's like saying Biyombo is key to the Raptors' chances.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Huh. Disagree. How does Tiago Splitter affect whether Durant would want to go somewhere? He's a backup C. It's like saying Biyombo is key to the Raptors' chances.
                                Ouch.

That comes across as Biyombo and Splitter are a talent tossup? Tiago apart from his NBA title with the Spurs has won multiple championships in Spain alongwith MVPs.

Comment

Working...
                                X