Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day One wrote: View Post
    lol I feel like we said all this about MU and Casey last year. Do to the massive amount of injurys this year I don't see us flaming out in the playoffs, it wont be untill next year that we see the true affects because chi will be healthy, detriot will be better then us, cleveland, probably indy I guessing that we will finish 7th or 8th in the east. I feel like i should make this clear, ive in the fire MU camp since we kept our coach last year.
    What massive amounts of injuries? Jimmy butler and bradley beal? Demarre carroll? Jeez thank goodness the wizards have been so banged up this the reason we are at 35-17!!

So everybody is going to be leap frog us next year while we stand idly by and do nothing? That's a mighty depressing crystal ball you have there miss cleo
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

look up JJ rap sheet, so its ok for us to hope he get mentally stronger even thou he shows no signs of it (even this season) yet its not ok for us to get a player who our stars have stated they are friends with because ......... fuck im so pissed that Washington is going to be better then us now because of our gms moral compass. its a fucking joke hes still in the L but were to good for him.

btw i dont want him on our team either, but im a fan not a fucking gm. #doyourfuckingjob
      Now I'm confused.

You don't what him on our team + Neither did the GM. = GM should do his job?

Kind of sounds like he did.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        JJ has shown no signs of being mentally strong? I guess you haven't noticed but he's been nothing but a consumate pro, working with the young guys etc.

3 things are hilarious about your last statements.
        1) Washington is now better than us because of morris
        2) you think it's ridiculous that a gm should have a moral compass, and you also think because lowry likes morris that should make a lick of a difference (inmates don't run the asylum)
        3) and biggest of all...you strangely say "BTW I don't want him on the team either" but masai should do his fucking job...huh?
        JJ nothing but a consumate pro ? consummate pro ?...... really I wont bother explaining the 3 different things hes done this year to be repeatedly put back in DC dog house (its not like hes called out his head coach publicly again for playing time) because I can tell you will just ignore it.

do you think Morris sucks ? I'm really confused by this. I don't mean his character. Are you honestly saying you dont think Morris will help washington.

as for a gms moral compass, are you suggesting Washington's GM made a huge mistake and hes not a good GM because he made a move for Morris, after Morris was such a joke and treated the suns like crap and their gm said they are not trading him because his talent is so good that they hope to regain his trust after lying to his face.

the biggest of all, yeah I don't like the guy, sounds like a punk bitch to me, I also thought the same about Jason Kidd(repeatedly beats his wife) and a ton of other players that have made multiple mistakes during their career, some much worse then Morris. but as a fan there is nothing wrong with my thinking that, now if im payed to but the best possible team out on the floor but I cant do that because there is a player i personally don't like because he jumps people then that is an issue.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          The thing is, everyone involved in the Suns, fans, bloggers and media personalities, couldn't be happier that Markieff is gone. That says a lot about the guy.
          but it doesnt speak of the future of him.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            Now I'm confused.

You don't what him on our team + Neither did the GM. = GM should do his job?

Kind of sounds like he did.
            what a fan wants had nothing to do with a gm doing his job, he has one job and one job only. win at all cost.

Comment

what a fan wants had nothing to do with a gm doing his job, he has one job and one job only. win at all cost.
              Ask Brooklyn how that worked out for them.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                What massive amounts of injuries? Jimmy butler and bradley beal? Demarre carroll? Jeez thank goodness the wizards have been so banged up this the reason we are at 35-17!!

So everybody is going to be leap frog us next year while we stand idly by and do nothing? That's a mighty depressing crystal ball you have there miss cleo
                my crystal ball is way bigger then yours son. lol what massive amount od injuries, you think jimmy butler is their only injury. come on do a quick google search before you post such thinks lol wow carroll ?

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  Ask Brooklyn how that worked out for them.
                  what ? you think what brooklyn did was going to lead to wins lol bahahhaha. you and their owner might be the only ones who that putting a bunch of overpaid old past their time players would = winning.

Comment

my crystal ball is way bigger then yours son. lol what massive amount od injuries, you think jimmy butler is their only injury. come on do a quick google search before you post such thinks lol wow carroll ?
                    I'm not going to continue this. Clearly you're irrationally enraged that MU didn't pick up markief morris or some other so so power forward and it's going to lead to 6 teams leap frigging us next year, but first we will go on a playoff run, because of massive injuries. Or something.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

what ? you think what brooklyn did was going to lead to wins lol bahahhaha. you and their owner might be the only ones who that putting a bunch of overpaid old past their time players would = winning.
                      I never said that I thought what they did would lead to wins. I never even implied that. I specifically highlighted the point you made about winning at any cost. For Brooklyn; they believed they were doing that.

The main point was different people have different definitions of what would lead to wins. Evidentially; obtaining Morris (or anyone else he was looking at) wasn't worth it for Masai.

That was the whole point; you don't make moves JUST to make moves. Costs matter.
                      Last edited by Just Is; Fri Feb 19, 2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                        Celtics are in the process of buying out David Lee.

David Lee for the minimum > Anthony Bennett.
                        I like this a lot. Give some of Scola's minutes to him, and good injury insurance.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Excellent chance we draft Skal Labissiere with the Knicks pick and he is our starting PF by the end of next season. His upside is 10X higher than Morris. We could also make FA offers to Terrence Jones or Dwight Powell or DMo or "name other free agent PF". We could also make an offseason trade, which are far more common and far easier to complete than in season. Freaking out about not getting Morris is beyond foolish. It would just lock us into having a mediocre headcase starting PF for the next 3 years. If you think Morris makes us a threat to GSW or SA you haven't watched him play enough, his talent level is not that high and he's incredibly inconsistent. Aim higher.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            Excellent chance we draft Skal Labissiere with the Knicks pick and he is our starting PF by the end of next season. His upside is 10X higher than Morris. We could also make FA offers to Terrence Jones or Dwight Powell or DMo or "name other free agent PF". We could also make an offseason trade, which are far more common and far easier to complete than in season. Freaking out about not getting Morris is beyond foolish. It would just lock us into having a mediocre headcase starting PF for the next 3 years. If you think Morris makes us a threat to GSW or SA you haven't watched him play enough, his talent level is not that high and he's incredibly inconsistent. Aim higher.
                            no one is freaking out about not getting morris, some a questioning not making some sort of a move to improve.

Comment

Except when the trade happened, NBA.com analysts deemed them the new "superteam".

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                Except when the trade happened, NBA.com analysts deemed them the new "superteam".
                                Not just NBA.com analysts.

http://basketball.realgm.com/poll/22...Garnett-Pierce
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X