the east standings now compared to year end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the east standings now compared to year end

To me indy is the big surprise at second how do you think things will shake out Cleveland should hold first and if we do end up 4th that would be fine.

your thoughts based on today who will move up or down?

Indy is a surprise to be sure, especially after we decimated them. Remember when people thought PG couldn't play PF?

That said, if you told me the Pacers were better built for the playoffs than the Raps, I'd laugh in your face.

Comment

And it's kinda nice to be playing in a good conference for once. No more excuses - if we finish in the top 5 again, we're officially a good team.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        And it's kinda nice to be playing in a good conference for once. No more excuses - if we finish in the top 5 again, we're officially a good team.
        Yes the west is losing the head to head matchup AND they all have lower overall records.
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

My best guess:
          Now
          1. Cavs
          2. Bulls
          3. Pacers
          4. Heat
          5. Raps
          6. Magic
          7. Celts
          8. Hawks
          9. Hornets
          10. Pistons
          11. Knicks
          12. Wizards
          13. Bucks
          14. Nets
          15. 76ers

End of season:
          1. Cavs - Irving still hasn't even come back yet
          2. Heat - terrifying D and there's an outside chance Dragic remembers how to play basketball
          3. Bulls - too talented not to place top 4
          4. Hawks - will pick it up with Thabo and Bazemore back, and soon Splitter
          5. Raps - this feels about right for us
          6. Celtics - really strong D but not enough talent, a testament to Stevens's coaching
          7. Wizards - they'll get better, but they might have a bigger hole at the 4 than we do
          8. Magic - still very young
          9. Pacers - George can't keep this up all season; he's been a one-man army
          10. Pistons - I don't trust any team starting Marcus Morris and Ersan Ilyasova... so inconsistent
          11. Knicks - not enough talent
          12. Bucks - the changes last year were for the worse
          13. Hornets - won't recover from absence of MKG and now Jefferson (even healthy he was looking terrible)
          14. Nets - a mess
          15. 76ers - an even bigger mess

I figure we'll end up playing either the Hawks or Celtics in the first round. I think on talent we'd beat the Celtics, though Stevens may outfox Casey to get things to a game 7.

I think the Hawks would beat us. Budenholzer is clever and would make adjustments with a full complement of players.

We can take the Wizards this year, I'm pretty sure. Bulls/Heat/Cavs would all get the better of us. Everyone else is beatable.

Comment

We are now close to 25% of the way in for most teams.
            From my seat in the peanut gallery of the current 8 teams in the playoffs I would see the first two falling out being Orlando and Boston. Of the teams outside looking in I see the Whiz and Pistons being most likely to move in because they can win on the road.

Of the seedings 1 to 8 I see Miami and Indy slipping out of home court.

Los Heat have built their current 11/6 record by playing 12 of their 17 at home with the benefit of a weaker strength of schedule. The open road starts for the Heat in January where they play 12 of 17 on the road including a couple of 3 games in 4 days killers. Deng is already hurt and Wade who hasn't stayed healthy over the last 4 seasons is likely to have knee/quad or hamstring problems before the halfway point of the season. Why do I say that ? Because Father time is undefeated.

The Pacers are not a fluke. Watched them play the Clips albeit without Chris Paul and they look good while beating LA. They can and do win on the road. An injury to George is the only thing that will keep Larry Legends crew out of the playoffs. Again don't see them hanging on to homecourt in the first round.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Dec 4, 2015, 03:59 PM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Working...
            X