Game #28 - Toronto Raptors 108 - Miami Heat 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    How about this: BB played 40 minutes in Charlotte and 34 in Miami. Lowry, aside from shooting 3's (career best % and second in the league in 3PT FGM after Steph Curry) needs to be able to drive to the basket. How is he supposed to attack the basket when Hassan Whiteside can cheat off Biyombo and patrol the paint? Any number of drives last night the Raptors guards had to toss an emergency pass back out to the perimeter from right under the basket because they had no prayer of finishing at the rim against the traffic in there.
    Lowry in December is only hitting 3s at a 33.7 clip. His FG% is down to 40%. He's shooting under 34% from the field in the last 6 games. He looks tired.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I think you are reading far too much into someone's "automatic loss" posts mate.

I'd be more concerned with aligning myself with a guy who called for the mods to "purge the fake fans" from the site.
      Lol no aligning... I'm a one man gang!

Bah humbug.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
        this is madness, why would anyone want you to say lowry played amazing, just because he shot just under 50 percent on the road agian a fellow allstar calaber pg and was plus 17 in his 38 min on the floor while the play Dragic was -16 in 33 min. oh your right thou he took some shots that his coach allows him to take and looked really really really bad when he missed. so yeah your right the Dude got owned by Dragic. this is absolutely hilarious, you will say anything fact or fiction to support your opinion lol

sorry if im upsetting you, i can tell you get upset when people try and be positive.
        Ok this is just weird.

Based from this post i think you're the one who's upset lol. Be honest now!

I KNOW THEY WON AND ALL, I've official lost all respect for you, IMO once again IMO you are not someone i would care to speak to at all ever in life. Its crazy how bad you want people to respect your opinion. write your rubutel or not I will continue to defend OUR team agiast people of no knowledge or understanding of the game and simple expect the impossibility of a perfect game ever game. they words you type have no meaning because you have typed them.
        I'm guessing you're a Kyle Lowry fan. Sorry for being "too" negative about your boy(well not really). But if you watched that game last night and the game against Charlotte the other night um yeah he was awful. Beyond awful. Anyone other than Day One disagrees w/ this? i really want to know lol? anyone?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Lowry in December is only hitting 3s at a 33.7 clip. His FG% is down to 40%. He's shooting under 34% from the field in the last 6 games. He looks tired.
          You know who else has really tailed off in December? Cory Joseph - another guard who needs to penetrate the paint. His FG% was .504 up to Nov. 30th but he's shooting .392 in December.

These guys are tired and struggling - probably partly carrying too heavy a load with two starters out, but also their shots are a lot harder with BB playing 30-40 minutes a game.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Lowry was asked when we he would know if the MPG were becoming a drain, (and if his off-season conditioning would pay off).

"March", he said.

It's a third of the way through the season - and we're already through the worst of it. Sure, he's playing big minutes - the kind of minutes All Stars generally play for their teams. And we have played four more games than the Bulls. But that also means we can expect more rest, and home games, going forward, too.

It's still very early for the "Kyle Lowry Break-Down Countdown!!", I think. There's valid concern and then there's ... hysteria, you know? People saying:

"Where there's smoke there's .... "Fire! Fire!".
            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sat Dec 19, 2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

You know who else has really tailed off in December? Cory Joseph - another guard who needs to penetrate the paint. His FG% was .504 up to Nov. 30th but he's shooting .392 in December.

These guys are tired and struggling - probably partly carrying too heavy a load with two starters out, but also their shots are a lot harder with BB playing 30-40 minutes a game.
              It's a failure to involve other players as well though. We run a 2 man offense most of the time. It's taking a huge toll on our point guards because the other guys aren't expected or expecting to be involved on a regular basis.

Lowry's huge minutes load hasn't been reduced at all, and Delon Wright is dominating D-league competition. Isn't this what we drafted Wright for? So Lowry wouldn't have to carry such a ridiculous load and wear himself out?

DeMar's been great lately, and last night he had a freakishly good game shooting mid-range shots, a shot he's been just plain bad at all year. Ross has had a quietly fantastic month, up to 42.8% from 3 and 57.7% TS% on the month. Let them carry more of the load, bring Delon up and give Lowry a few really low minutes nights.

Maybe use the extra minutes for CoJo to spend more time with the starters to get his confidence up, as well as to bring Delon in and let him get some run so he's ready if we need him come the playoffs.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                Lowry was asked when we he would know if the MPG were becoming a drain, (and if his off-season conditioning would pay off).

"March", he said.

It's a third of the way through the season - and we're already through the worst of it. Sure, he's playing big minutes - the kind of minutes All Stars generally play for their teams. And we have played four more games than the Bulls. But that also means we can expect more rest, and home games, going forward, too.

It's still very early for the "Kyle Lowry Break-down Countdown!", I think. There's valid concern and then there's ... hysteria, you know? People saying: "Where there's smoke there's .... "Fire! Fire!".
                Our early season schedule is vastly overstated. We're in the bottom half of the league in strength of schedule.

Comment

It's a failure to involve other players as well though. We run a 2 man offense most of the time. It's taking a huge toll on our point guards because the other guys aren't expected or expecting to be involved on a regular basis.

Lowry's huge minutes load hasn't been reduced at all, and Delon Wright is dominating D-league competition. Isn't this what we drafted Wright for? So Lowry wouldn't have to carry such a ridiculous load and wear himself out?

DeMar's been great lately, and last night he had a freakishly good game shooting mid-range shots, a shot he's been just plain bad at all year. Ross has had a quietly fantastic month, up to 42.8% from 3 and 57.7% TS% on the month. Let them carry more of the load, bring Delon up and give Lowry a few really low minutes nights.

Maybe use the extra minutes for CoJo to spend more time with the starters to get his confidence up, as well as to bring Delon in and let him get some run so he's ready if we need him come the playoffs.
                  Really stood out how long Spo rests his main guys on the bench. KL/DD/DC are all higher mpg than Miami's highest minutes guy (Bosh).
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Really stood out how long Spo rests his main guys on the bench. KL/DD/DC are all higher mpg than Miami's highest minutes guy (Bosh).
                    The night before we played Charlotte, on the first night of their back to back, noone on their team hit 30 minutes. Lowry's been below 30 minutes twice so far this season, and his lowest minutes total is 28:57. DeMar has also been below 30 minutes twice, with his lowest at 27:24. We ride those guys ridiculously hard.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      I'm guessing you're a Kyle Lowry fan. Sorry for being "too" negative about your boy(well not really). But if you watched that game last night and the game against Charlotte the other night um yeah he was awful. Beyond awful. Anyone other than Day One disagrees w/ this? i really want to know lol? anyone?
                      No one?

I rest my case.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's still very early for the "Kyle Lowry Break-Down Countdown!!", I think. There's valid concern and then there's ... hysteria, you know?
                        Lowry's numbers started to drop last January. Is mid-December really too early to worry about a repeat? Or should we wait until it's too late to prevent it?

But "hysteria". Good one.

#LaughOffTheTrolls
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Lowry's numbers started to drop last January. Is mid-December really too early to worry about a repeat? Or should we wait until it's too late to prevent it?

But "hysteria". Good one.

#LaughOffTheTrolls
                          I plainly acknowledged the good sense of being concerned and tried to contrast that with "hysteria":

"[E]xaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement, especially among a group of people".

But I thought calling someone a "troll" was a "no-go" here ...?
                          Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sat Dec 19, 2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Game #28 - Toronto Raptors @ Miami Heat

Barolt wrote: View Post
                            Our early season schedule is vastly overstated. We're in the bottom half of the league in strength of schedule.
                            Strength of schedule doesn't take into account road/home games.

We have had the most road games than any other team In the league.

EDIT: we are tied with the sixers for the most road games. But like u get my point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I plainly acknowledged the good sense of being concerned and tried to contrast that with "hysteria":

"[E]xaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement, especially among a group of people".

But I thought calling someone a "troll" was a "no-go" here ...?
                              He's just calling it like it is.

Comment

The BB theory for the explanation of Lowry and cojo's drop off is interesting.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X