No announcement yet.

Looking for shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Ross's thumb-injury on his shooting hand?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      What does that have to do with your point that Casey stops guys from shooting threes, therefore, the Raps can't shoot threes?
      stop passing and movement and allow guys to shoot threes. Unless it's off the dribble that doesn't work. Shooting isn't solely about being open but being in rhythm. Kerr said he'd rather take an in-rhythm contested three than out of rhythm open one.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Is Ross's thumb-injury on his shooting hand?
        Its on his left thumb, so no.

Comment

The shooting will normalize. I'm not the least bit concerned.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            The shooting will normalize. I'm not the least bit concerned.
            Yeah, Ross and 2Pat's shots will start falling again soon, and hopefully Carroll's struggles were just due to injury.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qxbqqlj

Comment

Trade for McDermott or Gsllinari.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Between the small sample size and early season, I'm not particularly worried. There's a lot of positives in shot selection:
                  long 2s are down (23% last year, 21% this year)
                  attempts in the restricted area are up (29% last year, 36% this year)
                  corner 3s are almost unchanged (8%)
                  non-restricted paint is slight increase (17% last year, 19% this year)
                  above the break 3s are down significantly, (22% last year, 15% this year)

So while shooting percentages are down, the offense is producing better quality looks. If they can keep the shot selection similar (or even improved), and if the averages normalize, it will be an offense near last year's for efficiency, but with a vastly improved defense.

Comment

I say FCK IT.
                    PLAY BRUNO, he's a big chucker and no one can block his shot, so put him in and let him shoot.
                    It's only for a few games anyways.

Kuh wrote: View Post
                    I hear this kid called Bruno is pretty good at shooting 3s ... maybe we could get him (some playing time).

And seriously, when you have a kid like Bruno in the wings (pun intended), any solution you get is going to be a short term veteran solution, and Masai has sort of indicated that he'd rather develop youth. So we may have to suffer through this for now, rack up a few more losses than we'd like this fall, and look for improvement by the end of the year ... which is when the games matter anyway.

P.S. What we really need is a rockstar, full-time, shooting coach like San Antonio has.

Comment

Coaches have to tweak their Offense to fit DD's lack of shooting.
                      He's a FA and if the team loses in the 1st round , MU will blow it up, not tanking, but some serious retooling.
                      I'm not concerned with the lack of production; but I'm a bit concerned about the offense in general (lack of structure). We can get away with it in the reg season, BUT come playoff our Offense will crumble like a cookie just like last year and the year before.

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Carroll is injured and once he's back and in the groove he gives you 3 point shooting. 2Pat and Ross have been terrible but I see 2Pat eventually getting his mojo back. He's just in a funk and is playing scared. He played like that last year and figured it out. I'm hoping Ross figures it out.

The biggest issue really is DD. But he's also a free agent! So let him walk and then get a guy that can shoot to fill in. Lots of wings in the 2016 free agency class.

Last thing I want is Masai to jeopardize the future (ie, trading a pick/prospect) by getting a scrub to help them this year. Raptors are not contenders so it doesn't really matter if they get an extra 3pt shooter.
                      Last edited by distorsun; Fri Nov 13, 2015, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I'd do it.
                        BUT WE CAN GET BATUM FOR FREE at the ENd of the year.

Comment

I like Sex on the Beach...

Comment

My concern with Patterson is that his 30% 3PT shooting actually goes back to January of last season. His numbers last year were propped up by a pretty good November and an amazing December. We're approaching a calendar year of Patterson being a 30% 3PT shooter on this team.
                            Last edited by S.R.; Fri Nov 13, 2015, 05:21 PM.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Kuh said a big part of the problem. We need a rock star shooting coach.

Also "we suck at shooting threes but the SG who plays 34 mpg and shoots 18% from three isnt the problem!"

Smh

Comment

Btw, Ray Allen is still a FA right?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X