Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    Watch, Cleveland will ditch Love in a three teamed and end up with mccollum and Morris and then Morris will proceed to torch us.
    That's the spirit!

Comment

Watch, Cleveland will ditch Love in a three teamed and end up with mccollum and Morris and then Morris will proceed to torch us.
      Honestly, if that happens, all power to them. However, can they keep Kieff happy for 4 years? Because that's the real cost of trading for him.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        I'm sorry but lumping Griffin in with Morris is seriously just not OK. Oceans apart in talent, oceans apart in off-court problems. Not the same thing whatsoever.

We're talking about a top 10 talent in the league who had 1 isolated problem and has no reputation for such things in the past, vs. a below-average starting PF who is currently working on a license to become a Registered Cancer in the state of Arizona.
        Why is everyone forgetting he's dealt with at least one off court thing before?

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/2014...-a-distraction

Not to mention the other link I posted showing him consistently losing his cool on the court.

Are they the same player? No. But are they both morons? It seems so. That's the only comparison I'm making. And that stupid players who cause problems are not good bets to go chasing in trades, *but everyone seems to think that's the kind of deal we need to make. The Griffin type costs the same amount as the safe bet because of talent. The Morris type isn't enough of a needle mover to take the risk.
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Jan 27, 2016, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          What I really just can't figure out with all these rumours. With guys like Griffin and Morris in said rumours....Why are so many fans so desperate for the next "Zach Randolph"? Everyone wants the problem guy because they're available and think they'll change them for the better.

Why aren't we trying to get the next Bosh? Or Garnett? Or Ray Allen? Or Pau Gasol? Or "insert great player here who's also a great teammate and competitor who got traded and made his team better"?

Just because we're a good team, doesn't mean our options are limited to only taking big gambles. Good players who are also safer bets do become available.
          I don't think anyone is putting limits on who the Raptors would trade for. But it's pointless to suggest "hey let's trade for Portis/Turner(Bosh), Devin Booker (Allen), Towns (KG), Porzingis(Gasol)!" Very crude comparisons but you get my drift. They're not really attainable targets so it's silly to even consider it. No one wants Morris over Millsap, but there's a reason his name pops up and it's easy to figure out.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            He was also reportedly very upset over the Clips loss to the Raps, and that's what started the fight, a dumb argument about us kicking their ass. Griffin is clearly a fierce competitor who wants to win, you can't say that about Morris.
            This is probably sarcasm but...it was the night before the game.

Anyway, it's likely Blake can handle his liquor and with how much of a bitch he acts like on the court, I can imagine his tendencies get worse when he's drunk. Still, he's fucking good but he's definitely not any kind of leader at all right now.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              I don't think anyone is putting limits on who the Raptors would trade for. But it's pointless to suggest "hey let's trade for Portis/Turner(Bosh), Devin Booker (Allen), Towns (KG), Porzingis(Gasol)!" Very crude comparisons but you get my drift. They're not really attainable targets so it's silly to even consider it. No one wants Morris over Millsap, but there's a reason his name pops up and it's easy to figure out.
              If the names popping up are "problems", then you shouldn't want to acquire them because they're "attainable". You get pieces because you think they have a good chance of making your team better. The basic transaction logic of the return outweighing the cost. I absolutely cannot say that I'm confident Morris fits that. And I'd hesitate to say so with Griffin given his track record as a centrepiece in LAC and the humongous cost it would take to get him (which will be the same cost as waiting for a "safe" bet in roughly the same tier as him).

If the "right" trade isn't there, then it's best to make no trade.

I also don't think Griffin actually becomes available any time soon. The return would have to be ridiculous, and the Clips have no incentive to rebuild, which is what that trade would mean. So all this Griffin-centred discussion is kind of just for kicks.

So...so far as I can tell, the only "attainable" target that's an obvious high risk is Morris, and there still seems to be a fairly large amount of support for that idea.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                Honestly, if that happens, all power to them. However, can they keep Kieff happy for 4 years? Because that's the real cost of trading for him.
                I don't remember him being unhappy or an on court issue before they traded his brother, so as I've said before , I don't see why it would continue after a trade.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Ok, if Atlanta wants to deal Horford this season, how do we get him: (PlayerA/PlayerB) means pick one

Option 1) Demarre Carroll + Picks

Option 2) Patrick Patterson + Terrence Ross + Picks

Option 3) Ross, Scola, (Biyombo/Bebe/Bruno/Wright) + Picks

Option 4) Patterson, (Bebe/Bruno/Wright), (Bennett/Powell) + Picks

Option 5) Cojo, (Ross/Scola/Biyombo/Bebe/Bruno/Wright) + Picks

That pretty much covers it without sending out Lowry, DD, or JV, which sets us back and doesn't make sense.

Of course any trade for Horford requires Horford being committed to resigning here, so please don't argue about that, just assume that is the case.

I would do any of those trades. Some obviously make more sense for the Hawks than others. For instance, I think they would love to get their hands on Ross. Korver is pretty much done as a starter, so Ross gives them a starting SG for the next 3 years after this season. He fits their mold of 3 point shooting from the wing spot, and they have no heir apparent at that position. Cojo makes sense if they do a Teague trade, giving them a very solid backup PG to Schroeder.

The picks we send out depends on the players we send out. I'd love to keep the Knicks pick, but I'd include it in a deal to get Horford, especially since it looks to be in the 10-14 range, not the 3-9 range.
                  I agree with the exception of the guys you state that trading would result in a step back.

Demar for horford makes us better now
                  Jv for horford makes us better now.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

If the names popping up are "problems", then you shouldn't want to acquire them because they're "attainable".

If the "right" trade isn't there, then it's best to make no trade.

So all this Griffin-centred discussion is kind of just for kicks.
                    All of this is clearly just for kicks. That's why people will talk about any player out there with any whiff of smoke about being available. It's no fun to sit around, twiddling your thumbs saying "nobody out there for us" even if that is your opinion. People will try to talk themselves into all kinds of crazy things. We've all been guilty of it.

Comment

I'm not doing this again with you, I was banned last time , it is extremely clear to anybody who watches basketball and knows the situation that his performance this year is in no way a measure of his skill. I am refer g to the player he was before his feelings of betrayal set in. Jesus . I'm not repeating that again.
                      The player markief was before was no where near as good as blake

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                        All of this is clearly just for kicks. That's why people will talk about any player out there with any whiff of smoke about being available. It's no fun to sit around, twiddling your thumbs saying "nobody out there for us" even if that is your opinion. People will try to talk themselves into all kinds of crazy things. We've all been guilty of it.
                        I just meant that there is no actual reason to think Griffin will be traded, unlike Morris who's name has been out there since summer and who's exit wouldn't signal a drastic change of direction for their team. This thread was supposed to be about guys who're actually being reported as on the block so they are seemingly available targets.

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but Marcus Morris was considered the lesser talented of the two brothers, but is playing quite well for Detroit this season. Can someone check his numbers vs. those of Patterson's and analize whom is playing better. The reason I'm asking is that there is a lot of conversation if Markief would be an upgrade to PP and I'd wager his numbers in a happy enviornment would be better than those of his brothers.

Comment

I just meant that there is no actual reason to think Griffin will be traded, unlike Morris who's name has been out there since summer and who's exit wouldn't signal a drastic change of direction for their team. This thread was supposed to be about guys who're actually being reported as on the block so they are seemingly available targets.
                            By the same token, Morris' name has been out there on the block since summer, and it's safe to assume if Masai really wanted him, he'd be on our team already.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                              The player markief was before was no where near as good as blake

Obviously.. smh
                              That's why he would cost less than half..
                              But if given the proper plateau to perform and grow I feel that he can easily be a poor man's Sheed

Comment

Obviously.. smh
                                That's why he would cost less than half..
                                But if given the proper plateau to perform and grow I feel that he can easily be a poor man's Sheed
                                Sheed played for some shitty organizations on some shitty teams, he never once quit on a team.

Comment

Working...
                                X