Game #27 - Toronto Raptors 99 - Charlotte Hornets 109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    With two starting scorers out, and our bench shaky, Lowry and DeRozan's usage was bound to go up.
    On the whole though, their Usage is about the same all season. DD has had 28% Usage the past 3 seasons. Since JV went down, DD's usage is 28.6%.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      On the whole though, their Usage is about the same all season. DD has had 28% Usage the past 3 seasons. Since JV went down, DD's usage is 28.6%.
      Surprising, perhaps ... but Barolt was arguing the contrary for this past game is all ...

Comment

Surprising, perhaps ... but Barolt was arguing the contrary for this past game is all ...
        http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1/splits/2016/

Lowry's usage is up. In november it was 26.8%, in December 29.5%.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Not really surprising. DD's game doesn't really fluctuate; he gets the ball a lot. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't is the only real change.

Not sure that is Barolt's point. But better let him respond.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            And... we're playing .500 basketball.
            if ross wasnt a sack of shit, our bench could maybe actually produce and our record would be a bit better.

Comment

Once again, in the 4th and OT:

DeMar: 3/10.
              Lowry: 5/15.
              EVERYONE ELSE: 4/9.

Everyone else was working better than DeMar or Kyle, yet DeMar and Kyle took 70% of the shots. This wasn't the bench failing DeMar and Kyle, this was DeMar and Kyle failing the bench.
              Now, give me DeRozan and "Everyone Else's(including Lowry)" stats the 1st 3 periods.

The point is, DeRozan was the only guy that showed up to play last night along w/ Biz and Ross. That game wouldn't be close if the other guys played like the way they're capable of.

Btw, are you really new here? your posting style reminds me of someone.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Now, give me DeRozan and "Everyone Else's(including Lowry)" stats the 1st 3 periods.

The point is, DeRozan was the only guy that showed up to play last night along w/ Biz and Ross. That game wouldn't be close if the other guys played like the way they're capable of.

I am 'really new here', yes.

1st 3 quarters:

DeMar: 9/15.
                Lowry: 1/13.
                Rest of the team: 13/32.

Now, lets do it without the 1st quarter:

DeMar: 8/19.
                Lowry: 6/26.
                Rest of the team: 14/31.

The last few games, DeMar has been stellar in the 1st quarter, less good after that. But his 1st quarter numbers have been SO GOOD(really, they're amazing) that it covers up his worse shot selection and percentages the rest of the game.

Comment

I am 'really new here', yes.

1st 3 quarters:

DeMar: 9/15.
                  Lowry: 1/13.
                  Rest of the team: 13/32.

Now, lets do it without the 1st quarter:

DeMar: 8/19.
                  Lowry: 6/26.
                  Rest of the team: 14/31.

The last few games, DeMar has been stellar in the 1st quarter, less good after that. But his 1st quarter numbers have been SO GOOD(really, they're amazing) that it covers up his worse shot selection and percentages the rest of the game.
                  But that's only one way of looking at it - and the least flattering way to our "NBA Player of the Week", of course.

Put another way - fairly neutrally, I think, actually:

"If the whole team comes out shooting like absolute shit for three quarters, you might find DeMar guilty of doing "too much" in the 4th."

Narratives. Problematic. Cuz the Axis and Allies tend to tell different stories - even on the same facts ...

Comment

But that's only one way of looking at it - and the least flattering way to our "NBA Player of the Week", of course.

Put another way - fairly neutrally, I think, actually:

"If the whole team comes out shooting like absolute shit for three quarters, you might find DeMar guilty of doing "too much" in the 4th."

Narratives. Problematic. Cuz the Axis and Allies tend to tell different stories - even on the same facts ...
                    No, DeMar's numbers in the last week are simply ridiculous in the 1st quarter, and much less good afterwords.

Also, you want to have some fun look at this.

http://on.nba.com/22e64Fg

Movement charts for DeMar's shot attempts last night. Look at how few passes there were before the shot, and how often there was at least one player completely wide open and ignored.

Comment

No, DeMar's numbers in the last week are simply ridiculous in the 1st quarter, and much less good afterwords.

Movement charts for DeMar's shot attempts last night. Look at how few passes there were before the shot, and how often there was at least one player completely wide open and ignored.
                      Is this movement chart new? Cause I really hope all coaches and assistant coaches look at this.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        Is this movement chart new? Cause I really hope all coaches and assistant coaches look at this.
                        NBA.com has a ton of features that are hard to find but really, really cool.

Comment

But Patterson (and Lowry) weren't simply "ignored" all night - what happens when they aren't "ignored" (assuming Patterson will actually shoot), is part of the problem, no?

So a narrative of last night's game can't be told simply as a function of DD's selfishness, can it?

Comment

But Patterson (and Lowry) weren't simply "ignored" all night - what to do when they weren't "ignored", and if Patterson will actually shoot, is part of the problem, no? last night's narrative can't be told by and account of DD's selfishness, can it?
                            I don't think it's selfishness on the part of Lowry or DeMar. I think it's the way our 'offense' is written. Kyle and DeMar are supposed to look for their shot first on every possession. The problem with this is how, then, is anyone else supposed to ever feel involved on that end of the floor.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

CoJo showed up. His job was to hand the ball off to Derozan at the beginning of the clock and then GTFO of the way. He performed that role to a 'T'.

Comment

• I find this strange.

"Our offense didn't involve Joseph, Scola, Patterson and Lowry enough last night".

That's the story you want to go with??

Comment

Working...
                                X