No announcement yet.

Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After following this thread for a couple of days...I still lean towards a fairly early rumor (about a month now I believe) that had Markieff & Tucker (PHX) being acquired. It is the type of not so expensive/low risk/depth deal that the Raptors need to execute this year. Keep the powder dry on assets and cap space for off season free agency.

Comment

• Time is running out. I'd say the chances of is staying pat are pretty high right now, which I'm not happy about

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        Time is running out. I'd say the chances of is staying pat are pretty high right now, which I'm not happy about
        Deadline is demain

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          After following this thread for a couple of days...I still lean towards a fairly early rumor (about a month now I believe) that had Markieff & Tucker (PHX) being acquired. It is the type of not so expensive/low risk/depth deal that the Raptors need to execute this year. Keep the powder dry on assets and cap space for off season free agency.
          Historically, Woj isn't wrong often. So when he says we aren't interested, I buy it.

If it was anyone else, I'd be more skeptical, but Woj has been right WAY more than he's been wrong.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I'm going with the previous years' winners. Zero Raptor-related trades.
            Any takers? Anyone? Anyone?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              Historically, Woj isn't wrong often. So when he says we aren't interested, I buy it.

If it was anyone else, I'd be more skeptical, but Woj has been right WAY more than he's been wrong.
              it wasn't Woj that reported it, it was Stein
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Still think we are looking at a small deal or no deal at all. Ujiri doesn't ever say much about what he is going to in public but what has said on more than one occasion is that he believes in giving the players he has a chance to grow with each other to become better together. He likes continuity. Thats why its just hard to see one or two impact players go out and one or more come in.

If we go the small deal route I expect with our salary structure the way it is to add one depth player to the group and that players will carry a salary of 2 to 4 M$ and it means one of our 4 rooks or near rooks go along with JJ's expiring with perhaps a draft pick to get the deal over the line.

Keeping PPat and moving Scola one seat down the bench would be the Ujiri way. We could go after a .an Omri Casspi... a PJ Tucker...a Jon Leuer....Terrence Jones.... Trevor Ariza type that allows Scola to come off the bench for 10 minutes a night or to play a specific matchup.

26 hours to go.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Any takers? Anyone? Anyone?
                  I think MU put a bit of pressure on himself to make a trade by saying that he regretted not making a move the previous year at the trade deadline. Also by publicly saying we have more picks than we can use.

I think he's targeting someone that is not being talked about as available.

Comment

• If I could vote again I'd pick "Stay Pat!" Though if there was also "Scola-ong Luis!" it would be a tough choice. Maybe a "Bye-yombo" one too.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      it wasn't Woj that reported it, it was Stein
                      https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...33212562108416

That looks like Woj to me.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

True. But I dont think Woj is above from doing Masai a favour by putting out that tidbit (to drive down the price). Masai can throw him a bone on something else. Woj is like anyone in the business...lots of quid pro quos...he doesn't have a special secret communications bugging system to get his "bombs". I have no idea...just an observation. We just dont know.

Comment

• If we don't make a deadline move for a second straight year would it be called Standing 2pat?

Comment

Does Houston say no to our first and Scola for Jones? We could start either Jones or Patterson, with the other one in the bench mob.

I feel like that trade probably works for both teams, as our first is going to be a very late pick likely, so we aren't giving up a ton.
                            Coincidentally, that's the exact deal I used in 2K16 franchise to nab Jones from Houston...

I do that deal in a heartbeat, unsure if they do, but I would hope Masai is watching Jones.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              Casspi isn't a full-time PF though. He's essentially a JJ with a 3 and slightly worse D.
                              I remember suggesting him a few years ago as a cheap target and someone had pointed out that the guy had someone earned the nickname "ass-fingers" on that team's fan site. Not really relevant, but always stuck with me lol
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                I also notice that there seems to be alot of Lurkers out there, voting on the Poll but not actually getting in here for the chat! C'mon guys! All you lurkers! Get in here!! Haha
                                At least these lurkers have user names. Remember the # of people that were following the Legacy League draft thread? That was insane, like 100+ "guests".
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X