Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Once again your entitled to your opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Once again you believe what ever you want with zero evidence

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
      What evidence did you bring other than opinions of people from the Hawks forum.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Prospects and draft picks are food stamps. When was the last time the Raptors had a realistic window to the conference finals? Never? Once? This might be the best Raptors team in history and their best shot at a playoff run, ever. I’m not leaving anything on the table to worry about several years down the line.*

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...talk-and-more/

How I feel about trade deadline
        Ask Brooklyn how that worked out for them.

Although I get where you're coming from.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/...ine-ridiculous

Sounds to me like Ainge trying to push the price down, but if true I'm guessing the Hawks are asking for the Nets pick for an expiring Horford. Unfortunately it seems we are going to have to eat after Boston does--if we end up doing something that is.

Comment

Prospects and draft picks are food stamps. When was the last time the Raptors had a realistic window to the conference finals? Never? Once? This might be the best Raptors team in history and their best shot at a playoff run, ever. I’m not leaving anything on the table to worry about several years down the line.*

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...talk-and-more/

How I feel about trade deadline
            That's some dangerous logic. Just because this has been a shitty organization for most of 20 years and the East is vulnerable this year, that doesn't mean it's time to throw the process out the window just when the team is having its best sustained success + growth in its history.

Might get to the Conference Finals? That hasn't always been a huge achievement in the East for many of the past 20+ seasons.

It would be a terrible idea to go all-in on a short term move if the ceiling is conference finalist. Even if the ceiling is a 20% chance of getting past LeBron - you have to build for better than that, whether you're able to do that immediately or you need to stick to a longer term plan.

You have to aim for championships.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              That's some dangerous logic. Just because this has been a shitty organization for most of 20 years and the East is vulnerable this year, that doesn't mean it's time to throw the process out the window just when the team is having its best sustained success + growth in its history.

Might get to the Conference Finals? That hasn't always been a huge achievement in the East for many of the past 20+ seasons.

It would be a terrible idea to go all-in on a short term move if the ceiling is conference finalist. Even if the ceiling is a 20% chance of getting past LeBron - you have to build for better than that, whether you're able to do that immediately or you need to stick to a longer term plan.

I'm sure this isn't popular opinion, but i feel our best move is Chief Morris... i also feel this is where Masai is looking as well. The rumors that originally came out linking us to Morris were generally assumed to have come from either the suns or Kieff's agent, all these new rumors coming out linking us to just about every PF that may be available just seems like its showing a diluted interest for Morris from the Suns perspective. i would bet that in the conversations between Masai and the Suns have included potential trade ideas... and i would also bet that the Suns have wanted Patterson and/or the Knicks pick. I think they are currently at a stale mate because Masai, like most of us, doesn't want to loose Patterson and would prefer a package of Scola & JJ (with filler like our pick or clips / a prospect).

I really think this is the deal that will come to fruition by the deadline, or as i thought would be more accurate, by Monday so the "troubled" player can have an extended period with the new team to become as comfortable as possible with the changes and new faces.

I'm curious if Lowry and Morris have been in contact at all discussing the potential of playing with eachother (since they are friends)... i wonder if they may be spotted together this weekend in the 6ix.

Comment

Honestly I dont see anyone on this roster currently being better than Lowry. I just don't want us to waste his prime years.
                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Feb 12, 2016, 05:34 PM.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                  I'm sure this isn't popular opinion, but i feel our best move is Chief Morris... i also feel this is where Masai is looking as well. The rumors that originally came out linking us to Morris were generally assumed to have come from either the suns or Kieff's agent, all these new rumors coming out linking us to just about every PF that may be available just seems like its showing a diluted interest for Morris from the Suns perspective. i would bet that in the conversations between Masai and the Suns have included potential trade ideas... and i would also bet that the Suns have wanted Patterson and/or the Knicks pick. I think they are currently at a stale mate because Masai, like most of us, doesn't want to loose Patterson and would prefer a package of Scola & JJ (with filler like our pick or clips / a prospect).

I really think this is the deal that will come to fruition by the deadline, or as i thought would be more accurate, by Monday so the "troubled" player can have an extended period with the new team to become as comfortable as possible with the changes and new faces.

I'm curious if Lowry and Morris have been in contact at all discussing the potential of playing with eachother (since they are friends)... i wonder if they may be spotted together this weekend in the 6ix.
                  If Masai can land Morris with just Scola, JJ plus filler, then I would say the reward heavily outweighs the risk. Would be a solid acquisition if our top 9 stays in tact.

Comment

They can pretty much both do the same thing offensively but Paul can't anchor a defence like Horford.
                    EDIT: Why are you talking about Horford like he's Hakeem Olajuwon or something? He's a good defender but not a world-beater on that end.
                    Last edited by JWash; Fri Feb 12, 2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Morris is one of the better moves if you can't get Horford assuming the cost isn't too high. If you're just giving up our pick this year or the Clippers next year along with Scola+JJ+Prospect it's not a huge deal and doesn't decrease our long-term ceiling at all (in fact it increases it). Morris isn't a huge investment at $8M per year, and if the plan or hope is to eventually get another max level superstar to pair with our current guys somehow, it helps to have a starter that is significantly underpaid. Could also be used as trade bait later on who knows.

I think the highest upside of the deals I've seen is between Morris and TJones. Jones probably the highest, but my concern with him is that you're kinda screwed either way. If he sucks then he doesn't help you. If he plays well at all... well we've seen the kind of deals that young players on playoff teams that make deep runs get, he'd probably be the 2nd highest paid player on the team in 2016-17.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        If he plays well at all... well we've seen the kind of deals that young players on playoff teams that make deep runs get, he'd probably be the 2nd highest paid player on the team in 2016-17.
                        Lebron isn't Toronto's GM though.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

If we do somehow get past LeBron....is there a team in this league that has played GS better than the Raptors this season? I think MU is looking at both the present and future, so I trust him to make the smart moves.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            EDIT: Why are you talking about Horford like he's Hakeem Olajuwon or something? He's a good defender but not a world-beater on that end.
                            Never said he was that good. All I said his been the anchor of that defense.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Al Horford replaces Chris Bosh in the All-Star game. Maybe getting a preview of our big 3.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Does Drake know spanish?
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X