No announcement yet.

Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's insane. Every Teague lineup is a minus, every Schroder lineup is a massive plus.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Ok, if Atlanta wants to deal Horford this season, how do we get him: (PlayerA/PlayerB) means pick one

Option 1) Demarre Carroll + Picks

Option 2) Patrick Patterson + Terrence Ross + Picks

Option 3) Ross, Scola, (Biyombo/Bebe/Bruno/Wright) + Picks

Option 4) Patterson, (Bebe/Bruno/Wright), (Bennett/Powell) + Picks

Option 5) Cojo, (Ross/Scola/Biyombo/Bebe/Bruno/Wright) + Picks

That pretty much covers it without sending out Lowry, DD, or JV, which sets us back and doesn't make sense.

Of course any trade for Horford requires Horford being committed to resigning here, so please don't argue about that, just assume that is the case.

I would do any of those trades. Some obviously make more sense for the Hawks than others. For instance, I think they would love to get their hands on Ross. Korver is pretty much done as a starter, so Ross gives them a starting SG for the next 3 years after this season. He fits their mold of 3 point shooting from the wing spot, and they have no heir apparent at that position. Cojo makes sense if they do a Teague trade, giving them a very solid backup PG to Schroeder.

The picks we send out depends on the players we send out. I'd love to keep the Knicks pick, but I'd include it in a deal to get Horford, especially since it looks to be in the 10-14 range, not the 3-9 range.
      If these were the options, then option 4 hands down.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Option 4 is the most ideal there of course. I'd give them Patterson and any combination of picks/prospects they wanted to get Horford. The other trades would all cost us depth in some way, while that one doesn't since Scola would just become the backup 4.

However I can't see Atlanta accepting that. Especially if a team like Boston comes knocking with the Nets pick among other assets. Although does Boston empty their cupboard for a guy like Horford who could just leave? Maybe not.
        I think Boston would empty the cupboard, but I don't know if Horford would want to resign with Boston when adding him doesn't make them a title contender. He'd get to play PF but he'd be on a team that has no other star talent and is worse than the Hawks. If we add Horford to KL, DD, JV, we are legit title contenders.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Sports Illustrated asked their round table who is:

"Biggest name traded before deadline?

Memphis made a bet that Green could bring badly-needed doses of versatility and athleticism to its tough West matchups. Instead, he’s been a mild disappointment, unable to truly stretch the court or capture the level of consistency the Grizzlies need.

Haven't seen Jeff Green really mentioned in here (this season at least). Any thoughts about whether he could fill out PF spot?
          He's just a less-spacier version of JJ to me. But smaller and older too. Not really a PF and can't really shoot.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
            If these were the options, then option 4 hands down.
            Unfortunately that is the least likely to work option. Doesn't give Atlanta any players they need. It just works salary wise.

Comment

I think Boston would empty the cupboard, but I don't know if Horford would want to resign with Boston when adding him doesn't make them a title contender. He'd get to play PF but he'd be on a team that has no other star talent and is worse than the Hawks. If we add Horford to KL, DD, JV, we are legit title contenders.
              Here's hoping that if Horford does ask for a trade, the relationship with the FO is good and he gives them a list that has the Raptors on it but not Boston.

Because if that doesn't happen they'd just take the best trade package they can get, regardless of where Horford wants to play.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                Is it dumb habits or is it playing with DeAndre who can't do anything outside 3 ft from the basket?
                That's part of the problem too...but that's another issue when you've got a true power forward in today's game who isn't big enough to play C or stretch the court at a high level (think guys like Duncan, Gasol, Bosh, KG, Dirk). Griffin can't anchor your D, even if you can get away playing 4 out with him in the middle on O. And he can't stretch the floor that well so having a traditional C beside him is tricky.

But when you look at the trend in his shooting especially...well there's no reason for his shot allocation to get skewed that much just because Jordan is there. That's just dumb basketball. His % of shots from 16-23 is great than his shooting % from there. That's ugly. Just typing that makes my eyes hurt.

Comment

Here's hoping that if Horford does ask for a trade, the relationship with the FO is good and he gives them a list that has the Raptors on it but not Boston.

Because if that doesn't happen they'd just take the best trade package they can get, regardless of where Horford wants to play.
                  True, but does Boston give up those Brooklyn picks without a promise from Horford to resign there? I don't think so. There would have to be a 2nd Boston trade bringing in another big time player to pair with Horford for it to be plausible.

Comment

• If the Cavs really look at the option of trading Love... we could offer Carroll, Scola and our best pick.

Comment

True, but does Boston give up those Brooklyn picks without a promise from Horford to resign there? I don't think so. There would have to be a 2nd Boston trade bringing in another big time player to pair with Horford for it to be plausible.
                      Yeah that's kind of what I was alluding to before. I don't think Boston would empty their cupboard for Horford precisely because there'd be no guarantee.

The Raptors imo would be more willing to take that sort of risk. Cause realistically you're taking out another top east contender and as long as everything goes smoothly you're probably making the conference finals, which makes re-signing Horford, not exactly a difficult pitch.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        That's part of the problem too...but that's another issue when you've got a true power forward in today's game who isn't big enough to play C or stretch the court at a high level (think guys like Duncan, Gasol, Bosh, KG, Dirk). Griffin can't anchor your D, even if you can get away playing 4 out with him in the middle on O. And he can't stretch the floor that well so having a traditional C beside him is tricky.

But when you look at the trend in his shooting especially...well there's no reason for his shot allocation to get skewed that much just because Jordan is there. That's just dumb basketball. His % of shots from 16-23 is great than his shooting % from there. That's ugly. Just typing that makes my eyes hurt.
                        The thing is, we pretty much have the perfect center to play alongside Blake. JV can play inside and outside, can hit the midrange shot and is effective from the elbow.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          If the Cavs really look at the option of trading Love... we could offer Carroll, Scola and our best pick.
                          There is no way we can get Love without a 3 team trade unless the Cavaliers want DeRozan.

Why would they trade him for Carroll/Scola? They're trying to get better and you need some kind of name recognition/star status to appease LeBron if you're dealing K-Love.

Comment

Yeah that's kind of what I was alluding to before. I don't think Boston would empty their cupboard for Horford precisely because there'd be no guarantee.

The Raptors imo would be more willing to take that sort of risk. Cause realistically you're taking out another top east contender and as long as everything goes smoothly you're probably making the conference finals, which makes re-signing Horford, not exactly a difficult pitch.
                            I worry about trading assets for Horford, then the possibility of Horford and DeMar both leaving in the summer. It might not be likely, but we have to at least account for the possibility, right?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              The thing is, we pretty much have the perfect center to play alongside Blake. JV can play inside and outside, can hit the midrange shot and is effective from the elbow.
                              Another thing I really like about Blake is he's extremely mobile and laterally quick. You don't even have a mismatch problem if the other team goes small (they would though) because he's got the quicks to guard most small forwards.

Comment

• What I really just can't figure out with all these rumours. With guys like Griffin and Morris in said rumours....Why are so many fans so desperate for the next "Zach Randolph"? Everyone wants the problem guy because they're available and think they'll change them for the better.

Why aren't we trying to get the next Bosh? Or Garnett? Or Ray Allen? Or Pau Gasol? Or "insert great player here who's also a great teammate and competitor who got traded and made his team better"?

Just because we're a good team, doesn't mean our options are limited to only taking big gambles. Good players who are also safer bets do become available.

Comment

Working...
                                X