X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    We should be resting Kyle

Bring Wright in from the dleague and give him some burn in the big show
    And then drop a very winnable game and blame Casey for sitting lowry? No thanks.

This could be a letdown game. Traveling from Atlanta b2b after an emotional win. Tonight is huge with golden state on saturday. Lose tonight and Saturday and all the momentum of last night is dead.

Unless the 72 inch warrior is unable to go completely, You play him. Maybe we play really well and only need him for 20-30 minutes
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      At the very least bebe has earned 15 to 20 minutes of run and see how it goes.
      That's my thought too. Don't think he's earned a starter spot, but if he can give you 15 good minutes for each of the next few games he might be a better starter than BB. Not because he's better but because he just kind of fits better IMO.

You can start CoJo, see how the game goes and decide if Lowry needs to be in the game. I would be disappointed to see a 35 minute game from him, but if he had to go in for 15 in the second half to ensure the victory you do it

Comment

The problem with starting cojo is our bench is horrid. Kills our depth.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          The problem with starting cojo is our bench is horrid. Kills our depth.
          Yea, I'm mainly just counting on the nuggets being bad and letting our bench look passable for a game. Also why I would want Lowry ready to go to start the 2nd if things were looking bleak

Comment

We should infect Kyle Lowry with the flu virus for the remainder of the season. He will win the freaking MVP.

For Lowry, Flu = GOD MODE!!!!

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              I know this will be shocking to people, but I went with neither. BeBe is pretty raw to be putting him up against starters out of the gate. And CoJo is absolutely necessary off the bench.

But as ever, they should change the starting lineup - Patterson in, Scola out.

I mean, start CoJo if you are resting Lowry because he is still sick, sure.
              Underrated part of the magic that just happened in Atlanta - with KL, DD, TR, and PP on the perimeter and BeBe alone inside, the floor opened up late in a way it hadn't at all while Scola and Biyombo were playing. The offense was super congested in the first half - four Raptors on the strong side most of the night and the ball almost never swung to the weak side. Lowry played amazing, but he was also able to get to the rim and find BeBe for open lobs because the floor was spread in the 4th. He doesn't get to the rim against Atlanta with Scola and Biyombo in.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bebe could start and prove ineffective. Of course.

And he'd be getting a start mostly because of injury - that's clear. Not (simply) because he "earned it" last night. Although he didn't not earn it ... if you know what I mean. It's experimental. Against the Nuggets. On account of injury. For the opening few minutes, maybe ...

So ... Cool, right?

Comment

I wouldn't say start Bebe, but play him 15-20 mins and see what he can do.

Comment

If you do start CoJo (ie if Lowry is out), you absolutely MUST start Patterson. The bench would need Scola in a big way, with a rookie in Wright running the show.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      If you do start CoJo (ie if Lowry is out), you absolutely MUST start Patterson. The bench would need Scola in a big way, with a rookie in Wright running the show.
                      IDK ... maybe. But I might be inclined to start Patterson just to give Patterson a "boost" after last night's play (And because Scola would "get" it, I'd think).

Funny, but I don't know that Patterson is "starter material" (and that's no insult, I hope - he's a very gifted athlete in an elite, pro league). But he's better than he has been. And we need that ...

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        We should infect Kyle Lowry with the flu virus for the remainder of the season. He will win the freaking MVP.

For Lowry, Flu = GOD MODE!!!!
                        Constantly infecting Lowry with the flu virus will have only one effect: you essentially create a flu virus incubator, where the viruses are exposed to Lowry's sheer force of will on a constant basis. Which is okay at first, because Lowry's going to continue to beat it every night. But if you ever lose containment on it, that virus is going to be an absolute beast. First you will just feel a little queasy, then you'll start feeling better, and you think you're over it, then BAM! it shreds your immune system like a Lakers-level defense, and the fact that your death comes swiftly won't minimize the fact that it will be excruciatingly painful.

Comment

Working...
                        X