Game #15: Toronto Raptors 91 - Los Angeles Clippers 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Sorry you said wins are meaningless in the NBA. You've lost all credibility with me after that quote. You can keep trying to prove your point but, just sound like rubbish to me.
    Look it up. Near the end of season losses are what determines who will be in the playoffs. Nobody looks at wins

Comment

I never said that.
      Hence the @demographicshift tag i put directly in front of that

You're still wearing that company suit though

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Hence the @demographicshift tag i put directly in front of that

You're still wearing that company suit though
        Thanks, looks pretty on me.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Ah no.
          Its pretty good logic to game plan for whats happening in the last few games as opposed to what happened a few years ago.
          But then.. never let logic get in the way of a good rant. One guy pointed out that the glass half empty group seems to have a heads I win tails you lose approach with the games. If the raps win they were lucky or won in spite of themselves and get no credit and when they lose the other team simply gave it away and the raps get no credit for that either.
          danny green is shooting like crap this season, do you think teams are gonna leave him open?

good lord man. wake up.

Comment

• Recent games mean gameplan to leave guys open? Jamal Crawford was averaging 22.5 ppg over the previous 4, including a 37 point night. He also lit up the Raptors last year.

Agreed that Austin Rivers is terrible and Pierce looks like he's done.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

So, sad when Raptor fans have to dig up stats to take away credit from a tough road win. We've lost a couple games cause we couldn't hit open shots. Do those teams get an asterisk for that?

I understand you guys don't like the style of play and with JV gone you guys will probably not have anything positive to say about the raptors for the next 20 games.

If you guys hate watching raptors basketball so much than don't watch. This is how were going to play. Nobody is forcing you to watch. Masai obviously doesn't fell like some of you feel.
              Its quite acceptable to be an unbridled optimist for this team. Keep the faith.
              Some simply don't share your view.
              I share your view that this team is a better defensive team than last year.
              I don't have all the detailed analytics but the eyeball test suggests that addition through subtraction has made us better.
              - Lou and Grevis weren't great defenders and they have been replaced by Corey Joseph who even the critics will grudgingly concede is an upgrade on both ends of the floor. Plus he plays "the right way."
              - Terrence Ross started last year at SF but this year Demarre Carroll starts there and is holding his own and thensome against some of the best wings in the game.
              - Chuck/Steamer have been replaced by Biz who is far more mobile and collects rebounds like Warren Buffet collects stocks. Their comparative offensive contributions are a wash.
              - We have lost ground with the PF spot by losing Amir. Scola is by no means a crappy defender but he isn't at the same level as Amir was.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Recent games mean gameplan to leave guys open? Jamal Crawford was averaging 22.5 ppg over the previous 4, including a 37 point night. He also lit up the Raptors last year.

Agreed that Austin Rivers is terrible and Pierce looks like he's done.
                No defense has 100% coverage. Raptors leave the weak side corner undefended and push the ball to the strongside sideline making a pass risky. If teams can move it to the undefended corner its just a race to contest. Carroll perimeter D is really good but Demar forgets to cover that corner hard alot

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  This thread has took a strange, strange turn

Christian, your company suit is showing

@DS "game planning to give Crawford open threes" ...Stop and think about that
                  but he missed them all...
                  funny how that worked out...
                  was that just shit house luck on our part ?
                  I swear to god that if someone ran the marathon in world record time you'd point out that he was wearing red laces and not blue ones so its immaterial....
                  - TGO

Comment

I swear to god that if someone ran the marathon in world record time you'd point out that he was wearing red laces and not blue ones so its immaterial....
                    are you being intentionally dense?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Wins are meaningless in the NBA. It's easy to make up wins but you can't unlose games
                      That is just breathtaking.
                      - TGO

Comment

but he missed them all...
                        funny how that worked out...
                        was that just shit house luck on our part ?
                        Knicks buried the open threes they got and won. The open three issue needs to be fixed because its a clear weakness that doesn't require a change in system or giving up a higher fg%.

Comment

Its quite acceptable to be an unbridled optimist for this team. Keep the faith.
                          Some simply don't share your view.
                          I share your view that this team is a better defensive team than last year.
                          I don't have all the detailed analytics but the eyeball test suggests that addition through subtraction has made us better.
                          - Lou and Grevis weren't great defenders and they have been replaced by Corey Joseph who even the critics will grudgingly concede is an upgrade on both ends of the floor. Plus he plays "the right way."
                          - Terrence Ross started last year at SF but this year Demarre Carroll starts there and is holding his own and thensome against some of the best wings in the game.
                          - Chuck/Steamer have been replaced by Biz who is far more mobile and collects rebounds like Warren Buffet collects stocks. Their comparative offensive contributions are a wash.
                          - We have lost ground with the PF spot by losing Amir. Scola is by no means a crappy defender but he isn't at the same level as Amir was.
                          I, agree with everything you said. I just think Scola deserve more credit. Scola is an average defender but, his a better rebounder than Amir. Which improve our defense a lot. Not giving up much second chance points compared to last year.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            are you being intentionally dense?
                            how so ?
                            - TGO

Comment

That is just breathtaking.
                              Wizards only played 8 games while other played 12-13 but had 4 losses while Knicks played 12 with 6 losses. NBA teams sometime have lots of games in hand or play alot more games. Using GB in basketball isn't like Baseball: Games aren't 50-50 in W-L

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                danny green is shooting like crap this season, do you think teams are gonna leave him open?

good lord man. wake up.
                                If he continues to shoot like crap then teams in all likelihood will sag off him until he shows he can do it during that game.
                                Sports is very simple game. It really doesn't matter what you did last game. What are you doing right now. And if right now Green isn't hitting his shots he will hurt his team two fold by continuing to miss and freeing up his cover to sag off on to someone who is playing well during that game.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X