Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    I'd look for a team with an old core in win-now mode, that has a strong likelihood of sucking in 2-5 years and try to squeeze a couple of un-protected 1st round picks (or worst case, swap rights) for Derozan, plus another asset. Now would be the time to sell-high on Derozan.

Memphis Grizzlies come to mind. Maybe the Clippers & Bulls. Thunder, Kings, Knicks might also be candidates. Basically, similar to what the Celtics did to the Nets with Garnett and Pierce that is paying off this year.
    Clippers or Cavs

Comment

Just posted this elsewhere, but this is probably a better thread to share that Celtics GM Danny Ainge has said his team needs a "go to scorer". They have more than enough assets to make us a good offer and still chase DMC in Sac.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

People have been talking about "selling high" on DeRozan since his 3rd season.

He's not going to get traded. He'll be resigned and be on the Raptors next season.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
          People have been talking about "selling high" on DeRozan since his 3rd season.

He's not going to get traded. He'll be resigned and be on the Raptors next season.
          God, I hope not.

If DeRo stays, so does Casey. You realize that's why CASEY'S STILL HERE, RIGHT?

Casey is the only coach who'll play an offense fitted for DeMar. You don't build around a guy whose basically Charlie Villanueva.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
            You don't build around a guy whose basically Charlie Villanueva.
            I remember being sad when he was traded.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
              God, I hope not.

If DeRo stays, so does Casey. You realize that's why CASEY'S STILL HERE, RIGHT?

Casey is the only coach who'll play an offense fitted for DeMar. You don't build around a guy whose basically Charlie Villanueva.
              The offense Casey plays isn't fit for anyone and Casey's presence here is not tied to DeRozan's.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                The offense Casey plays isn't fit for anyone and Casey's presence here is not tied to DeRozan's.
                I think it is.

Tell me that this offense doesn't make DeRozan a better player. He gets to the line often, can pull up for mid-range shots as much as he likes or try to be "Fancy Passer Extraordinaire".

If DeRozan was in a ball movement line-up, would he really be as effective? I think his numbers go down.... but he'd be better all-around with team play.

I still do not want him back.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  I don't think we need any help in the backcourt. That's our area of greatest strength and depth.

We need a legitimate 4. That should be our prime focus.

Ryan Anderson is available. It seems Taj Gibson is available, and given how the rotation is shaking out, potentially Nikola Mirotic.

Markieff Morris has been confirmed to be available.

Terrence Jones has been shopped and I would think Houston might make any of their forwards save Motiejunas available. Celtics have a surplus of bigs but are probably trying to land a star.
                  All excellent points & all PFs with a potential (ie obtainable & likely, at least some, at a reasonable cost).
                  However, we do DESPERATELY need some scoring off the bench. Martin imo would be a decent fit (assuming Casey does not "go Lou" on him). Can go ISO, but can move & slash. Draws a lot of fouls (which he coverts at a high rate -good to have with a 1 or 2 pt game, ball & 15 secs to go).
                  Cost: Clips 1st & JJ or even TRoss?
                  Injury concerns? Yes. This might drop his trade value. Don't forget: All the teams over the apron -hard to trade for him

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                    All excellent points & all PFs with a potential (ie obtainable & likely, at least some, at a reasonable cost).
                    However, we do DESPERATELY need some scoring off the bench. Martin imo would be a decent fit (assuming Casey does not "go Lou" on him). Can go ISO, but can move & slash. Draws a lot of fouls (which he coverts at a high rate -good to have with a 1 or 2 pt game, ball & 15 secs to go).
                    Cost: Clips 1st & JJ or even TRoss?
                    Injury concerns? Yes. This might drop his trade value. Don't forget: All the teams over the apron -hard to trade for him
                    Zach Lowe mentioned on his latest podcast with Kevin Arnovits that Minny would not get a 1st for Martin...just a 2nd. His words and he's not always right. There's always a sucker out there, but I doubt it would be Masai.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                      Zach Lowe mentioned on his latest podcast with Kevin Arnovits that Minny would not get a 1st for Martin...just a 2nd. His words and he's not always right. There's always a sucker out there, but I doubt it would be Masai.
                      At the cost of a 2nd rounder, Kevin Martin would be great for the bench. But then again, wouldn't trading for K-Mart be just like getting a shot-happy, no-defense gunner like Lou Williams all over again? Throwing Lou under the bus for messing up team chemistry is partially what saved Casey's job last season.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        At the cost of a 2nd rounder, Kevin Martin would be great for the bench. But then again, wouldn't trading for K-Mart be just like getting a shot-happy, no-defense gunner like Lou Williams all over again? Throwing Lou under the bus for messing up team chemistry is partially what saved Casey's job last season.
                        As long as Casey, DeMar and Kyle are still with our team, I'm not sure changing the pieces around them will change much of anything. Kevin Martin can score, sure, but can he get the ball if he's on our team?
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                          As long as Casey, DeMar and Kyle are still with our team, I'm not sure changing the pieces around them will change much of anything. Kevin Martin can score, sure, but can he get the ball if he's on our team?
                          Ideally he would be there so DD and KL don't have to play so much...but I mean, knowing Casey...you never know.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                            Ideally he would be there so DD and KL don't have to play so much...but I mean, knowing Casey...you never know.
                            KL-CJ-KM-DD-DC lineup for the win.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Actually, I don't want any part of Kevin Martin. Selfish chucker whose individual numbers always look great, but whose teams always seem to suck.

However, for this specific Raptor team at this point in time, it seems like a veteran guard who can create his own shot is the only type of player that Casey can *design* an offense for.

Comment

I have a feeling a trade will happen today
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X